Nuvi 205's messages and menu labels are customizable. If you have enough of Garmin's dull messages, try using MFM's custom messages. Below is an example:
HOW TO INSTALL & USE
- Download MFM_English.gtt (Nuvi 2x0/2x5) or MFM_English.gtt (Nuvi 2x0W/2x5W or Nuvi 7xx)
- Connect your Nuvi to your PC and wait for your PC to recognize the Nuvi drive
- Copy MFM_English.gtt to your Nuvi's Text folder
- Disconnect your Nuvi from your PC and turn it on
- At the main menu, press "Tools" then "Settings" then "Language"
- Set text to "MFM English"
- Your keyboard will be set to "MFM English" too. If you prefer Garmin's QWERTY keyboard layout, change keyboard back to "American English"
- Press "back" to return to main menu
MFM CUSTOM KEYBOARD LAYOUT
MFM's custom keyboard layout allows easy access to the "/" key. It can be very useful if you are navigating in the Klang Valley where many addresses contain the "/" character. I am not able to make the keyboard layout exactly the same as Garmin's QWERTY layout. Please advise if you know how to do so.
MFM_English.gtt is a text file. It can be easily edited to suit your personal preference. Please share your own custom messages here
- This custom message file don't work on Mobile XT and Que. Not sure whether it will work on outdoor models such as GPSMAP 60CSx.
- This custom message file don't work also on Nuvi 300 and Nuvi 600 series.
- MFM custom keyboard layout is not suitable for 3.5" Nuvi. Refer to this post