Singapore - Feedback

Moderators: Chuah, Moderators, Regional Mappers

indrapr
Valued Contributor

Re: Singapore - Feedback

Postby indrapr » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:39 am

singawon wrote:
indrapr wrote: Note that the mapper in-charge of SG and Johor maptiles is from MSM, not MFM. :) :)

Bro indrapr,I a bit blur here,you mean the mapper in msm is also helping to map in mfm?

Bro singawon, apologise, just read this. What I meant is actually the other way around, MSM mapper for Singapore does not involved in MFM. That's why the MFM's version of Singapore map would have to be built from scratch, from my understanding. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Looking forward to see the first MFM's version of Singapore map to be included so I can start to help in contributing... :) :)

colalite
Valued Contributor

Postby colalite » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:34 pm

Are we allowed to post here corrections to MSM map of Singapore? This is because right now there is no map of Singapore in MFM.
Does anyone know who is making the new map of Singapore for MFM?

indrapr
Valued Contributor

Postby indrapr » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:37 pm

colalite wrote:Are we allowed to post here corrections to MSM map of Singapore? This is because right now there is no map of Singapore in MFM.
Does anyone know who is making the new map of Singapore for MFM?

Since MFM doesn't have any Singapore maptile yet, there's nothing to correct so I think we don't have to submit corrections as yet.

I think the best way to contribute is to submit tracks and POIs so MFM mapper in-charge of Singapore can start building the map soon. Like what Rajeh has been doing in the past couple of days. :thumbsup:

rajeh1313
Polygon Mapper

Postby rajeh1313 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:19 am

indrapr wrote:I think the best way to contribute is to submit tracks and POIs so MFM mapper in-charge of Singapore can start building the map soon. Like what Rajeh has been doing in the past couple of days. :thumbsup:

:peace: just helping out :peace:
Rajeh1313 (+65 93831441)
Born & grew up in Batu Pahat... presently in Singapore...

JJ007
Valued Contributor

Postby JJ007 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:35 pm

singawon wrote:
indrapr wrote: Note that the mapper in-charge of SG and Johor maptiles is from MSM, not MFM. :) :)

Bro indrapr,I a bit blur here,you mean the mapper in msm is also helping to map in mfm?

exactly i meant .. MSM SIN+JHR mapper is not joining MFM

the are quick way and slow ways to map SIN, using Google map to trace over is one way, and later to correct the offset. I believe the sifu will do the same for majority of the roads, tracks etc. To correct the offset, we need to submit 'real' tracklogs hopefully with good accuracy ones (with good antenna and +/-1meter accuracy bro Singawon I know you have good antenna, as well as Chuah and Redshadow < where is he??) then mappers can use it to adjust the offset. like that faster lah, else may be have to wait til 2009 to get SIN map leh .. :cry:

I hope I am correct ? mappers?

Let's start contribute, especially POIs (which cant get from Google)
Device : Edge 800, Nuvi 1460 SG/My, Oregon 300
EPL : Man United Rocks !

Chuah
Polygon Mapper
Location: SG Nuvi 200, 76CX, Holux GPSmile 62 + Papago X2, 3, 5 + Omnia 2 GMXT

Postby Chuah » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:17 pm

Bro JJ

I think for Singapore map, Bro Jaguar team and Bro OngCC is working on it. There is difficute and double works for us to start again without information from them (i think some information they already have). except you want to make your own map.

For easy, we need some one to organise and separate the area to each person, so we can start mapping again. For this moment, i think just wait la. :lol:

Chuah

singawon
Valued Contributor

Postby singawon » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:54 pm

Chuah wrote:Bro JJ
For easy, we need some one to organise and separate the area to each person, so we can start mapping again. For this moment, i think just wait la. :lol:
Chuah

I think let wait for the big brother to clarify in which area they need help, so from there. all will know what to do next, you now go track all roads, sekali they already have then waste petrol. :mrgreen:
诸恶莫作 众善奉行 自净其意 是诸佛教

singawon
Valued Contributor

Postby singawon » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:58 pm

JJ007 wrote:
singawon wrote:

exactly i meant .. MSM SIN+JHR mapper is not joining MFM

the are quick way and slow ways to map SIN, using Google map to trace over is one way, and later to correct the offset. I believe the sifu will do the same for majority of the roads, tracks etc. To correct the offset, we need to submit 'real' tracklogs hopefully with good accuracy ones (with good antenna and +/-1meter accuracy bro Singawon I know you have good antenna, as well as Chuah and Redshadow < where is he??) then mappers can use it to adjust the offset. like that faster lah, else may be have to wait til 2009 to get SIN map leh .. :cry:
I hope I am correct ? mappers?
Let's start contribute, especially POIs (which cant get from Google)

I have taken out my antenna since i change my ride, now it is sitting at one corner waiting for order... :mrgreen:

The antenna will help in some way to improve the signal but it still depend whether it has a clear sky and if surrounded by too many tall building, the signal received is still not as good.
诸恶莫作 众善奉行 自净其意 是诸佛教

rajeh1313
Polygon Mapper

Postby rajeh1313 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:43 pm

so what's the final say??? do we track or wait...??? #-o
Rajeh1313 (+65 93831441)
Born & grew up in Batu Pahat... presently in Singapore...

aceedburn

Postby aceedburn » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:16 pm

bro ongcc, just to highlight that the singapore mapset is spelt as singpore.

Thanks! - OngCC
nüvi® 205 & mfm - always takes you home!

Return to “SG Archives”