Singapore - Feedback (Q1 2010)

Moderators: Chuah, Moderators, Regional Mappers

yoladu
Valued Contributor

Re: Singapore - Feedback (Q1 2010)

Postby yoladu » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:47 am

epi wrote:The Nex print has just been put up in this week release. It was contributed by one of our brother here.

Yes, that's from me
epi wrote:I have just followed up by putting the Nex car park in place.
The Nex car park is extremely congestive during this period of time. As suggested by our brother, local news paper etc..

Also from me

epi wrote:The 2 Nex XXXX car park were purposely named after Nex. It is meant to be user friendly by instant searching alternative available inclusive of Nex instead of looking to the actual Blk xxxx.

My suggestion to delete these two carparks presently named "Nex HDB Open carpark" and "Nex HDB ms carpark" because these two are HDB carparks, and they have been there at least 10 years before NEX was completed, and more importantly they are not related in any way to Nex Shopping Mall.

What prompted me to make this contribution was that when I did a trial search on my GPS, too many NEX XXXXXXX came out and it was confusing. If I had chosen "Nex HDB Open carpark" and "Nex HDB ms carpark", it would not bring me to Nex Shopping Mall because after parking the car as per gps direction, i will be wandering around looking for Nex Shopping Mall thus it is misleading.

epi wrote:Please do not suggest to delete somethings which are meaningful and benefit to the users in this case.
Please suggest to delete somethings extra nothing but extra obviously.
Thanks.

I was trying to be accurate in the information, and I'll leave it to the mappers to decide. On the hindsight, maybe I should not have suggested to delete but to rename them to HDB open carpark, and Blk 264 MSCP respectively.
Contribute exclusively to MFM. MSM don't get it !

epi
Valued Contributor

Postby epi » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:55 pm

yoladu wrote:
epi wrote:The Nex print has just been put up in this week release. It was contributed by one of our brother here.

Yes, that's from me
epi wrote:I have just followed up by putting the Nex car park in place.
The Nex car park is extremely congestive during this period of time. As suggested by our brother, local news paper etc..

Also from me

epi wrote:The 2 Nex XXXX car park were purposely named after Nex. It is meant to be user friendly by instant searching alternative available inclusive of Nex instead of looking to the actual Blk xxxx.

My suggestion to delete these two carparks presently named "Nex HDB Open carpark" and "Nex HDB ms carpark" because these two are HDB carparks, and they have been there at least 10 years before NEX was completed, and more importantly they are not related in any way to Nex Shopping Mall.

What prompted me to make this contribution was that when I did a trial search on my GPS, too many NEX XXXXXXX came out and it was confusing. If I had chosen "Nex HDB Open carpark" and "Nex HDB ms carpark", it would not bring me to Nex Shopping Mall because after parking the car as per gps direction, i will be wandering around looking for Nex Shopping Mall thus it is misleading.

epi wrote:Please do not suggest to delete somethings which are meaningful and benefit to the users in this case.
Please suggest to delete somethings extra nothing but extra obviously.
Thanks.

I was trying to be accurate in the information, and I'll leave it to the mappers to decide. On the hindsight, maybe I should not have suggested to delete but to rename them to HDB open carpark, and Blk 264 MSCP respectively.

Oh. It was from you.
Please let the mapper to decide to delete or not.
"I have just followed up by putting the Nex car park in place." simply means I have had put up the car park icon after the Nex map drawn in trying to be more accurate in map w/o car park location.
The 2 HDB car park are relevant to Nex. It does help to relief the traffic congestion to the Nex car park which help a lot to the user to look for the alternative car park around instantly.
According to news paper the Nex even plan to expand its present car park volume by extending the route connection to the neighbour HDB car park ie. Blk 264 MSCP to solve the car park problem in near future.
Indeed there are too many extra pois in map needed to be deleted but in fact the 2 extra pois deemed not the cause of information overloaded to the users concerned. Further more it can be recognized easily due to the huge size of the Nex mall by your route to the above 2 car park without any problems deemed to be....and again the Nex mall building is just sited to be the neighbour next to these 2 car park by a walking distance.
It simply provided users the choices and conveniently the alternative car park around instantly... It is useful information to the 1st time visitors even repeated visitors for those who stayed far away..
I am simply based on the users point of view in need for searching such the alternative Nex car park available through our map. That is all about.
Again please let the mapper to decide.
Thanks

epi
Valued Contributor

Postby epi » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:16 pm

V.101213,
Partial 2-line road of "Sin Ming Drive".
Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

epi
Valued Contributor

Postby epi » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:18 pm

V.101213,
Sin Ming Road and partial Sin Ming Drive are 2-line roads.
Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

epi
Valued Contributor

Postby epi » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:57 pm

V.101213,
Geylang East Central Rd is a 2-line road.
Thanks.

epi
Valued Contributor

Postby epi » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:33 pm

V.101220,
Central Green Condominium.
Thanks.

epi
Valued Contributor

Postby epi » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:50 pm

V.101220,
A short distance of a 2-line road of "Red Hill Close".
Thanks.

epi
Valued Contributor

Postby epi » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:56 pm

V.101220,
A 2-line road of "Tanjong Paga Rd". Plaease check through the whole road.
Thanks.

epi
Valued Contributor

Postby epi » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:27 am

V.101220,
A short distance of 2-line traffic road of "Tanglin Rd".
Thanks.

ace
Valued Contributor

Postby ace » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:11 am

V.101220

Road directional error for Henry Park Apartment.

Single direction only.

Return to “SG Archives”