How to use Garmin Mapsource

Guides, FAQs, How-to, etc

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
emptyname2

Re: How to use Garmin Mapsource

Postby emptyname2 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:16 pm

that is not custom POI,
after couples of times i open my eye big enough to see both my GPS & mapsource, i suspect that is my 'saved' location, i think that is the only reason why i can see in my device but not in mapsource. :oops:

wksoo2

Postby wksoo2 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:26 am

Me too. last time i using v1.59 using mapsource to view is ok But now update v1.64 it show me an error and close the app. only can enlarge 4X it close.... :ko: :ko: anyone who know the problem [-o<

dvpro

Postby dvpro » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:04 am

wksoo2 wrote:Me too. last time i using v1.59 using mapsource to view is ok But now update v1.64 it show me an error and close the app. only can enlarge 4X it close.... :ko: :ko: anyone who know the problem [-o<

Try redownloading the installer, uninstall MFM using C:\Garmin\Malfreemaps\unins000.exe, and then only reinstall.
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

wksoo2

Postby wksoo2 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:54 am

dvpro wrote:
wksoo2 wrote:Me too. last time i using v1.59 using mapsource to view is ok But now update v1.64 it show me an error and close the app. only can enlarge 4X it close.... :ko: :ko: anyone who know the problem [-o<

Try redownloading the installer, uninstall MFM using C:\Garmin\Malfreemaps\unins000.exe, and then only reinstall.

i already try to uninstall and install back still the same, it that any change at v1.59 to v1.64?? i install back the v1.59 is ok :-? or i should upgrade mapsource to v6.15? thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by wksoo2 on Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

dvpro

Postby dvpro » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:03 am

wksoo2 wrote:i already try to uninstall and install back still the same, it that any change at v1.59 to v1.64?? i install back the v1.59 is ok :-? or i should upgrade mapsource to v6.15? thanks.

How about MFM v1.65, try that first: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=893

wksoo2

Postby wksoo2 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:24 pm

dvpro wrote:
wksoo2 wrote:i already try to uninstall and install back still the same, it that any change at v1.59 to v1.64?? i install back the v1.59 is ok :-? or i should upgrade mapsource to v6.15? thanks.

How about MFM v1.65, try that first: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=893

Hi,Bro... Cannot also still the same as v1.64. When u zoom in 4x it show the message again,need to close the mapsource. :frus:

dvpro

Postby dvpro » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:35 pm

wksoo2 wrote:Hi,Bro... Cannot also still the same as v1.64. When u zoom in 4x it show the message again,need to close the mapsource. :frus:

Well, initially I had hoped that you don't have to uninstall Mapsource and the map products completely and reinstall them. However, since simple map product uninstallation does not cure the problem, I think you need to start from fresh.

First uninstall all Mapsource map products, and then Mapsource and any other Garmin software. Then run Regedit, and delete the whole Garmin folder at My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Garmin (see pic below). Finally reinstall Mapsource and MFM.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

soonhooi

Postby soonhooi » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:33 pm

" There is a problem with the gmapsupp installation
Please re-install gmapsupp and start MapSource again"

I have try to restart, uninstall and reinstall for several time. Anyone can help to share what is happening ? Thank you.

alyem
Regional Mapper

Postby alyem » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:38 pm

soonhooi wrote:" There is a problem with the gmapsupp installation
Please re-install gmapsupp and start MapSource again"

I have try to restart, uninstall and reinstall for several time. Anyone can help to share what is happening ? Thank you.

Follow this instruction again...
dvpro wrote:You need to start from fresh.

First uninstall all Mapsource map products, and then Mapsource and any other Garmin software. Then run Regedit, and delete the whole Garmin folder at My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Garmin (see pic below). Finally reinstall Mapsource and MFM.
73, 9w2yyl
You need the MAP, We need your TRACK

Peisqo

Postby Peisqo » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:34 am

Hi guys ... i'd like to ask how to import all my favorite from my nuvi 255w to mapsource? I tried clicking "receive from device" and receive "waypoints" (i assume that is favourite?) and it come out error as "There was a problem communicating with the Garmin device"

But it works when i "Send to device" the map to my nuvi

Return to “Library”