How To Install Papago X5 To Android Tablets n Phones

Guides, FAQs, How-to, etc

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
moeyhc
Valued Contributor
Location: Penang - Nuvi 300, 205W, 2575RLM, M1200, M1000B/C, Papago N1

How To Install Papago X5 To Android Tablets n Phones

Postby moeyhc » Fri May 13, 2011 10:47 am

Please use Papago m8 instead of x5 for your Android as it is now obsoleted. MfM no longer publish x5 maps.... 20111118

For newer phones like the Samsung Galaxy S2 and Note the NaviSEA folder must be in the phone main memory. - 20120124

Installing Papago X5 for Android Tablets n Phones.

With the surge in popularity of the Android O/S for portable devices in the GPS application we are certain that the trend will stay. This brief tutorial serve as a guide for those adventurous enough to try their hands on a new navigation platform. The Papago X5 is one of the popular navigation apk for the Android system. Here is how it can be installed.... enjoy.

1. - Down Papago x5 SG/MY from Papago Taiwan Site - All 5 files from
Papago Taiwan - Select My/Sg Installation.
- Download n Install Spare Parts from the Android Market. Spare Parts is an Android system parameters configuration program.

2. Unzip the Papago X5 rar files and you will have

- NaviSEA folder
- PAPAGO_X5SEA_0806_WWEMarket.apk

3. Copy the NaviSEA folder + PAPAGO_X5SEA_0806_WWEMarket.apk to your Android SD card root directory.
4. To match your screen resolution copy the nearest screen resolution (choose smaller than your screen size) of the installation
and paste it back to the same folder. Rename the copied folder to match your screen resolution.

eg.
Your screen resolution = 600x1024
Papago nearest screen resolution = 480X854
Copy and Paste the folder 480X854 into the same folder and rename it 600X1024. Do this for all folders in Organic and its sub-directories as follow:-

- X:\NaviSEA\Organic
- X:\NaviSEA\Organic\CHT
- X:\NaviSEA\Organic\EN
- X:\NaviSEA\Organic\IND
- X:\NaviSEA\Organic\MAL

5. Install the SD card onto your Android unit.

6. Turn On the Android browse and go to SD card Root directory (MyPad).

Please use Papago m8 instead of x5 for your Android as it is now obsoleted. MfM no longer publish x5 maps

For newer phones like the Samsung Galaxy S2 and Note the NaviSEA folder must be in the phone main memory. - 20120124

7. Double click PAPAGO_X5SEA_0806_WWEMarket.apk and choose Android Installer to install Papago X5.

8. Run Spare Parts and Tick/Check Compatibility Mode. This will re-size the display to Full Screen.

9. Power down the Android and Re-Boot. Spare Parts requires a re-boot for Compatibility Mode to take effect. Your unit may require different Spare Part setup. Google it if this doesn't work.

10. Run Papago X5 and select Trail to begin a journey of fun with Papago.

11. The downloaded Program files include the MfM map. Goto our map download section to get the latest Papago map.

12. If you find Papago X5 useful please go to the Android market to purchase it or buy it HERE

Don't forget to buy me Kopi too..... :mrgreen: This guide is specially made for the NPM GG and I'm not in any way affiliated with Papago or its Agents. Thank you for the attendance and interest in Papago X5
:tq:

Check this post... How to Get More Access To Apk From The Android Market. Happy Shopping!
NEW! If you have HTC Sensation you may want to read this too. NEW!

Please use Papago m8 instead of x5 for your Android as it is now obsoleted. MfM no longer publish x5 maps

By:- moeyhc/MfM NPM GG May 12, 2011
edited to add HTC Sensation link by Bro alf - 20110731
edited to add m8 replacement for x5 - 20111118
edited to add statement on newer Android phones installation - 20120124
Note: Update to this procedure will end when the M8/M9 is available.
Last edited by moeyhc on Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:29 am, edited 6 times in total.
Common Sense Is Not Common.

amichael

Re: How To Install Papago X5 To Android Tablets n Phones

Postby amichael » Fri May 13, 2011 12:20 pm

You must patch the folder with Galaxy Tab Patch to make it full screen. If NOT you will only getting 480X854 resolution menu will be in the middle..
:rox:
If you can't beat them..

Join them

moeyhc
Valued Contributor

Postby moeyhc » Fri May 13, 2011 12:24 pm

amichael wrote:You must patch the folder with Galaxy Tab Patch to make it full screen. If NOT you will only getting 480X854 resolution menu will be in the middle..

Thanks for the tips.... can you show us how to patch? :tq: My China Droid works with the above procedure.

moeyhc
Valued Contributor

Postby moeyhc » Mon May 16, 2011 9:38 am

amichael wrote:You must patch the folder with Galaxy Tab Patch to make it full screen. If NOT you will only getting 480X854 resolution menu will be in the middle..

Bro amichael,

Please share your Patch method to help others attain full screen. Your help is very much appreciated. Thank you... :tq:

ajay

Postby ajay » Mon May 16, 2011 10:57 am

bro moey, i have tried the patch method & it works on my tab. but the site i found also shows method how to crack the program. so i don't intent to share the link. i'm not sure whether the patch itself is legal or not. what do you think?
from Garmin Que for Pocket PC to Garmin Mobile XT for Windows Mobile to Nuvi 205W to Papago M9 for Android & now Garmin Nuvi 2576.

moeyhc
Valued Contributor

Postby moeyhc » Mon May 16, 2011 1:37 pm

hmmmm..... hard to call. No wonder our friend did not reply.

Jail breaking and or Rooting O/S is perfectly legal as the equipment belongs to the users who own the gadget and is entitled to the Rights of usage in whatever form.... but this is a patch which is a modification of an application (apk)... and most apk have statements regarding its use. Let me Google it to find out more. Thanks for the info.

elea1

Postby elea1 » Tue May 17, 2011 3:53 pm

moeyhc wrote:Installing Papago X5 for Android Tablets n Phones.

With the surge in popularity of the Android O/S for portable devices in the GPS application we are certain that the trend will stay. This brief tutorial serve as a guide for those adventurous enough to try their hands on a new navigation platform. The Papago X5 is one of the popular navigation apk for the Android system. Here is how it can be installed.... enjoy.

1. - Down Papago x5 SG/MY from Papago Taiwan Site - All 5 files from
Papago Taiwan - Select My/Sg Installation.
- Download n Install Spare Parts from the Android Market. Spare Parts is an Android system parameters configuration program.

2. Unzip the Papago X5 rar files and you will have

- NaviSEA folder
- PAPAGO_X5SEA_0806_WWEMarket.apk

3. Copy the NaviSEA folder + PAPAGO_X5SEA_0806_WWEMarket.apk to your Android SD card root directory.
4. To match your screen resolution copy the nearest screen resolution of the installation
and paste it back to the same folder. Rename the copied folder to match your screen resolution.

eg.
Your screen resolution = 600x1024
Papago nearest screen resolution = 480X854
Copy and Paste the folder 480X854 into the same folder and rename it 600X1024. Do this for all folders in Organic

5. Install the SD card onto your Android unit.

6. Turn On the Android browse and go to SD card Root directory (MyPad).

7. Double click PAPAGO_X5SEA_0806_WWEMarket.apk and choose Android Installer to install Papago X5.

8. Run Spare Parts and Tick/Check Compatibility Mode. This will re-size the display to Full Screen.

9. Power down the Android and Re-Boot. Spare Parts requires a re-boot for Compatibility Mode to take effect

10. Run Papago X5 and select Trail to begin a journey of fun with Papago.

11. The downloaded Program files include the MfM map. Goto our map download section to get the latest Papago map.

12. If you find Papago X5 useful please go to the Android market to purchase it or buy it HERE

Don't forget to buy me Kopi too..... :mrgreen: This guide is specially made for the NPM GG and I'm not in any way affiliated with Papago or its Agents. Thank you for the attendance and interest in Papago X5
:tq:

By:- moeyhc/MfM NPM GG May 12, 2011

thanks for the guide will try it. or should try THAILAND version?

moeyhc
Valued Contributor

Postby moeyhc » Tue May 17, 2011 10:49 pm

MfM support is for My/Sg and Southern Thailand maps... If your priority is on the Thailand map then go ahead... both version should work on Android.

john pablo

Postby john pablo » Wed May 18, 2011 9:05 pm

hi..cant download it because when i want to download in my screen appeared Unsupported resolution resolution 480X720..already follow your instruction..
I'm using galaxy tab

moeyhc
Valued Contributor

Postby moeyhc » Thu May 19, 2011 10:14 am

john pablo wrote:hi..cant download it because when i want to download in my screen appeared Unsupported resolution resolution 480X720..already follow your instruction..
I'm using galaxy tab

Hi,

Downloading of the program files from Papago Taiwan does not trigger 'unsupported resolution' prompt. If it does then you have a problem with your PC. If you have followed all the instructions and your Tab prompt Unsupported Resolution during start-up and force stop then relook at "ALL" the resolution folders in your SD card. Resolution folders are found in the following location:-

- X:\NaviSEA\Organic
- X:\NaviSEA\Organic\CHT
- X:\NaviSEA\Organic\EN
- X:\NaviSEA\Organic\IND
- X:\NaviSEA\Organic\MAL

Hope this helps.... Cheers!

Return to “Library”