MFM-Garmin Map (cGPSmapper) Installation Step-by-Step Guide

Guides, FAQs, How-to, etc

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
djkenishii
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:34 pm

Re: MFM-Garmin Map (cGPSmapper) Installation Step-by-Step Gu

Postby djkenishii » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:41 pm

ok, it worked after i installed the official map via garmin.com.sg... btw, does MFM comes with JCV ? it seems not showing the JV while im on MFM...anyone can clarify? :thumbsup:

User avatar
silverbeauty
Moderator
Posts: 3518
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: MFM-Garmin Map (cGPSmapper) Installation Step-by-Step Gu

Postby silverbeauty » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:13 pm

djkenishii wrote:ok, it worked after i installed the official map via garmin.com.sg... btw, does MFM comes with JCV ? it seems not showing the JV while im on MFM...anyone can clarify? :thumbsup:



Garmin - MfM map does come with JCV but works only on localized unit. Did you get unlock code before you download map at Garmin Sin website ?

djkenishii
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:34 pm

Re: MFM-Garmin Map (cGPSmapper) Installation Step-by-Step Gu

Postby djkenishii » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:18 pm

yes i did get the unlock code from garmin website.

User avatar
silverbeauty
Moderator
Posts: 3518
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: MFM-Garmin Map (cGPSmapper) Installation Step-by-Step Gu

Postby silverbeauty » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:22 am

Is your unit a localized bought unit ?

When you download the filee and unzip it, did you tranfder all the files in the Nuvi root directory. 2 files are most important are gmapprom.img and SgMyMfre.JCV. The former is the map data file while the later is the JCV data file. Both must replace the old file as they work as a match pair.

djkenishii
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:34 pm

Re: MFM-Garmin Map (cGPSmapper) Installation Step-by-Step Gu

Postby djkenishii » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:23 pm

silverbeauty wrote:Is your unit a localized bought unit ?

When you download the filee and unzip it, did you tranfder all the files in the Nuvi root directory. 2 files are most important are gmapprom.img and SgMyMfre.JCV. The former is the map data file while the later is the JCV data file. Both must replace the old file as they work as a match pair.


yes it is official aeco malaysia set. but when i install the map, it auto transfer the gmapsupp.img to my root/map and SgMyMfe.JCV to root/map/POI. are those the correct directory ?

User avatar
silverbeauty
Moderator
Posts: 3518
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: MFM-Garmin Map (cGPSmapper) Installation Step-by-Step Gu

Postby silverbeauty » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:15 am

djkenishii wrote:
silverbeauty wrote:Is your unit a localized bought unit ?

When you download the filee and unzip it, did you tranfder all the files in the Nuvi root directory. 2 files are most important are gmapprom.img and SgMyMfre.JCV. The former is the map data file while the later is the JCV data file. Both must replace the old file as they work as a match pair.


yes it is official aeco malaysia set. but when i install the map, it auto transfer the gmapsupp.img to my root/map and SgMyMfe.JCV to root/map/POI. are those the correct directory ?



Map file should be in root /system while JCV file should be in root/system/JCV

djkenishii
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:34 pm

Re: MFM-Garmin Map (cGPSmapper) Installation Step-by-Step Gu

Postby djkenishii » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:09 pm

silverbeauty wrote:
djkenishii wrote:
silverbeauty wrote:Is your unit a localized bought unit ?

When you download the filee and unzip it, did you tranfder all the files in the Nuvi root directory. 2 files are most important are gmapprom.img and SgMyMfre.JCV. The former is the map data file while the later is the JCV data file. Both must replace the old file as they work as a match pair.


yes it is official aeco malaysia set. but when i install the map, it auto transfer the gmapsupp.img to my root/map and SgMyMfe.JCV to root/map/POI. are those the correct directory ?



Map file should be in root /system while JCV file should be in root/system/JCV


is the above suppose to be a workaround for JCV to work with MFM ? i have done the above as per instructons but i still cant see the JCV while using MFM. for MSM the JCV appear fine.

ryomakun
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:31 pm

Re: MFM-Garmin Map (cGPSmapper) Installation Step-by-Step Gu

Postby ryomakun » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:37 pm

Include route calculation grey out and My Nuvi 255w show "no detailed map found that support routing" after the new map installed.
can any1 help me on this problem?

Thanks~

User avatar
silverbeauty
Moderator
Posts: 3518
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: MFM-Garmin Map (cGPSmapper) Installation Step-by-Step Gu

Postby silverbeauty » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:13 am

ryomakun wrote:Include route calculation grey out and My Nuvi 255w show "no detailed map found that support routing" after the new map installed.
can any1 help me on this problem?

Thanks~



Make sure only "ONE" map is enabled/selected in Nuvi Setup menu "Maps"

jovially
Posts: 100
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:40 am
Location: Garmin Nuvi 765

Re: MFM-Garmin Map (cGPSmapper) Installation Step-by-Step Gu

Postby jovially » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:54 am

can MFM-Garmin map installed in Garmin Android devices?
What will be the different between this map and "here" maps?
I was told if I purchase the new Garmin device, I can only install the maps from Garmin web site, is it true? Thanks.


Return to “Library”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests