MFM-Garmin 100301 feedback

Archive for previous discussions and feedback which are not relevant currently due to MFM's progress

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

dvpro

Re: Free Malaysia & Singapore GPS Map: MFM-Garmin 100301

Postby dvpro » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:18 pm

kkcharles82 wrote:map loaded into Nuvi 765. Polygons can be seen, routing can be done, but roads almost all missing. Only some major roads and patchy areas contains roads that can be seen.

dvpro wrote:Guys, this current release has been known to have bugs, and until it is fixed, please revert to previous version.

As a workaround for users that are experiencing overlapped roads by polygons, pls generate the map by excluding polygons.
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

antyong (retired)
Site Admin (retired)

Postby antyong (retired) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:47 am

wearwolf wrote:POI Custom Icons are coming out OK on the GMXT.
Missing roads in Mapsource & Basecamp as earlier reported due to the polygons issue; but no effect on the visual output on GMXT. Will try later with Dakota; but i doubt that should have problems.

@ ANTYONG
Noticed that there's no mention or documentation/explanation on what the "Miscellanous Business POI" is in the GMAPSUPP creation. Could this be the missing link in some of the nuvi's not showing POI custom icons?

"Miscellanous Business POI" are optional POIs such as laundry, pet shop, etc. No official documentation because not official standard yet.

antyong (retired)
Site Admin (retired)

Postby antyong (retired) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:49 am

kb27 wrote:
dvpro wrote:
kb27 wrote:As Thailand map is building up, the map is getting bigger and bigger.

Since not all of us download Thailand map all the time or need to, maybe it should be split up, if possible.

You can always use Mapsource to exclude any map tiles you wish to leave out. BTW, it makes sense to present the map as whole (rather by sections) if the map of the neighboring country/section is connected by routable roads.

Sorry, I meant as in server loads, if the map was able to split into SG/MY and Thailand, then maybe 80% of the people not interested in Thai map at the moment does not need to download the whole complete package, thus saving bandwidth.

It may not be much at the moment, but as Thai map grows, it might add another 100MB to the downloads.

The intention is split the Thai map when it gets too big. Currently it is only 3.5MB so no worries yet.

miezarnd
Valued Contributor

Postby miezarnd » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:14 am

dvpro wrote:
lls wrote:I've notice some of the custom POI didn't display on my nuvi 205w when in NAVIGATION mode, but when i touch & drag the map , all custom poi display PERFECTLY. Is there any others nuvi model have a same problem :-k

firzan wrote:It happened to me too on my 205w #-o

I noticed the same thing on my Nuvi710 too, but I think it's deliberately made that way, I mean to reduce clutter by not displaying non-essential POIs when in navigation mode. However, that's only my assumption and I could be wrong.

Hi mappers,

1. On Nuvi 205W (Local MY/SG) all custom icon displayed as same level as generic icon. No 'Exclamation marks'.
2. On Nuvi 1460, certain icon not displayed ie. KFC, A&W etc. Bank Icons also not displayed. (both in 2D & 3D views) Please note that I tested with Map Detail set to 'Most'.

Thanks.

* Still cannot see item 2 above after installing the fix. Probably I need to use the map generator instead of using Mapsource to create gmapsupp.img so that the icon appears? *
Last edited by miezarnd on Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Temerloh - Sekinchan - Sg. Puyu = 7
2575LM / 4592LM / GPSMAP 64s / Montana 650

dvpro

Postby dvpro » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:06 am

OK, the fix is available now.
viewtopic.php?p=100554&f=2#p100554
antyong wrote:MFM-Garmin 100301 Fix is available for download. This fix will enable custom icon display on newer Nuvi models and fix map display problem on Mapsource.

And as it's only a patch, MFM 100301 needs to be installed in the first place, so you should not uninstall MFM 100301 if you have installed it previously.

And here's a couple of mirrors, one of them in RAR for users that are unable to download EXE files:

MFM-Garmin-100301-FIX.exe
MFM-Garmin-100301-FIX.rar
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

sandmanz
Contributor

Postby sandmanz » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:25 am

dvpro wrote:OK, the fix is available now.
http://malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?p= ... =2#p100554
antyong wrote:MFM-Garmin 100301 Fix is available for download. This fix will enable custom icon display on newer Nuvi models and fix map display problem on Mapsource.

And as it's only a patch, MFM 100301 needs to be installed in the first place, so you should not uninstall MFM 100301 if you have installed it previously.

Bro antyong & dvpro.. :good: on the quick FIX.. got a few questions and feedback:
1. As I am having no problem with my nuvi200, do i need this FIX?
2. Please refer to attached graphic, when trying to install, noticed that when I placed the cursor to the box for the enable custom icon display, the message box appears as if the box is for "include Chinese language POI". Also for the map display customization, when tick another box, the previous tick did not dissapear. However, function wise I think no problem.

:tq: :good: :rox:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Be the change you want to see in the world"

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:25 am

Bro Antyong, :good: on the custom POI. Now viewable on my Taiwan born 765 :thumbsup:

duke17
Champion Polygon Mapper
Champion Polygon Mapper

Postby duke17 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:24 am

:tq: Bro antyong. Earlier problems solved. :good:
Garmin Montana 650; Nuvi 2575RLM; BMW Navigator V; Nuvi 205; Garmin Edge 1000; mfm

J-Slade

Postby J-Slade » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:10 am

Guys I got this question.... I think I have experienced this since long time ago on my GMXT and now my Nuvi 205W. Whenever there is an overpass/flyover.. the route always ask us to bear left go down to the traffic light and then join back on the road again after pass the traffic light.. not sure if u guys understand what i mean... why is it the routing doesn't know to ask us to just go straight on the flyover... many times edi i experience this
Nokia 5800 XpressMusic loaded with Garmin Mobile XT loaded with mfm
www.KnowMoreStuff.com
Everyone wants to know more stuff... Don't you?

miezarnd
Valued Contributor

Postby miezarnd » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:38 am

J-Slade wrote:Guys I got this question.... I think I have experienced this since long time ago on my GMXT and now my Nuvi 205W. Whenever there is an overpass/flyover.. the route always ask us to bear left go down to the traffic light and then join back on the road again after pass the traffic light.. not sure if u guys understand what i mean... why is it the routing doesn't know to ask us to just go straight on the flyover... many times edi i experience this

J-Slade,
Which setting you use for navigation? This usually happens when we set as "Shortest Route". But this is based on my experience la. When I set as "Fastest Route", routing stays on current road without having to pass the TL as what you've mentioned.

I think... :-'
Temerloh - Sekinchan - Sg. Puyu = 7
2575LM / 4592LM / GPSMAP 64s / Montana 650

Return to “Archive (Garmin)”