MFM-Garmin 100719 Feedback

Archive for previous discussions and feedback which are not relevant currently due to MFM's progress

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

navigator

Re: Free Malaysia & Singapore GPS Map: MFM-Garmin 100719

Postby navigator » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:38 am

sHawTY wrote:
navigator wrote:Update So I went ahead and download Free East Malaysia Topo Map: MFM-SRTMEM 090918 went and generate a standalone gmapsupp.img and put it in my n97mini e:\garmin

so I launch garmin in my phone go to browse map all I see are white lines...no poi nothing... can any body help me please...really hard for me...thanks...
Can someone please explain to this guy what he's doing wrong?
Heck, he didn't even bother to read the details on that Topo Map.

I'm too.... Mad at this guy to explain to him what he's doing wrong.
He didn't even bother to read the everything in the first post of that Topo Map topic before he downloaded it. Sheesh.

sorry woh... I really don't know which file to download...I did read it and thought it was the file I need...I even donloaded mapsource plus read the newbie session but I still don't quite understand..sorry for my stupidness as I'm in a hurry need to use to go outstation...and I super noob first time using symbian and gps...but I think I figured out...I just download the MFM-Garmin 100719 use the MFM build in generator tranfer the generated file to e:\garmin and I finally manage to get it working...sorry for the inconveniences cause....

so consider I have the latest map by downloading this right...using build in gnerator don't even need mapsource... need to download it ah???
Nokia N8 + Garmin Mobile XT

khfoo88

Postby khfoo88 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:01 am

navigator wrote:
sHawTY wrote:
navigator wrote:Update So I went ahead and download Free East Malaysia Topo Map: MFM-SRTMEM 090918 went and generate a standalone gmapsupp.img and put it in my n97mini e:\garmin

so I launch garmin in my phone go to browse map all I see are white lines...no poi nothing... can any body help me please...really hard for me...thanks...
Can someone please explain to this guy what he's doing wrong?
Heck, he didn't even bother to read the details on that Topo Map.

I'm too.... Mad at this guy to explain to him what he's doing wrong.
He didn't even bother to read the everything in the first post of that Topo Map topic before he downloaded it. Sheesh.

sorry woh... I really don't know which file to download...I did read it and thought it was the file I need...I even donloaded mapsource plus read the newbie session but I still don't quite understand..sorry for my stupidness as I'm in a hurry need to use to go outstation...and I super noob first time using symbian and gps...but I think I figured out...I just download the MFM-Garmin 100719 use the MFM build in generator tranfer the generated file to e:\garmin and I finally manage to get it working...sorry for the inconveniences cause....

so consider I have the latest map by downloading this right...using build in gnerator don't even need mapsource... need to download it ah???

yes you have the right map right now!! pls contributed if you have update POI or incorrect track

navigator

Postby navigator » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:18 am

khfoo88 wrote:yes you have the right map right now!! pls contributed if you have update POI or incorrect track
[/quote][/quote]

I will definately contribute but I must read first so when I understand how I will definitely contribute thanks for all the help...
Nokia N8 + Garmin Mobile XT

sandmanz
Contributor

Postby sandmanz » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:43 am

navigator wrote:I will definately contribute but I must read first so when I understand how I will definitely contribute thanks for all the help...

There's this saying in Al-Quran, Chapter 96, Verse 1 (Surah Al-Alaq)... correspondingly, it's the first sentence/word from the book downloaded from God to Prophet Muhammad, not via USB but through Gabriel.
ٱقۡرَأۡ بِٱسۡمِ رَبِّكَ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَ
Translation: "Read, in the name of thy Lord Who createth"

Welcome to the community bro navigator.. :)
:tq: :rox:
"Be the change you want to see in the world"

terendak

Postby terendak » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:48 am

O:) very nice work.. =D>

cynide
Contributor

Postby cynide » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:02 am

Glad your prob is solved bro navigator & :welcome: to MFM. :thumbsup:

terendak

Postby terendak » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:10 am

cynide wrote:Glad your prob is solved bro navigator & :welcome: to MFM. :thumbsup:

:wink: yeah..sure dis ting will help me lot during traveling..nice to know all of u.. :thumbsup:

tks

Postby tks » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:14 pm

Guys, may I ask what the various options are for?

1. Exclude coloured polygons - I think this refers to excluding the colourful building outlines? Means no colour or no polygons at all?

2. Include Misc Business POI - I don't understand this. Care to explain?

3. Include Road POI - Does this mean that the road name is included and searcheable under POI, and if not included, then searcheable only under "address"?

4. Include Chinese Language POI - I don't understand this. Care to explain? Meaning some POIs in chinese characters included? If so, must use chinese language to search?

5. Enable custom POI display - I think this is a special feature to enable custom POIs like Shell, Esso to display on Nuvi 1460 etc? But it does not seem to work, I think.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

OngCC
Senior Mapper

Postby OngCC » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:26 pm

tks wrote:Guys, may I ask what the various options are for?

1. Exclude coloured polygons - I think this refers to excluding the colourful building outlines? Means no colour or no polygons at all?
Not exclude all, but still with minimum polygons installed.

tks wrote:2. Include Misc Business POI - I don't understand this. Care to explain?
A few types had been extracted out into this category, please include this to prevent any 'not found'.

tks wrote:3. Include Road POI - Does this mean that the road name is included and searcheable under POI, and if not included, then searcheable only under "address"?
Yes.

tks wrote:4. Include Chinese Language POI - I don't understand this. Care to explain? Meaning some POIs in chinese characters included? If so, must use chinese language to search?
Yes.

tks wrote:5. Enable custom POI display - I think this is a special feature to enable custom POIs like Shell, Esso to display on Nuvi 1460 etc? But it does not seem to work, I think.
Yes, but not sure which devices are not working well.
Upload your contribution to MFM drop box if you don't want others to take your contributed tracklogs or POIs.
http://www.malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11630

tks

Postby tks » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:57 pm

Thanks.

1, 2 & 3. I included all.

4. Chose to exclude since I don't search Chinese language POI. Discovered that I save about 200Kb when I exclude this. But noticed that comparing map with same features, this 100719 map is smaller in file size compared to 100705 map. I wonder why. When all options selected, 97,780Kb compared with 97,872Kb.

5. Shell, Esso, Caltex custom icons. I recall when I tried on Nuvi 1460, they do not appear in Navigation mode. No problem on my GMXT on N95.

One other question. when I check my Map Sets, there is one MFM-Garmin 100718 but two Mfm POI 100718. What is the difference between the two?

Return to “Archive (Garmin)”