Singapore - Feedback (Nov & Dec 2008)

Moderators: Chuah, Moderators, Regional Mappers

floppy
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:31 am

Re: Singapore - Feedback (Nov & Dec 2008)

Postby floppy » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:15 am

hi all, i would like to help also.
where can i get the mfm sg map you guys using?

User avatar
EastMushu
Valued Contributor
Posts: 200
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:17 pm
Location: Bukit Batok (Nuvi 3790v)

Re: Singapore - Feedback (Nov & Dec 2008)

Postby EastMushu » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:00 pm

floppy wrote:hi all, i would like to help also.
where can i get the mfm sg map you guys using?


Bro floppy, last map that has SG is 1.22 but that's removed due to possible copyright related matters... Go http://www.malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=468&start=550...

Download and have fun... ;)

floppy
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:31 am

Re: Singapore - Feedback (Nov & Dec 2008)

Postby floppy » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:53 am

EastMushu wrote:
floppy wrote:hi all, i would like to help also.
where can i get the mfm sg map you guys using?


Bro floppy, last map that has SG is 1.22 but that's removed due to possible copyright related matters... Go http://www.malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=468&start=550...

Download and have fun... ;)


thanks!
filefactory is terrible though, gotta wait for a free slot.

anyway, got it :peace:

User avatar
edgarchen
Valued Contributor
Posts: 215
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:23 pm
Location: Singapore

Re: Singapore - Feedback (Nov & Dec 2008)

Postby edgarchen » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:43 pm

Here is a routing error for v1.35.

Yuk Tong Avenue is one-way route along this stretch of road.
One cannot turn in from Chun Tin Rd, a no-entry sign is placed..
Notice that when I patronise Old Town Cafe.

Thanks! - OngCC
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Everyone contribute a bit, eventually we can enjoy and benefit more in our navigation. :thumbsup:

mfm88
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:57 pm

Re: Singapore - Feedback (Nov & Dec 2008)

Postby mfm88 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:17 pm

Was expecting a clean-up basic Sgp map, so was quite surprised to see the KPE is included . Well done Bro OngCC and the rest.

Just want to highlight the Bedok North Ave 3 exits/entrances to PIE are not in the map, also the Tanjong Rhu to Stadium link is not there.
Sorry as I do not have a good tracking device and this is not a demand, pls dont flame me !

Happy Lunar Ox Year to everyone
心远地自偏,心静自然凉

nicholas88
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:50 pm

Re: Singapore - Feedback (Nov & Dec 2008)

Postby nicholas88 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:29 pm

Can anyone teach me how do I use the *.GDB file to convert it into my GMXT POI?

User avatar
EastMushu
Valued Contributor
Posts: 200
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:17 pm
Location: Bukit Batok (Nuvi 3790v)

Re: Singapore - Feedback (Nov & Dec 2008)

Postby EastMushu » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:37 pm

nicholas88 wrote:Can anyone teach me how do I use the *.GDB file to convert it into my GMXT POI?


Two ways of doing things here.

1st: Plugin your GPS device to your PC and start up Mapsource. Then load your GDB file and transfer the wanted POIs to your GMXT using Transfer>Send To Device

2nd: you can convert the GDB file directly to GPI file which is the POI file format for GMXT, using GPSBabel. Quite straight forward but lose the ability to choose POI that 1st method gives.

nicholas88
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:50 pm

Re: Singapore - Feedback (Nov & Dec 2008)

Postby nicholas88 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:13 pm

EastMushu wrote:
nicholas88 wrote:Can anyone teach me how do I use the *.GDB file to convert it into my GMXT POI?


Two ways of doing things here.

1st: Plugin your GPS device to your PC and start up Mapsource. Then load your GDB file and transfer the wanted POIs to your GMXT using Transfer>Send To Device

2nd: you can convert the GDB file directly to GPI file which is the POI file format for GMXT, using GPSBabel. Quite straight forward but lose the ability to choose POI that 1st method gives.


May I know where can I get GPSBabel from?

I downloaded a GPSBabel from http://www.gpsbabel.org/downloaded.html
But run the program that dun seem to able to convert it from GDB to GPI. May I know how the software works?

User avatar
EastMushu
Valued Contributor
Posts: 200
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:17 pm
Location: Bukit Batok (Nuvi 3790v)

Re: Singapore - Feedback (Nov & Dec 2008)

Postby EastMushu » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:10 pm

nicholas88 wrote:
May I know where can I get GPSBabel from?

I downloaded a GPSBabel from http://www.gpsbabel.org/downloaded.html
But run the program that dun seem to able to convert it from GDB to GPI. May I know how the software works?


Yes, download GPSBabel from that site...

Make sure you run GPSBabelGUI and set your settings following the attached picture.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nicholas88
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:50 pm

Re: Singapore - Feedback (Nov & Dec 2008)

Postby nicholas88 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:04 am

EastMushu wrote:
nicholas88 wrote:
May I know where can I get GPSBabel from?

I downloaded a GPSBabel from http://www.gpsbabel.org/downloaded.html
But run the program that dun seem to able to convert it from GDB to GPI. May I know how the software works?


Yes, download GPSBabel from that site...

Make sure you run GPSBabelGUI and set your settings following the attached picture.


Thanks for your pic. I run the wrong file that why it look different.
Another problem now is after I convert the file to GPI. I copied it to my gamin poi folder but it does not show in my map. Even I did a search for my the location also unable to locate. may I know what had gone wrong? :-?


Return to “SG Archives”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests