How to update the latest MFM-Papago map into Papago R5800?

Guides, FAQs, How-to, etc

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
johnTan
Valued Contributor

How to update the latest MFM-Papago map into Papago R5800?

Postby johnTan » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:42 pm

Updated: 9th Sep 2009 8:15am
How to update the latest MFM-Papago Map direct into Papago R58x0.
Please refer to below animated Picture.
you're welcome to feedback if any mistake on the installation guide.
:tq:
Updated on 20th Jan 2010:
Note: 1) Improper installing the map or incorrect folder of the map will be caused your Papago software unable to read the map resulting your Papago R58x0 will be halt at "Papago ! world's leading GPS navigator" screen.
2) No matter download the map into PC then transfer into Papago R58x0 or direct into Papato R5800, please make sure you have total 27 map files store its all into your papago R58x0 TFAT drive > Navi > Maps > MFM
Remark: Remember, It is Maps but not "Map".
3) If encounter your Papago R58x0 halt at "Papago ! world's leading GPS navigator" screen, Please refer to Papago CD guide how to restore it.

Remark: For my Papago map installation guide only apply to Papago R58xx unit, not for other PND like Holux, WayWay, Altina, Cruise Lite and so on. because other PND, Papago software and Maps may not store inside the "Navi" folder like Papago R5800. for example: WayWay 5031, the papago software and maps store into "Mobile Navigator" folder, but inside the WayWay also has "Navi" folder which inside the "App" folder, if Wayway user follow my guide store the latest map file into "App\Navi\Maps\MFM", resulting you still would not get the latest map updated. Sorry for I can't create other PND map installation Guide for all, because I don't know other PND where the Papago software and maps is and I only have Papago R5800.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by johnTan on Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Add remark

johnTan
Valued Contributor

Re: New Papago R5800 - How do I keep my maps most updated?

Postby johnTan » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:04 pm

You can install more than 1 version of MFM map into your Papago device by selection different folder name for the Map. E.g: K:\Navi\Maps\MFM1 and K:\Navi\Maps\MFM2 Remark: MFM1 folder contain Old version of map, MFM2 folder contain latest map. .

After install latest MFM papago map, How do check whether you have succeed install the latest map,
Please follow the Step below:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tlchuan
Polygon Mapper
Location: Subang Jaya (x10 & Oregon 300)Garmin 255w sgmy, 2575RLM, Wayway 5035

Re: How to update the latest MFM-Papago map into Papago R5800?

Postby tlchuan » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:00 pm

thank for the step by step guide :good: :thumbsup:

illi

Postby illi » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:13 am

I installed a the trial version of X3. It's in Chinese. Can someone help guide me with the settings to change it to English please.
Thanks.
Garmin Mobile XT v5.00.30w + HTC Touch Diamond2
Test-drive: Navigon, smart2go, Papago X3, MapKing 2007

SOSweet

Postby SOSweet » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:04 am

John, you are the best ! =D> =D> =D> :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
It is a great help to ppl with the step by step photo illustrations instead of just plain text. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
:good: :tq:
HEALTHY LIVING :
Eat Less - Salt & Sugar
Do More - Exercise & Good Deeds

exz8
Polygon Mapper

Postby exz8 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:45 am

good job man...
easier to understand...

:good: :tq:

bassyee

Postby bassyee » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:30 am

Do i update the map in file transfer mode or normal mode? i refered to the way of new map installation as guided with the pic.. but after i transferred the new map, i dun see the new map being shown when i wanna switch map.. why??? :-k

johnTan
Valued Contributor

Postby johnTan » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:00 pm

bassyee wrote:Do i update the map in file transfer mode or normal mode? i refered to the way of new map installation as guided with the pic.. but after i transferred the new map, i dun see the new map being shown when i wanna switch map.. why??? :-k

Hi bassyee,
You may Use Papago Map installer to extract the map file into installer default setting path C:\Navi\Maps\MFM folder ,
After that, Transfer MFM folder into your R5800 TFAT drive Navi\Maps folder.
If you don't want to overwrite your R5800 current MFM map folder, you can rename the folder Name like MFM02092009 or Old MFM,
It is up to you. If you wanna able to switch map, then you should have more than 1 map folder with map files.
And Please make sure your have 27 files inside Navi\Maps\MFM folder
and Select the correct version of X3, e.g M3gps or Eastgear, Installer will be according your selection to extract the different Map header file to your R5800. If you have Eastgear R5800, but you select M3gps, then you have new map not being shown problem.

johnTan
Valued Contributor

Postby johnTan » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:48 pm

Thanks bro antyong for Papago map installer.
this really a Easy ways to make life easier.
:tq: :prayer:
:rox:

salim526

Postby salim526 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:50 pm

Early this morning (around 1 - 2am) I did my first update since I purchased my GPS set at the end of last month and did as per your guide and everything went smoothly. Now I have the old and new version in the unit.

The original map in the unit had the road names in section 17, PJ without the jalan and now in the 090909 update I can see the roads are now Jalan 17/xx. Thats good :thumbsup:

:tq: for the :good:

Return to “Library”