Free Garmin Community Maps

Guides, FAQs, How-to, etc

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
nak71

Re: map for philippines?

Postby nak71 » Sat May 14, 2011 1:29 pm

vash_h wrote:
Rivera wrote:is there aby map available for philippines? also any update for brunei map. thanks and regards t everyone here.

philippines get the free garmin map from roadguide.ph

not working anymore...
Nuvi 2465LM
Nuvi 57LM

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Sat May 14, 2011 2:02 pm

nak71 wrote:
vash_h wrote:philippines get the free garmin map from roadguide.ph

not working anymore...

Bro nak71, have you tried to download from roadguide.ph community ?

You will need to register before you can download the map. This is not the latest, but is sufficient for you to navigate around metro manila.

http://roadguide.ph/Download.html

nak71

Re: Free Garmin Community Maps

Postby nak71 » Sat May 14, 2011 2:18 pm

successfull i renamed the file from VIET NAM OPEN_MDR.IMG to GMAPPROM.IMG :champ:
Nuvi 2465LM
Nuvi 57LM

nak71

Postby nak71 » Sat May 14, 2011 2:22 pm

silverbeauty wrote:
nak71 wrote:
vash_h wrote:philippines get the free garmin map from roadguide.ph

not working anymore...

Bro nak71, have you tried to download from roadguide.ph community ?

You will need to register before you can download the map. This is not the latest, but is sufficient for you to navigate around metro manila.

http://roadguide.ph/Download.html

I only interested on vietnam map it just that i tried "http://roadguide.ph" link and found out its broken...but your link is working...thanks
Nuvi 2465LM
Nuvi 57LM

yehosaphat

Postby yehosaphat » Wed May 25, 2011 3:40 pm

wanoridz wrote:i got another link for australia garmin maps

http://www.osmaustralia.org/garmin.php

hope that helps

Hi, do I copy the downloaded .img files to the gps and it will work?

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Wed May 25, 2011 5:08 pm

yehosaphat wrote:

hope that helps

What model garmin do you have ?

Newer models like 1xxx, 2xxx, 3xxx just create a /map directory in your SD card and download the *.img files into it. You can load as many *.img files to the capacity of the SD card.

Older models like 2xx, 3xx, 4xx, 5xx, 6xx, 7xx, 8xx models, just create a /garmin directory in your SD card and download the *.img files into it. Then rename it to gmapsupp.img. You can use only ONE gmapsupp.img at one time.

yehosaphat

Postby yehosaphat » Wed May 25, 2011 5:22 pm

silverbeauty wrote:
yehosaphat wrote:

hope that helps

What model garmin do you have ?

Newer models like 1xxx, 2xxx, 3xxx just create a /map directory in your SD card and download the *.img files into it. You can load as many *.img files to the capacity of the SD card.

Older models like 2xx, 3xx, 4xx, 5xx, 6xx, 7xx, 8xx models, just create a /garmin directory in your SD card and download the *.img files into it. Then rename it to gmapsupp.img. You can use only ONE gmapsupp.img at one time.

Mine is the 260w. It already has a garmin folder. So I should just change the existing folder name to another one, create a garmin folder, can copy the 2 .img files to this folder?

After that, rename the .img file to gmapsupp.img? If so, which one do I change? 61010701 or 61010702 file?

silverbeauty

Postby silverbeauty » Wed May 25, 2011 5:28 pm

yehosaphat wrote:
Mine is the 260w. It already has a garmin folder. So I should just change the existing folder name to another one, create a garmin folder, can copy the 2 .img files to this folder?

After that, rename the .img file to gmapsupp.img? If so, which one do I change? 61010701 or 61010702 file?

As I mentioned older models only allows ONE gmapsupp.img to be operative at one time, on SD card/garmin directory or Main Memory/garmin directory.

It is advisable for newbies not to tinker with main memory data as Nuvi is VERY unforgiving to data corruption which can result in an expensive brick.

Use different SD cards for different maps is the best way to go as SD cards prices are pretty inexpensive.

yehosaphat

Postby yehosaphat » Wed May 25, 2011 5:30 pm

silverbeauty wrote:
yehosaphat wrote:

As I mentioned older models only allows ONE gmapsupp.img to be operative at one time, on SD card/garmin directory or Main Memory/garmin directory.

It is advisable for newbies not to tinker with main memory data as Nuvi is VERY unforgiving to data corruption which can result in an expensive brick.

Use different SD cards for different maps is the best way to go as SD cards prices are pretty inexpensive.

Noted. Which one do I change? 61010701 or 61010702 file?

silverbeauty

Postby silverbeauty » Wed May 25, 2011 5:41 pm

yehosaphat wrote:
Noted. Which one do I change? 61010701 or 61010702 file?

I have no idea what those numbers mean or contain. You have to find out yourself.

Backup first, then delete one and see which map is removed.... :-'

Return to “Library”