Moderators: Chuah, Moderators, Regional Mappers

epi
Valued Contributor

Re: Singapore - Feedback (Q1 2010)

Postby epi » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:29 pm

V.100628a,
Bro Ong,
By checking at the "Changi Airport Terminal 2" found:
The car moving from the direction at pt C is not allowed to make a Right "U" turn through the u road pt AB to direction at pt D.
U road AB is being blocked permanently by the stone road divider.
Please verify and make amendment to remove the link line AB.
Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

epi
Valued Contributor

Postby epi » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:00 am

V.100705,
Bro Ong,
A minor missed to update.
Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nay Win
Contributor

Postby Nay Win » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:59 pm

Pasir Panjang distripark,
Pls find attached .gdb and .jpg file.Blue routes are correct and connected, red routes are incorrect and disconnected.

Done! 186 - OngCC

yoladu
Valued Contributor

Postby yoladu » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:10 am

MFM 100705

Part of Lor How Sun has been closed.

Lor How Sun from Upper Paya Lebar no longer exists. That road now only lead to the nursery.

Done! 186 - OngCC
Contribute exclusively to MFM. MSM don't get it !

kb27
Valued Contributor

Postby kb27 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:49 pm

Bro Ong, I used to go back from TPE via Seletar Club Rd to Yishun Ave 6.
Please see attached the route plotted on Mapsource.
At waypoint "I'm here" roughly, I get "Route Error" and the gps hanged.
It always happen.

So today I stopped one side and took down the gps coord. Retrieve the waypoint from gps into Mapsource. It is the waypoint "Err"

I'm not sure if the road has been diverted slightly and throw the routing off into thinking I'm at Regent St instead of West Camp Rd. I'm also not sure if Regent St is still there or West Camp Rd has shifted nearer to it.

I'm using 10 Jun 2010 map, so I think the error is still there.

ccplim
Valued Contributor

Postby ccplim » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:45 pm

kb27 wrote:Bro Ong, I used to go back from TPE via Seletar Club Rd to Yishun Ave 6.
It always happen.

So today I stopped one side and took down the gps coord. Retrieve the waypoint from gps into Mapsource. It is the waypoint "Err"

I'm not sure if the road has been diverted slightly and throw the routing off into thinking I'm at Regent St instead of West Camp Rd. I'm also not sure if Regent St is still there or West Camp Rd has shifted nearer to it.

Bro kb27,

The problem that you have encountered is due to a detour on that portion of West Camp Road. The strange thing is that I have routed through that portion of the road a few times before and I have never receive the "Route error" that you have mentioned.

Many of the roads around that area are either gone or no longer passable via West Camp Road. I will need to find some time to do a update on that.

I have done some tracking on the detour previously and I will post it up in the tracklog thread shortly. :)

kb27
Valued Contributor

Postby kb27 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:02 pm

ccplim wrote:
kb27 wrote:Bro Ong, I used to go back from TPE via Seletar Club Rd to Yishun Ave 6.
It always happen.

Bro kb27,

The problem that you have encountered is due to a detour on that portion of West Camp Road. The strange thing is that I have routed through that portion of the road a few times before and I have never receive the "Route error" that you have mentioned.

Many of the roads around that area are either gone or no longer passable via West Camp Road. I will need to find some time to do a update on that.

I have done some tracking on the detour previously and I will post it up in the tracklog thread shortly. :)

Thanks. I know there's some shifting of the road, but I don't know how intensive it was or the map was updated with the new track.

I think it probably just need some realignment.

yoladu
Valued Contributor

Postby yoladu » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:43 pm

mfm 100712a

This road is no longer Lor How Sun. There is no name, it serves as an access to the nursery.

Done! 187 - OngCC
Contribute exclusively to MFM. MSM don't get it !

toda_k20

Postby toda_k20 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:31 pm

MFM 100712a

Junction of Commonwealth Ave West and Clementi Ave2 - U turn should be allowed.

Tested in Mapsource 6.16.2 can u-turn... - OngCC

epi
Valued Contributor

Postby epi » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:58 pm

Bro Ong,
V.100721,
Checked "Yishun Central 1" is belong to a 2-line road with middle stone divider.
I will check the detail surrounding roads to confirm at later date.
Thanks.

Return to “SG Archives”