Free Garmin Community Maps

Guides, FAQs, How-to, etc

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
ngeo88

Re: Free Garmin Community Maps

Postby ngeo88 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:02 pm

please help anyone can share link for Germany or Europe map Thanks

zeevon
Contributor

Postby zeevon » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:40 pm

I've China map in simplified chinese and 3d building that's works on my Garmin Asus A50. The file size is about 1.2GB and about 700MB when compressed to zip file. May I know how am I going to share the map to others?
9W2ZW

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:55 pm

zeevon wrote:I've China map in simplified chinese and 3d building that's works on my Garmin Asus A50. The file size is about 1.2GB and about 700MB when compressed to zip file. May I know how am I going to share the map to others?

Bro unless your map is freeware, please respect forum rule #6. Commercial maps are copyright.

zeevon
Contributor

Postby zeevon » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:52 pm

silverbeauty wrote:
zeevon wrote:I've China map in simplified chinese and 3d building that's works on my Garmin Asus A50. The file size is about 1.2GB and about 700MB when compressed to zip file. May I know how am I going to share the map to others?

Bro unless your map is freeware, please respect forum rule #6. Commercial maps are copyright.

I don't know whether it is free map or not. My friend help me to download. I did't crack it. Just copy the img file then it works.
9W2ZW

r_aquarii

Postby r_aquarii » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:41 am

hi all,
im new here.
i just downloaded Mfm into my garmin 255w but it seem that i can't seach by postal code? and POI seach load much longer than malsingmap

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:33 am

r_aquarii wrote:hi all,
im new here.
i just downloaded Mfm into my garmin 255w but it seem that i can't seach by postal code? and POI seach load much longer than malsingmap

MainMenu - WhereTo - Address - Leave house number blank - Enter postal code in street name

Postal Code incomplete vs Commercial SLA Map version. On-going project.

rzrz

Postby rzrz » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:19 am

i tried to load Vietnam maps to my garmin, it showed up in MyMaps but when I simulate it doesn't have detail POI/roads? help :ko:

silverbeauty

Postby silverbeauty » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:08 pm

No two maps are built alike with same features ... the vietnam map is not a product by us. You have to ask the map author / creator

rzrz

Postby rzrz » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:18 pm

nak71 wrote:successfull i renamed the file from VIET NAM OPEN_MDR.IMG to GMAPPROM.IMG :champ:

Helo bro is the file working for u? I cant get the POI or search for the road name.

plz share if yours is working :cry:

fabioesl

Postby fabioesl » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:45 pm

Maps for Brazil
TrackSource

The TrackSource is a free association of users who voluntarily organized themselves, in order to create and freely distribute maps of Brazil for use in GPS.
Through this site (http://www.tracksource.org.br), information gathered by users are forwarded to Volunteer developers who update the maps and publish them periodically to be downloaded by the whole community.
In constant evolution, since it was created in 2002, today the TrackSource is one of the largest projects of its kind in the world, with thousands of employees, hundreds of developers and produces the best, most complete and updated maps of Brazil for GPS.
Currently produces maps for use on Garmin GPS brand in smartphones with software Navitel in other browsers that use software compatible with these platforms, as well as maps for use on the computer, compatible with MapSource software and TrackMaker.
Language: Brazilian Portuguese
http://www.tracksource.org.br

Return to “Library”