Having said that, the most important settings in GMXT for track logging are the frequency of the points recording, and disabling Lock-on-Road. The settings can be found at:
1. Tools > Manage My Data > Tracks > Options:
- Recording Mode > Stop When Full.
- Recording Interval > Most Often.
- Show Active Track on Map > Enabled.
2. Tools > Settings > Map > Show Location > At GPS Location.
After you have finished tracking, the the track log can be retrieved using Mapsource while having the WM device synchronized with your PC.