MFM-Garmin Map (cGPSmapper) Installation Step-by-Step Guide

Guides, FAQs, How-to, etc

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: MFM-Garmin Map Installation Step by Step Guide

Postby silverbeauty » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:14 am

kcsoo wrote:hi all senior,

I am having issue with my 1350.

I found that my old 205W has more and more POI compare to my new 1350 model.

I have included the latest 111107 map but still the same result.

I also found the directories/folders organization in 205W is diff than 1350.

Where can i get those POIs and where/how should i include in my 1350?

Example: i can see the Maybank logo in my 205W but i cant see it in my 1350 even i can see the Maybank name pop up when i manually point at that location. Why ya?

From soo

Bro soo, Garmin firmware version on newer four digit models restricts display of POI...... :-' Older models do not have such restriction ...

azlan96

Postby azlan96 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:36 pm

silverbeauty wrote:
kcsoo wrote:hi all senior,

I am having issue with my 1350.

I found that my old 205W has more and more POI compare to my new 1350 model.

I have included the latest 111107 map but still the same result.

I also found the directories/folders organization in 205W is diff than 1350.

Where can i get those POIs and where/how should i include in my 1350?

Example: i can see the Maybank logo in my 205W but i cant see it in my 1350 even i can see the Maybank name pop up when i manually point at that location. Why ya?

From soo

Bro soo, Garmin firmware version on newer four digit models restricts display of POI...... :-' Older models do not have such restriction ...

I am getting the 1350 too, today..

Should I update to V2.90 here http://www.garmin.com.sg/products/onthe ... #updateTab

and what options do I need to check or uncheck while generating the map?

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:11 pm

azlan96 wrote:I am getting the 1350 too, today..

Should I update to V2.90 here http://www.garmin.com.sg/products/onthe ... #updateTab

and what options do I need to check or uncheck while generating the map?

For the gain in features, you should upgrade :thumbsup:
Change History

Fixed route preference (Off Road) issue when ERP cost saving is enabled.
Supported alphabet keyboard for postal code with alphabets.
Removed duplicated POI when the distance is the same.
Corrected Text-to-speech pronunciation.
Made the default setting of ERP cost saving to enabled when system locale is set to Singapore and to disabled when locales are set to other regions.
UNQUOTE

Check all except first one ( remove polygons )

benchua2000

Postby benchua2000 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:46 pm

Hi,

I've just installed the MFM onto my 255W. no error found during installation but the lane assist and JCV features are no longer working. Am I missing any steps?

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

silverbeauty

Postby silverbeauty » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:34 pm

benchua2000 wrote:Hi,

I've just installed the MFM onto my 255W. no error found during installation but the lane assist and JCV features are no longer working. Am I missing any steps?

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

MFM Map for Garmin platform never have LaneAssist / JunctionView feature. You must have overi-rode some other maps.

yeakyau

Postby yeakyau » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:33 pm

May I Know how to make MFM custom poi to work with MSM map together. due to uncheck MFM map only check MFM customer poi + MSM it automaticaly check MFM MAP as well.

yaoying

Postby yaoying » Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:20 am

Hi I'm a newbie here. Just bought a Nuvi 2465.The GPS is preloaded with the following maps:
MFM-Garmin 111024
Mfm Poi 111024
Mfm Poi 111024
Malsingmaps Malasia/Singapore/Brunei NT 2011.30
City Navigator Singapore/Malaysia NT 2011.40

I have followed the instruction on this site to installed the new MFM map (111219) via MFM installer and the gmapsupp.img is successfully generated. I then renamed this file to gmapsuppMFM.img and manually copied it to the SD card(16GB MicroSDHC) /map folder. After i boot up the GPS, this new map is not available for selection , any idea ?

Thanks in advance.

silverbeauty

Postby silverbeauty » Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:15 am

yaoying wrote:Hi I'm a newbie here. Just bought a Nuvi 2465.The GPS is preloaded with the following maps:
MFM-Garmin 111024
Mfm Poi 111024
Mfm Poi 111024

I have followed the instruction on this site to installed the new MFM map (111219) via MFM installer and the gmapsupp.img is successfully generated. I then renamed this file to gmapsuppMFM.img and manually copied it to the SD card(16GB MicroSDHC) /map folder. After i boot up the GPS, this new map is not available for selection , any idea ?

Thanks in advance.

Two maps of same source cannot co-exist. You will have to delete/remove the older version else newer version might not show up as what you experience currently.

yaoying

Postby yaoying » Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:02 am

silverbeauty wrote:
yaoying wrote:Hi I'm a newbie here. Just bought a Nuvi 2465.The GPS is preloaded with the following maps:
MFM-Garmin 111024
Mfm Poi 111024
Mfm Poi 111024

Thanks in advance.

Two maps of same source cannot co-exist. You will have to delete/remove the older version else newer version might not show up as what you experience currently.

Thanks for your prompt response. So can i delete the img file from GPS main memory and have only the img file in the SD card ? I just want to be sure that Garmin will still boot without the map file in the memory.

Thanks again.

silverbeauty

Postby silverbeauty » Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:04 pm

yaoying wrote:
silverbeauty wrote:
MFM-Garmin 111024
Mfm Poi 111024
Mfm Poi 111024

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for your prompt response. So can i delete the img file from GPS main memory and have only the img file in the SD card ? I just want to be sure that Garmin will still boot without the map file in the memory.

Thanks again.

Backup EVERYTHING in main memory inclusive of hidden directory contents

Then delete the "correct" map file ( depending on where you bought your Nuvi, there could be more than one preloaded map ). Preloaded Maps in main memory could be named gmapsupp.img, gmapprom.img, gmapprom1.img, gmapbmap.img, gmapoem.img.

Return to “Library”