MFM-Garmin Map (cGPSmapper) Installation Step-by-Step Guide

Guides, FAQs, How-to, etc

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
mhakim92

Re: MFM-Garmin Map (cGPSmapper) Installation Step-by-Step Gu

Postby mhakim92 » Thu May 15, 2014 2:23 am

eddy_duyung wrote:Dear M.Hakim,
How was the progress of your problem??

I am still trying to configure what should I do. So basically in my SD card, I just create a new folder, and named it "Garmin", then just copy my gmapsupp.img into that folder, right? Correct me if I'm wrong

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Thu May 15, 2014 9:26 am

mhakim92 wrote:

I am still trying to configure what should I do. So basically in my SD card, I just create a new folder, and named it "Garmin", then just copy my gmapsupp.img into that folder, right? Correct me if I'm wrong

Correct :thumbsup:

mhakim92

Postby mhakim92 » Thu May 15, 2014 10:28 am

silverbeauty wrote:
mhakim92 wrote:

Correct :thumbsup:

Cool !! I will try to do it then...thank you very much

jayhendrix

Postby jayhendrix » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:24 pm

Hey guys, I'm using a nuvi 1300 and I was just wondering where to put the gmapsupp.img file in because I tried putting it in the Garmin folder but nothing happens...

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:33 pm

jayhendrix wrote:Hey guys, I'm using a nuvi 1300 and I was just wondering where to put the gmapsupp.img file in because I tried putting it in the Garmin folder but nothing happens...

Go buy a SD card, cheap nowadays vs bricking a Nuvi
Create a sub-folder in the card labelled /garmin

Copy the map file gmapsupp.img into that sub folder in the SD card

Lazer

Postby Lazer » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:44 am

Hi,

I have a slight problem while trying to reinstall the MFM Map... usually I won't have this problem but only after I tried to update again after installing the official map updates from the Garmin website.

I know I shouldn't have done this because previously I didn't even bother to update with the official ones and my hands were itchy today and hence this problem arised.

Under the Settings -> Map -> Info, I am not able to find or detect the usual MFM map created by the guys here but instead I was given a file named "CN SGMY NT 2014.20-Here" instead of the usual file name I've been seeing... for example,"MFM-Garmin 131007, Mfm Poi 131007" or whichever the file name is like that goes according to the update version...

It seems that now I am only able to access the default maps and like I said... usually I that doesn't happen.

Already tried to install again many times but still same problem occurs acting as though I have yet to update it... :(

Please advice! #-o

plasticguy

Postby plasticguy » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:48 pm

Need help.

After the installation of MFM-Garmin Map, in the "Malfreemaps" folder, I saw many ".img" numbering files, for example,

60028000.img
60020000.img
60018000.img
and many more, > 30 of them, do I have to copy them in the SD/Garmin folder together with the gmapsupp.img? what about those files with "MFM.*",
MFM.img
MFM.MDX
MFM.TDB
Do I have to copy them into the SD/Garmin folder as well?

Thank you.

silverbeauty

Postby silverbeauty » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:16 pm

mhakim92 wrote:

After download the installer, it will create a file name gmapsupp.img in the pc / lappy root directory label as garmin. In that directory look for sub folder malfreemap. You will find the file gmapsupp.img. Copy this file into a SD card /garmin directory. Plug this into your Nuvi SD card slot.

djkenishii

Postby djkenishii » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:36 pm

hey guys,

i followed all the steps to install the new maps at f:\Map\.img in my nuvi 1350. all works great until i clicked on address "map data not available" prompted. searched up and down in the forum but couldnt find any clue..appreciate any help given..thanks!

silverbeauty

Postby silverbeauty » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:54 pm

djkenishii wrote:hey guys,

i followed all the steps to install the new maps at f:\Map\.img in my nuvi 1350. all works great until i clicked on address "map data not available" prompted. searched up and down in the forum but couldnt find any clue..appreciate any help given..thanks!

Checked with my 1350 no problem. Reload and reinstall from fresh copy. Mine stored in SD Card/garmin under gmapsupp.img

Make sure you select country Singapore or Malaysia according to your location

Return to “Library”