Papago X2/X3 Tracklog Converter

Guides, FAQs, How-to, etc

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
76gpsguy
Polygon Mapper

Re: Papago X2/X3 Tracklog Converter

Postby 76gpsguy » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:42 am

alihms wrote:Sometimes, bin2gpx does not able to convert the tracks I recorded using my Holux. I was able to convert the tracks to kml and view them under Google Earth. So, I guess the recorded tracks themselves are okay.

On several occasion, I had to re-track the location once again due to this.

Can you PM me your tracklog for my checking?

alihms

Postby alihms » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:44 pm

76gpsguy wrote:
alihms wrote:Sometimes, bin2gpx does not able to convert the tracks I recorded using my Holux. I was able to convert the tracks to kml and view them under Google Earth. So, I guess the recorded tracks themselves are okay.

On several occasion, I had to re-track the location once again due to this.

Can you PM me your tracklog for my checking?

I have PM'ed you. Note, the file is in .rar format. The system does not allow me to send files in .bin format. You have to uncompress it first.

krill

Postby krill » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:49 am

andyfriends wrote:a dumb question. what is tracklog for and how to use it?
chers

When there's an unknown route, we track it that is to say we invoke the Track Log option and start recording the coordinates while plying through the route. With every second passed, the device note down our current coordinates. The list of these coordinates are what's contained in a tracklog file.

In Papago, at least Papago R5800, this file has .bin extension and resides in \Navi\MagaNaviser folder.

Using the utility provided in this thread, you can convert the .bin file to .gbx file which can then be opened in Mapsource, edited and submitted to MFM for inclusion in future map.

molexguy

Postby molexguy » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:14 am

where to submit tracklog (for road not in the map) ? any email? or where to submit?

tq

badrol
Polygon Mapper

Postby badrol » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:20 am

molexguy wrote:where to submit tracklog (for road not in the map) ? any email? or where to submit?

tq

Under here : Board index » Free Maps & Points of Interest Project viewforum.php?f=17

just post the track under the respective state & city/location (if any). example : If the trach is for Bangi, post it under KL & Selangor Map Feedback and sub topic of Bangi.
ImageImageImage

jalanlurus

Postby jalanlurus » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:22 pm

halo ada sapa2 boleh tolong...setelah lebih sbulan x on..gooze papago x3 sy x boleh nak searching setelit..kena install semula ke

zamad
Valued Contributor

Postby zamad » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:16 pm

jalanlurus wrote:halo ada sapa2 boleh tolong...setelah lebih sbulan x on..gooze papago x3 sy x boleh nak searching setelit..kena install semula ke
Tak perlu install semula. Sebabkan lama sangat tak pakai, PND dah bingung sebab pangkalan data satelit dah lapuk! Kena letak tepi tingkap dan 'on-kan'.... nanti, dapat satellite lock.

BTW, jalanlurus, anda seharusnya pos pertanyaan di dalam 'GPS Devices >> Goozee GPS' dan bukannya di sini (Papago X2/X3 Tracklog Converter).
mfm : magnificent free maps
Garmin nüvi 2575RLM v2.80, Garmin 60CSx v4.00, Garmin nüvi 205W(patched), Papago R5800 X8.5, Qstarz Q1000P (Datalogger)
Retired: GMXT Palm T|X, nuvifone A10 v5.0.77, Garmin-Asus G60 v2.43, GPSlim236 (Datalogger)

gloomis10
Valued Contributor

Postby gloomis10 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:19 am

Can d x5 papago window mobile do d tracking??? where can i find d track logs?Can any 1 share it out pls?

gloomis10
Valued Contributor

Postby gloomis10 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:35 pm

Ermm...finally I found it in d folder MagaNaviser.... :thumbsup:
and just follow d instruction of brother 76gpsguy
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3758
:rox:

medk

Postby medk » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:54 pm

Encounter "Invalid Papago Tracklogs" when double click.. I am using Holux 62E .. What could be the problem???

Return to “Library”