Singapore - Feedback (Q1 2010)

Moderators: Chuah, Moderators, Regional Mappers

ccplim
Valued Contributor

Re: Singapore - Feedback (Q1 2010)

Postby ccplim » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:00 pm

MFM 100719

The highlighted portion of the road should be known as Marina View Link and not Marina View.

Also included in the gdb file is the position of the carpark enterance for One Raffles Quay.

Done! 188 - OngCC
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kb27
Valued Contributor

Postby kb27 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:35 pm

kb27 wrote:
ccplim wrote:
kb27 wrote:Bro Ong, I used to go back from TPE via Seletar Club Rd to Yishun Ave 6.
Please see attached the route plotted on Mapsource.
At waypoint "I'm here" roughly, I get "Route Error" and the gps hanged.
It always happen.

So today I stopped one side and took down the gps coord. Retrieve the waypoint from gps into Mapsource. It is the waypoint "Err"

I'm not sure if the road has been diverted slightly and throw the routing off into thinking I'm at Regent St instead of West Camp Rd. I'm also not sure if Regent St is still there or West Camp Rd has shifted nearer to it.

I'm using 10 Jun 2010 map, so I think the error is still there.

Bro kb27,

The problem that you have encountered is due to a detour on that portion of West Camp Road. The strange thing is that I have routed through that portion of the road a few times before and I have never receive the "Route error" that you have mentioned.

Many of the roads around that area are either gone or no longer passable via West Camp Road. I will need to find some time to do a update on that.

I have done some tracking on the detour previously and I will post it up in the tracklog thread shortly. :)

Thanks. I know there's some shifting of the road, but I don't know how intensive it was or the map was updated with the new track.

I think it probably just need some realignment.

I tried with the new map 100719 today.
Unfortunately, they shift the road again.

Need some bro to do the new track. :)

At this coord, the road is closed:
N1 24.562 E103 51.686

Zigzag pink line is where the connecting road is closed.

There's a new road which will connect back to Seletar West Link roughly in pink.
Unfortunately, my Garmin can't do tracking.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DarkNite

Postby DarkNite » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:01 pm

:good: Many thanks to the mappers and contributors here, without which I would have gone to Hor Lan instead of cruising around Singapore roads.

Just one question, how come every mrt is label as just mrt instead of the name station?

cynide
Contributor

Postby cynide » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:21 pm

DarkNite wrote::good: Many thanks to the mappers and contributors here, without which I would have gone to Hor Lan instead of cruising around Singapore roads.

Just one question, how come every mrt is label as just mrt instead of the name station?

How about near the area you are, find under POI under Transit & search All Transit, it will appear the station name. :-'

edgarchen
Valued Contributor

Postby edgarchen » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:56 am

When routing to NACLI, the entrance is on South Buona Vista Road, but routing lead us to enter Vigilante Drive.

Try placing the POI nearer to South Buona Vista Road.

Done Chuah 280710
Everyone contribute a bit, eventually we can enjoy and benefit more in our navigation. :thumbsup:

255w
Contributor

Postby 255w » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:53 pm

Traffic along Woodlands Drive 75 (used to be 1-way) has been changed to Partial 2-way. The attached road with purple shade is the new Partial 2-way traffic.

SaenchaiKingstar

Postby SaenchaiKingstar » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:03 pm

When coming out of the Sembawang CC carpark, you can just turn right. Map directs you to turn left and go one big round and make a U-turn.

SaenchaiKingstar

Postby SaenchaiKingstar » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:09 pm

The current indicated Funan Digitalmall carpark is on North Bridge Rd, not sure if there's an entrance from there, but there's also an entrance from the back, as indicated in the gdb file.

SaenchaiKingstar

Postby SaenchaiKingstar » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:17 pm

There is a road here leading from the carpark from Seah Construction Building to Lim Ah Pin Road.

SaenchaiKingstar

Postby SaenchaiKingstar » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:20 pm

The carpark to Orchard Central is currently not indicated on the map. The location is on Somerset Rd.

Done Chuah 280710

Return to “SG Archives”