How to install Papago X5 on your PDA

Guides, FAQs, How-to, etc

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
drsec
Location: Subang Jaya, (Nuvi255W, GMXT on HTC HD2 & Diamond, Nuvi360, Navman F20, PaPaGo X5 on WM6.5)

Re: How To Install PaPaGo X5 On Your PDA

Postby drsec » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:56 pm

JayCee wrote:
drsec wrote:I also noticed that the Next Junction Alert arrow for round-abouts is counter-clockwise.

Have not managed to find how to control the voice prompt volume yet.

Obviously, above are the two short-comings of Papago X5 for WM.

As of now, I am still not able to confirm if the speed warning is really triggered in accordance to the speed limit of each and every road which I doubt. If it is not, then, what is the algorithsm and where we can, like MapKing, at least maintain speed limit warning for major expressway (say 90kmh for all expressway for Sigapore and 110kmh for North-South Highway in Malaysia, etc).

Regards,
JayCee

Speed Limit - Yes it does, very politely by saying "Please Observe The Speed Limit" but you can switch it off.

I had both the X5 and the Garmin speed alerts on my drive from JB. I swicthcd one of them off.

drsec
Location: Subang Jaya, (Nuvi255W, GMXT on HTC HD2 & Diamond, Nuvi360, Navman F20, PaPaGo X5 on WM6.5)

Postby drsec » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:35 am

I also found that the alhpa numeric keyboard in the POI and Road search is recalcitrant. Sometimes it refuses to come up.

Road searches in PaPaGo must be according to the proper road name, where if the name is Jalan SS 1/2, then it must be entered as Jalan .... In the case of Garmin, address searches can be done with any part of the name e.g. SS and all roads with SS in the name appears.

I'm still testing POI searches.

JayCee

Postby JayCee » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:35 am

JayCee wrote:Seems to me the HTC HD volume control has no effect on the installed Papago X5. Does anybody knows how to control and/or set the volume of notification, warning, voice instruction or any speech with the Papago X5 for Windows Mobile (PDA)? Or is this function available?

Regards,
JayCee

I have performed more testings on the volume control issue last night (with Papago X5 running):
1. As mentioned, oppose to other applications like media player, phone, etc, the volume control switch (on left side of HTC Touch HD) has no effect on voice/speech of the running Papago X5
2. Feared the PDA's Loudspeaker Auto volume control setting (start/setting/system/auto-vol-control) may cause the problem, I have checked it out (disable) and retest but ended with same negative result
3. Plug a ear-piece into this PDA and retest, the voice is now channeled to the ear-piece. Again, no way you can control the volume with the PDA's volume control switch; with this result, Strongly believe it will work the same with the BT ear-piece though I have not performed a real testing

Volume control is a very important feature from an user's perspective (at least from me). Let's see how M3Asia/Maction respond to this short-coming.

Regards,
JayCee

JayCee

Postby JayCee » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:10 am

drsec wrote:
JayCee wrote:
drsec wrote:I also noticed that the Next Junction Alert arrow for round-abouts is counter-clockwise.

Have not managed to find how to control the voice prompt volume yet.

Obviously, above are the two short-comings of Papago X5 for WM.

As of now, I am still not able to confirm if the speed warning is really triggered in accordance to the speed limit of each and every road which I doubt. If it is not, then, what is the algorithsm and where we can, like MapKing, at least maintain speed limit warning for major expressway (say 90kmh for all expressway for Sigapore and 110kmh for North-South Highway in Malaysia, etc).

Regards,
JayCee

Speed Limit - Yes it does, very politely by saying "Please Observe The Speed Limit" but you can switch it off.

I had both the X5 and the Garmin speed alerts on my drive from JB. I swicthcd one of them off.

Bro Drsec,

Sure, one can turn the Papago X5 speed limit warning on and off at wish.
For any navigation device to give out speed limit warning to driver, two (2) sets of data are required: car speed and speed limit of the road the car is traveling. All navigation devices are able to determine car speed. I am more interest to know where is the road speed limit data, which Papago X5 base on, is stored and if we can maintain the data. MapKing (R7) provided two speed limit parameters (rural road and expressway) for users to define and Garmin XT is implemented thru a definition file.
Further, in relation to this speed limit warning, I have yet to test out if the "speed cam warning" feature is really functioning or not in Singapore. Again, without a database (file), this will not work.

Well, I do hope Bro sb17 is accessing this thread and have read the last posting also.

Regards,
JayCee

sb17

Postby sb17 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:50 am

JayCee wrote:
Well, I do hope Bro sb17 is accessing this thread and have read the last posting also.

Regards,
JayCee

Yes. where would i be if not MFM.. [-(

At this current moment, both & WM version are "very" Taiwan centric. There is no doubt about that.
Definitely as we go on, we need to sit down with the Maction developer to see how we can work it out.
And we also need sifu Antyong input as well. And frankly at this present moment, the to do list now span
at least few pages long.

I have started a feedback thread and Wish list for both software, and if you do not, let us know your
view from your angle. And we will see which arm we can "twist".. :-$

Thanks

JayCee

Postby JayCee » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:20 pm

Finally, has the wrongly registered license codes reseted and re-register with Maction online per the format required by Pagago X5 software installed on PDA. Though (IMHO) it takes two (2) longs weeks for Maction to perform this little task, M3Asia has to be praised as they have done a nice follow-up job in between - JayCee

sb17

Postby sb17 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:25 pm

JayCee wrote:Finally, has the wrongly registered license codes reseted and re-register with Maction online per the format required by Pagago X5 software installed on PDA. Though (IMHO) it takes two (2) longs weeks for Maction to perform this little task, M3Asia has to be praised as they have done a nice follow-up job in between - JayCee

We are working to get this "little task" to be done locally.. In the meantime, please bear with us, as the Superman
in Taiwan is "overloaded" but he is helpful.

zahidd

Postby zahidd » Sun May 30, 2010 11:44 am

My various attempt to get comment from m6 was ignored. I doubt they will can provide good customer service, I'm scraping my intention to buy papago in future.....just not worth the trouble you facing in future

amamat
Champion Tracker
Champion Tracker

Postby amamat » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:41 pm

Thank you :prayer: :prayer: :prayer:

I purchased papago x5 for windows mobile and I installed it successfully by following your instructions..

I must say that this thread should be in the library as a guidance to other members.

asmile60
Contributor

Postby asmile60 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:45 am

amamat wrote:Thank you :prayer: :prayer: :prayer:

I purchased papago x5 for windows mobile and I installed it successfully by following your instructions..

I must say that this thread should be in the library as a guidance to other members.

bro amamat, I just install Papago x5 for my PDA too. I got problem to view some POI for example all Petrol station are invisible even if zoom in, do you face this problem?

Return to “Library”