How to contribute POIs & Tracks using Garmin Mapsource

Guides, FAQs, How-to, etc

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
map1629

Re: How to contribute POIs & Track by using Garmin Mapsource

Postby map1629 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:32 pm

Hi,

I have logged the first track Jalan Dua, 2 more to go before I started to post in the feedback post. But can someone advice me how to paste a jpg file on my post to explain further e.g. no right turn, one way, u-turn etc... this part of the right is quite complicated after LTA completed the underground circle line.

Please help.

alyem
Regional Mapper

Postby alyem » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:48 pm

map1629 wrote:Hi,

I have logged the first track Jalan Dua, 2 more to go before I started to post in the feedback post. But can someone advice me how to paste a jpg file on my post to explain further e.g. no right turn, one way, u-turn etc... this part of the right is quite complicated after LTA completed the underground circle line.

Please help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
73, 9w2yyl
You need the MAP, We need your TRACK

badrol
Polygon Mapper

Postby badrol » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:38 am

map1629 wrote:Hi,
Please help.

Open your track using mapsource.Then "printscreen" mapsource. Paste into microsoft paint and edit. Save as jpeg. then upload the jpeg file.
ImageImageImage

ck9393

Postby ck9393 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:13 pm

How i can use mapsource draw new house area road, or any new road with correct lenght and distand? :nutz:

dvpro

Postby dvpro » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:47 pm

ck9393 wrote:How i can use mapsource draw new house area road, or any new road with correct lenght and distand? :nutz:

If you are trying to contribute an untracked road, kindly read up on these topics:

How do you record a new road in uncover area / taman
Create tracks or paths by using Google Earth

Some of the discussions in this topic relates to your question, pls start reading from the 1st page.
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

ysloy

Postby ysloy » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:19 pm

Dear all,
I would like to contribute to the POI too.. But I am currently using a Macbook and there's no mapsource for Mac that I cound find. Please advice.
Thanks.
Loy

fancheng
Senior Mapper

Postby fancheng » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:56 pm

ysloy wrote:Dear all,
I would like to contribute to the POI too.. But I am currently using a Macbook and there's no mapsource for Mac that I cound find. Please advice.
Thanks.
Loy

Maybe you can try this RoadTrip for Mac software version 2.0.2
Notes:
  • RoadTrip allows you to transfer waypoints, tracks, and routes between your Mac and Garmin device and manage your data using your Garmin maps.
  • RoadTrip provides the ability to search for points of interest from the convenience of your Mac and then send the locations to your Garmin GPS.
  • The included utility MapManager copies maps and unlock codes into the right place to be accessible by RoadTrip and MapInstall. To migrate the maps from your Windows PC, download MapConverter onto your PC and follow the instructions.
  • Download and install MapConverter for Windows to convert your unlocked PC maps for use on your Mac.
  • System Requirements:
    Intel-based or PowerPC G4 or later Mac
    OS 10.4.11 or later
    512 MB RAM
    USB port

Recommended:
    Intel-based Mac
    OS 10.5 or later
    1 GB RAM
    USB port

dayojah
Contributor

Postby dayojah » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:51 pm

Some older versions of Mapsource run on Linux via wine, so this may work on Macs too.
The current version causes a fatal exception error

dvpro

Postby dvpro » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:02 am

Yes, Bro Fancheng is correct. Roadtrip for Mac is almost the equivalent of Mapsource for PC. Read here for discussions on using the software (including installing MFM as a map product): Garmin Roadtrip (for Mac OS X)
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

ysloy

Postby ysloy » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:32 pm

Bump... ](*,) Hit another bumper.. :ko: I am currently running on solely Mac Platform only.. Need to find a PC to install MapConverter.. Any where can I download the .tgz format of MFM? :frus: Sorry..

Return to “Library”