How to install Garmin MobileXT into mobile & PDA phones?

Guides, FAQs, How-to, etc

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
mfm88
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:57 pm

Re: How to install Garmin MobileXT into mobile & PDA phones?

Postby mfm88 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:09 pm

fnixirix wrote:sad, nobody reply..


If it is running on WM6, there should not be any problem

I had one omnia II, runs well
(btw, you should ask at GPS on Mobile phone section, not library)
心远地自偏,心静自然凉

kronos1677
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:29 pm

Re: How to install Garmin MobileXT into mobile & PDA phones?

Postby kronos1677 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:29 pm

Thanks Bro, Garmin run smoothly in my N8

thank you again :)

hannson
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:04 pm

Re: How to install Garmin MobileXT into mobile & PDA phones?

Postby hannson » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:52 am

dvpro wrote:For now, let's just focus on getting GMAPSUPP.IMG (MFM-Garmin detailed map including routable roads and POIs) installed in your GMXT. The installer is available here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=8442 And the installation's instruction can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=662 FYI, the first part of the installation will install the mapset for use with Mapsource, BaseCamp, etc. and the second part will generate GMAPSUPP.IMG which is the ready-to-use detailed map for Garmin devices. BTW, you don't need Mapsource/Basecamp to complete the installation. All you need is the generated GMAPSUPP.IMG, and this file should be placed in \Garmin folder of GMXT data card.

hi.

i was able to launch Garmin XT 5.00.20 in a WinCE device.
it has the worldwide basemap and it shows up well.

But when I followed the instructions above and copy the gmapsupp.img into the garmin folder (same folder as the worldwide basemap) in the WinCE device, the malsingmap does not show up at all in the mapsets.

Is there any other configuration I should check?

Thanks in advance!

rozaimi
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:27 pm

Re: How to install Garmin MobileXT into mobile & PDA phones?

Postby rozaimi » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:35 pm

try to install garmin mobilext into my Nokia N8: why application not compatible with phone. iam use Garmin Mobile XT for Symbian S60 3rd Edition software version 5.00.50

wmq8741
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:05 am

Re: How to install Garmin MobileXT into mobile & PDA phones?

Postby wmq8741 » Thu May 12, 2011 10:34 am

Dear bros, I've been using mobile xt for the past two years with E71 and last week updated malfree map. Yesterday, tried to use it, no response when I click on the mobile xt icon. What went wrong? Any sifu here can help? Last few days, I updated the ovi software and installed opera mobile. Thanks

weykun8251
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:29 pm

Re: How to install Garmin MobileXT into mobile & PDA phones?

Postby weykun8251 » Thu May 12, 2011 9:46 pm

any one can help me solve my problem? I am using phone Nokia C5-03...the phone only purchase few month....i try install but it show that "program not compatible with phone"....
any brother might help me??
i try version Garmin 5.00.60, 5.00.50....
Or any GPS can install in my Nokia C5-03??
thank you for you help!!!

wmq8741
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:05 am

Re: How to install Garmin MobileXT into mobile & PDA phones?

Postby wmq8741 » Sun May 22, 2011 12:37 pm

wmq8741 wrote:Dear bros, I've been using mobile xt for the past two years with E71 and last week updated malfree map. Yesterday, tried to use it, no response when I click on the mobile xt icon. What went wrong? Any sifu here can help? Last few days, I updated the ovi software and installed opera mobile. Thanks

Problem solved. I uninsalled the software, re-installed new garmin version 5. Tested in Surabaya las week, its working well

luqmanmusa
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:00 am

Re: How to install Garmin MobileXT into mobile & PDA phones?

Postby luqmanmusa » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:30 am

hello im newbie here....

i just saw one tutorial on how to update new maps into the GPS device (SD Card)..

for example, mine is Nokia E72 using Garmin version 5.00.60s60.9 using old map...
need to update the new maps (Malaysia Maps)..

unfortunately, i forgot to bookmarked that link... ](*,)

need some help, can anyone show me the link???

User avatar
silverbeauty
Moderator
Posts: 3519
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: How to install Garmin MobileXT into mobile & PDA phones?

Postby silverbeauty » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:22 am

luqmanmusa wrote:hello im newbie here....

i just saw one tutorial on how to update new maps into the GPS device (SD Card)..

for example, mine is Nokia E72 using Garmin version 5.00.60s60.9 using old map...
need to update the new maps (Malaysia Maps)..

unfortunately, i forgot to bookmarked that link... ](*,)

need some help, can anyone show me the link???



Read the first page of this thread ( 2nd post ) for your answer :-'

luqmanmusa
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:00 am

Re: How to install Garmin MobileXT into mobile & PDA phones?

Postby luqmanmusa » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:00 am

silverbeauty wrote:
luqmanmusa wrote:hello im newbie here....

i just saw one tutorial on how to update new maps into the GPS device (SD Card)..

for example, mine is Nokia E72 using Garmin version 5.00.60s60.9 using old map...
need to update the new maps (Malaysia Maps)..

unfortunately, i forgot to bookmarked that link... ](*,)

need some help, can anyone show me the link???



Read the first page of this thread ( 2nd post ) for your answer :-'




tq silverbeauty......really helpful :peace:


Return to “Library”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests