MFM-Garmin 100503 feedback

Archive for previous discussions and feedback which are not relevant currently due to MFM's progress

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

dvpro

Re: Free Malaysia & Singapore GPS Map: MFM-Garmin 100503

Postby dvpro » Fri May 07, 2010 7:31 am

cmhor wrote:I restarted my Garmin and tried to load the new map from Tools-Settings-Map-Map Info, the new map is not there in the Map-Info screen, although the updated gmapsupp.img file is residing in the SD card.

Subsequnetly, I deleted the gmapsupp.img file and copy the old gmapsupp.img from my backup to the SD card in an attempt to retrieve my old map (100202), but my Garmin still unable to recognize it from the SD card. Only my MSM map in the memory of the Garmin shown up in the Map-Info screen.

Please advise what to do.

Thanks.

Without inserting the SD card into Nuvi, can you confirm that only MSM is listed at Tools > Settings > Map > Map Info?

Can you also verify that Nuvi is able to read data from SD card? Just copy a Custom POI file (*.GPI) into SD card:\Garmin\POI folder, and then while booting up (with the card inserted), Nuvi should ask whether to copy available data into main memory.
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

cmhor

Postby cmhor » Fri May 07, 2010 6:49 pm

Without inserting the SD card into Nuvi, can you confirm that only MSM is listed at Tools > Settings > Map > Map Info?

Can you also verify that Nuvi is able to read data from SD card? Just copy a Custom POI file (*.GPI) into SD card:\Garmin\POI folder, and then while booting up (with the card inserted), Nuvi should ask whether to copy available data into main memory.

Did you made a full backup of the Garmin folder? Try to restore to this full backup to test again.

After reading your suggestion, I realized my mistake -- I have inadvertently deleted the Garmin folder in the SD card and saved the new gmapsupp.img file in the root directory of my SD card, as such my Garmin could not find the file.

I have corrected the mistake and now everything is OK as usual. :tq:

Thank you dvpro and tom12 for your prompt advice. You guys here are really helpful.

:peace: :rox: :peace:

tks

Postby tks » Fri May 07, 2010 8:22 pm

tom12 wrote:
buzzlie wrote:Hello friend. I am new here.

Noticed that there are downloads for normal map and lite map. Any particular differences between these two besides their sizes?

So am I new here, but I managed to read through bit by bit instead of getting spoon feed.

buzzlie, the link for the lite map clearly explains why it is lite. Do read it and the post after that. Explanation is also found on page 1 of this thread.

simseair
Valued Contributor

Postby simseair » Fri May 07, 2010 11:50 pm

Wow, the MFM map has hit 211,520 KB as compared with 181,184 KB with the contour maps. Congratulations.

kimbali

Postby kimbali » Sat May 08, 2010 10:42 am

Hi team, i have loaded new maps and it is not autorouting when trying to go from Pavilion Shopping in KL to Bukit Gasing Hanging Bridge. Everything else seems OK, but this is creating some strange results, like the locations are not linked. Using Nuvi 660, thanks

dvpro

Postby dvpro » Sat May 08, 2010 11:07 am

kimbali wrote:Hi team, i have loaded new maps and it is not autorouting when trying to go from Pavilion Shopping in KL to Bukit Gasing Hanging Bridge. Everything else seems OK, but this is creating some strange results, like the locations are not linked. Using Nuvi 660, thanks

You are correct, (walking) trails are deliberately disconnected from main routable roads for the obvious reasons. If you are routing to a POI that lies near a (routable) trail, manually adjust the destination to a spot nearer to the main routable road.
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

tycosum

Postby tycosum » Sat May 08, 2010 3:41 pm

HI BRO I JUST BROUGHT A M3GPSX5SE. MAY I NOE HW TO CHECK WAT IS THE MODEL AND HW TO UPDATE LATEST MAP.
TKS :-?

Return to “Archive (Garmin)”