william427kh wrote:sobamy wrote:Gamma2K wrote:u mean create folder name to Garmin and then take 1 file rename to mapsource.exe ? i already did that but still it didnt work. Please help !
Bro, just follow Bro Moeyhc' s step-by-step instruction as below:moeyhc wrote:[snip]
- Make a folder in C Drive called Garmin (C:\Garmin)
- Copy a file (any file will do, size doesn't matter too) into this C:\Garmin folder
- rename the copied file to Mapsource.exe
- Run the Garmin installer
- Follow the onscreen instructions to install Mapsource
- Install a MfM map (note: Mapsource will not start unless there is at least one map installed)
Actually i also having the same problem with Gamma2K and i also follow the Bro Moeyhc' step by create the file in C drive, and the result still the same. Any 1 can help?
Most PCs are not configured to change the filename extension.... what you have change may just be the filename... look again at the file in Explorer and under Type it must be listed as Application. To get access to the file extension name you must do the following (win7):-
- Goto Computer > Organize > Folder and search options and click on View tab
- In Advance Settings uncheck the Hide extensions for known file types and click OK
- Goto Explorer and change the Ext (the 3 characters after the dot). When you hit enter the PC will prompt of problem with changing file extension name, just allow it.
Hope this helps... cheers!