21km/h speed alert at Adam Hospital

Moderators: Chuah, Moderators, Regional Mappers

oreo

21km/h speed alert at Adam Hospital

Postby oreo » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:52 pm

Hi

I have this alert on my Nuvi 200. I disabled (remove) all POIs and its still there - like its in the map somehow. Don't know how to get rid of this.

sakura
Contributor

Re: 21km/h speed alert at Adam Hospital

Postby sakura » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:01 pm

Where this Adam Hospital bro? :-?
Current Project Area: Offline
...she stood there in the shadows and waited for me...

oreo

Postby oreo » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:13 pm

sakura wrote:Where this Adam Hospital bro? :-?

Alamak sorry - Adam Road Hospital - specifically junction of Bt Timah and Farrer. I should have said Adam Road Hawker Center - everybody knows that!

oreo

Postby oreo » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:27 pm

Ok I dug further in the Nuvi and found that under CPOI (Extras) I have two sets of folders called CURRENT and POSITION (x2). I check the CURRENT and its my Favorites. But under POSITION it has the Adam Road POI. I don't know how this came about as I do not do my own custom POIs.

I go into the GPX folder in the Nuvi and I see the CURRENT and POSITION folder but only x1 and not x2 as displayed under the CPOIs. I delete the POSITION folder but upon restart it appears on Adam Rd again. Go back in and the POSITION folder reappears.

Can someone explain what's going on??

sakura
Contributor

Postby sakura » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:16 pm

oreo wrote:Ok I dug further in the Nuvi and found that under CPOI (Extras) I have two sets of folders called CURRENT and POSITION (x2). I check the CURRENT and its my Favorites. But under POSITION it has the Adam Road POI. I don't know how this came about as I do not do my own custom POIs.

I go into the GPX folder in the Nuvi and I see the CURRENT and POSITION folder but only x1 and not x2 as displayed under the CPOIs. I delete the POSITION folder but upon restart it appears on Adam Rd again. Go back in and the POSITION folder reappears.

Can someone explain what's going on??

About CURRENT and POSITION, dvpro said:

dvpro wrote: ...Position.gpx is the location automatically saved where you had taken Nuvi off the mount (only for Nuvis that support Garmin Locate, for other Nuvis that do not support this feature, Position.gpx is the last location saved when it went into USB drive mode).

About speed alert, if you have no cPOI installed, I think only POI creator (POI embed in *.img) can look for this case, if they willing to.

:-#
Current Project Area: Offline
...she stood there in the shadows and waited for me...

oreo

Postby oreo » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:09 pm

If I'm the only one with this problem somehow the problem is in my unit rather then the map right? Very strange leh....

OngCC
Senior Mapper

Postby OngCC » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:31 pm

Please provide the coordinates, direction of travel...
Upload your contribution to MFM drop box if you don't want others to take your contributed tracklogs or POIs.
http://www.malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11630

oreo

Postby oreo » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:47 pm

Hi OngCC

Thanks for your help. I manage to resolve this last night
1) My CPOIs were not compeltely deleted from my Nuvi after clearing the POI folder
2) I had to use POI Loader and clear all GPIs from my laptop (including the Recycle Bin) to clear them completely (might be a bug)
3) I belive there was a corrupted CPOI in the old folder for Speed Traps.
4) So far doing a simulated run the 21km/h CPOI does not pop up anymore - and permanently I hope
5) Just in case you need to check it was on the Adam flyover in the direction of Macritchie just opposite the Adam Hawker Center

Return to “SG Archives”