How to Manage Papago POIs with MapSource (23/8/2009)

Guides, FAQs, How-to, etc

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
76gpsguy
Polygon Mapper

Re: How to Manage Papago POIs with MapSource (23/8/2009)

Postby 76gpsguy » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:58 pm

Hi MFM Papago’s users, your may wonder why PPGPOITool only support 5 POI classes. Actually, Papago X2/X3 My Favourite POI data file (PPGPOI17.dat) able to support up to 64 POI classes. There is a POI class table saved in PPGPOI17.dat and by default only 5 POI classes being defined.

The structure/content of this POI class table is user dependent, i.e. user can modify, edit and define their own POI class by select the POI image from the 24 built-in images and name it up to 24 characters. This means every PPG user can create and have their own unique POI class table. Since no standardization of POI class table can be referred, users will face difficulty in exchanging their POIs with others who have different POI class table. This is also why PPGPOITool only support the default 5 POI classes at the moment.

In order to make full use of PPG My Favourite POI feature, i.e. 64 POI classes, I would suggest that we standardize and come out with our own POI class table for users easy reference and it also can be built-in into the PPGPOITool.

The below are the PPG 24 built-in POI images. Please give your suggestion and hope that we can standardize this POI class table for all MFM Papago users reference. Please note that more than one name can be suggested for any single POI image.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

chpteh

Postby chpteh » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:11 pm

76gpsguy wrote:Hi MFM Papago’s users, your may wonder why PPGPOITool only support 5 POI classes. Actually, Papago X2/X3 My Favourite POI data file (PPGPOI17.dat) able to support up to 64 POI classes. There is a POI class table saved in PPGPOI17.dat and by default only 5 POI classes being defined.

hi 76gpsguy ... wondering if you have problem opening the output GPX file if you include other POI codes in the POI file. I managed to generate the GPX file however, I was not able to open it with Mapsource.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

76gpsguy
Polygon Mapper

Postby 76gpsguy » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:05 pm

chpteh wrote:
76gpsguy wrote:Hi MFM Papago’s users, your may wonder why PPGPOITool only support 5 POI classes. Actually, Papago X2/X3 My Favourite POI data file (PPGPOI17.dat) able to support up to 64 POI classes. There is a POI class table saved in PPGPOI17.dat and by default only 5 POI classes being defined.

hi 76gpsguy ... wondering if you have problem opening the output GPX file if you include other POI codes in the POI file. I managed to generate the GPX file however, I was not able to open it with Mapsource.

Can you post here or PM me the gpx file for my checking?

chpteh

Postby chpteh » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:32 am

76gpsguy wrote:
chpteh wrote:

Can you post here or PM me the gpx file for my checking?

hi 76gpsguy - i tried again by putting all "user defined" and also remove all the photos linked to the POIs - seems to work after that - interesting. :P

76gpsguy
Polygon Mapper

Postby 76gpsguy » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:04 pm

chpteh wrote:hi 76gpsguy - i tried again by putting all "user defined" and also remove all the photos linked to the POIs - seems to work after that - interesting. :P

PPGPOIToool does not support photo linked POIs. The problem you have faced may cause by this type of POI.

antyong (retired)
Site Admin (retired)

Postby antyong (retired) » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:16 pm

dannydanny wrote:papago really support custom poi? can show for speedtrap area? but stil no idea for it

The next release of M3GPS X5 will support speed traps and other road alerts. In conjunction with the release, MFM-Papago map will also incorporate these POIs

alyem
Regional Mapper

Postby alyem » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:21 pm

dannydanny wrote:when it will realease? tanks bro

Call M3GPS to find out..
73, 9w2yyl
You need the MAP, We need your TRACK

zulazhan

Postby zulazhan » Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:26 pm

I got the same problem as chpteh. Cannot open because file gpx is not a valid MapSource file. The dat file is 9908 bytes.
The gpx file after conversion is 1635 byte.
What am I missing?

zamad
Valued Contributor

Postby zamad » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:20 pm

chpteh's POIs were linked to pictures. When he removed the links, it worked. Have you tried this yet?
mfm : magnificent free maps
Garmin nüvi 2575RLM v2.80, Garmin 60CSx v4.00, Garmin nüvi 205W(patched), Papago R5800 X8.5, Qstarz Q1000P (Datalogger)
Retired: GMXT Palm T|X, nuvifone A10 v5.0.77, Garmin-Asus G60 v2.43, GPSlim236 (Datalogger)

shawchyn
Valued Contributor

Postby shawchyn » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:34 pm

I try to make the POI in chinese, it shown in MapSource, but once it convert to papago format, it shown all info accept the Chinese words.

Any ideas to solve it?
Snake Chia
http://appsblog.snakechia.com
http://www.nearby.com.my

Return to “Library”