MFM-Garmin Map (cGPSmapper) Installation Step-by-Step Guide

Guides, FAQs, How-to, etc

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
User avatar
silverbeauty
Moderator
Posts: 3521
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: MFM-Garmin Map (cGPSmapper) Installation Step-by-Step Gu

Postby silverbeauty » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:55 pm

bockkim wrote:
silverbeauty wrote:
bockkim wrote:I am using Nuvi 3790 SG/MY. Thank you


Like you I also have a localized 3790.

Like I said earlier, you have to tick the box to remove polygons.
Check all other boxes

And make sure you only enable one map.


Success!! :) :) :tq: :thumbsup:
Thank you Silverbeauty for the help and patient



Glad to help.

Looks like your home is across the road from my office :mrgreen:

cheewooi
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:40 am
Location: Cheras
Contact:

Re: MFM-Garmin Map (cGPSmapper) Installation Step-by-Step Gu

Postby cheewooi » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:08 am

DO you have version for Mac OSX?
Currently using: Garmin eTrex 30, Garmin GPSmap 62sc

clarence80
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:28 am

Re: MFM-Garmin Map (cGPSmapper) Installation Step-by-Step Gu

Postby clarence80 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:15 pm

silverbeauty wrote:
clarence80 wrote:hi guys, first of all, great thanks for implementing these maps for road users!

i have been using this forum mainly to learn how to properly use my newly bought garmin

have some difficulty using the uploaded map so would appreciate any help (pardon me for being a noob with jargons, its my first GPS)

following are my equipment specs

1. Garmin Nuvi 50LM (Local SG Set)
2. Loaded (MFM-Garmin-131007.exe)
3. Maps enabled (MFM-Garmin 131007, Mfm Poi 131007)
4. Default Maps NOT enabled (CN SGMY NT 2012.40 Malsing, CN SGMY NT 2013.10 Navteq)
5. Reset-ed back to Factory default before loading the new map into the garmin\map folder


Problems:

a. Referring to the screenshots of garmin on the installation guide posts, the interface is quite different, mine is still the stock(Not sure if i did load the map properly)
b. Searching for Postal Codes became very slow, i have followed the new Method on the installation post, search results does come up, but only after 1 min later. (searches based on Road names were instant though)

these are my key problems so far, appreciate if you could let me know if my device is not compatible, or did i simply load in the map of the wrong category? thanks for helping!




Map looks different vs Garmin stock is because map you downloaded is compiled using third party compiler vs Garmin compiler.


Did you get satellite lock before performing postal code search ? Should be much faster.



sorry for the late reply, i have tried waiting for satellite lock and gps mode off but postal code finding still takes very long.

i have also tried running with polygons off without resolution.

im testing it out on the latest version now

appreciate your advises!

mhakim92
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:03 pm

Re: MFM-Garmin Map (cGPSmapper) Installation Step-by-Step Gu

Postby mhakim92 » Sun May 11, 2014 11:55 am

Hi,

I have a Garmin Nuvi 40LM US version, and trying to load a Malaysia map into it. I have follow every steps that is provided in this thread, however it stills not work. The Malaysia map is not appear in my Garmin, and the it does not come up in the maps section int he unit. So what should I do? Thank you

User avatar
silverbeauty
Moderator
Posts: 3521
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: MFM-Garmin Map (cGPSmapper) Installation Step-by-Step Gu

Postby silverbeauty » Mon May 12, 2014 10:28 am

mhakim92 wrote:Hi,

I have a Garmin Nuvi 40LM US version, and trying to load a Malaysia map into it. I have follow every steps that is provided in this thread, however it stills not work. The Malaysia map is not appear in my Garmin, and the it does not come up in the maps section int he unit. So what should I do? Thank you



Lets get a few basic facts first :-'

What is map file name ?

Where did you put the map ?
In SD card /garmin ( recommended ) or in Main Memory /system ??

Did you enable only ONE map ?
Verify in Tools / Settings / myMaps

mhakim92
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:03 pm

Re: MFM-Garmin Map (cGPSmapper) Installation Step-by-Step Gu

Postby mhakim92 » Mon May 12, 2014 10:53 am

silverbeauty wrote:
mhakim92 wrote:Hi,

I have a Garmin Nuvi 40LM US version, and trying to load a Malaysia map into it. I have follow every steps that is provided in this thread, however it stills not work. The Malaysia map is not appear in my Garmin, and the it does not come up in the maps section int he unit. So what should I do? Thank you



Lets get a few basic facts first :-'

What is map file name ?

Where did you put the map ?
In SD card /garmin ( recommended ) or in Main Memory /system ??

Did you enable only ONE map ?
Verify in Tools / Settings / myMaps


So I follow exactly what the step by step is, and I got a gmapsupp.img file. Since my Garmin's unit has 4mb space left, I put it in the sd card. And I just copy paste the file from the desktop, without creating any folder in the sd card. So did what I did is correct?

User avatar
silverbeauty
Moderator
Posts: 3521
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: MFM-Garmin Map (cGPSmapper) Installation Step-by-Step Gu

Postby silverbeauty » Mon May 12, 2014 12:12 pm

mhakim92 wrote:
So I follow exactly what the step by step is, and I got a gmapsupp.img file. Since my Garmin's unit has 4mb space left, I put it in the sd card. And I just copy paste the file from the desktop, without creating any folder in the sd card. So did what I did is correct?


Your error was not to create a folder /garmin in your SD card and put the map file gmapsupp.img there

mhakim92
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:03 pm

Re: MFM-Garmin Map (cGPSmapper) Installation Step-by-Step Gu

Postby mhakim92 » Mon May 12, 2014 12:16 pm

silverbeauty wrote:
mhakim92 wrote:
So I follow exactly what the step by step is, and I got a gmapsupp.img file. Since my Garmin's unit has 4mb space left, I put it in the sd card. And I just copy paste the file from the desktop, without creating any folder in the sd card. So did what I did is correct?


Your error was not to create a folder /garmin in your SD card and put the map file gmapsupp.img there


so is there any specific name do i have to put in the sd card in order for the Garmin to read it?

User avatar
silverbeauty
Moderator
Posts: 3521
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: MFM-Garmin Map (cGPSmapper) Installation Step-by-Step Gu

Postby silverbeauty » Wed May 14, 2014 1:35 pm

mhakim92 wrote:
silverbeauty wrote:
mhakim92 wrote:
So I follow exactly what the step by step is, and I got a gmapsupp.img file. Since my Garmin's unit has 4mb space left, I put it in the sd card. And I just copy paste the file from the desktop, without creating any folder in the sd card. So did what I did is correct?


Your error was not to create a folder /garmin in your SD card and put the map file gmapsupp.img there


so is there any specific name do i have to put in the sd card in order for the Garmin to read it?



For map in /garmin folder, map file name must be gmapsupp.img

User avatar
eddy_duyung
Contributor
Posts: 369
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:57 am
Location: Tinggi Island,Johore. Garmin Mobile XT,nüvi 50LM,nüvi 880,nüvi 255W,nüvi 2465

Re: MFM-Garmin Map (cGPSmapper) Installation Step-by-Step Gu

Postby eddy_duyung » Wed May 14, 2014 11:42 pm

Dear M.Hakim,
How was the progress of your problem??
Nokia 5800XM , Garmin nüvi 50LM,Garmin nüvi 880,Garmin nüvi 255W,Garmin nüvi 2465


Return to “Library”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest