MFM-Garmin 100201 feedback

Archive for previous discussions and feedback which are not relevant currently due to MFM's progress

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

AW*
Valued Contributor

Re: Free Malaysia & Singapore GPS Map: MFM-Garmin 100201

Postby AW* » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:38 pm

hi, i'm not sure whether i did anything wrong. i installed mfm 100201 as usual but this time i notice there's two selections of MFM CUstom POI 100201.

is anyone else experiencing the same "anomaly"? will it adversely my nuvi?

thanks
" The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." - Mahatma Ghandi
" In matters of conscience, the law of majority has no place." - Mahatma Ghandi

255W,1460, 2465 & 2465LM

dvpro

Postby dvpro » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:34 pm

joey180 wrote:Could it be one of it is for the new Business POI, which option i selected during setup?

thomashley wrote:i installed mfm 100201 as usual but this time i notice there's two selections of MFM CUstom POI 100201.

Yes, one is MFM POIs map, the other one is MFM Misc Business POIs map.
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

antyong (retired)
Site Admin (retired)

Postby antyong (retired) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:32 am

joey180 wrote:
dvpro wrote:Right now I don't have any Garmin devices to verify, but when I combined MFM map with MFM topo map and use it in GMXT, everything seems fine. Anyway, how was the combined map generated and which device are you using to view the map?
I just tested in GMXT and the map appears ok as well. (But why have 2 Mfm Poi 100201 listed under "map sets, mapSource" menu? curious :-? ) The garmin model i have is Nuvi 765 and i have used both the setup programs and GmapTool to combine the maps with same results. However if i untick Mfm-Srtm in the device, then the roads will appear fine. Also, i dont think the reason is system lag because i leave the PND on for more than 5 minutes for the roads to appear without success.

Please use gmaptool and set the srtm map to transparent and let us know whether this works.

:tq:

eagles_j24

Postby eagles_j24 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:40 pm

Hi Guys, thanks for the effort for updating the maps consistently! :good:

I just bought a Garmin 255W y'day from an authorized dealer in S'pore (preloaded with Malsingmap & City Navigator that comes with Junction View) & went in to Garmin website to register the product.

I downloaded their maps & tried to update the Junction View & at the end, the City Navigation was wiped off & whenever I turned on the GPS, it says "Can't Unlock Maps". I went in to Garmin Communicator Plugin & they identified my device as illegal.

Question:
1) How do I restore it to the original settings with Malsingmaps & City Navigator that comes with Junction Guide?
2) I dare not replace the pre-installed Malsingmaps with MFM (malfreemaps) cos I heard that will void the warranty, is it true?
3) In order not to void the warranty & at the same time use MFM maps on SD card (cos you have the latest updates), I downloaded the MFM-Garmin 100201 maps & copied the gmapsupp.img into an SD card & slotted into the GPS but couldn't see it on Map Info. What's wrong?

Thank you guys in advance for answering my questions! :wink:

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:07 pm

eagles_j24 wrote:Hi Guys, thanks for the effort for updating the maps consistently! :good:

I just bought a Garmin 255W y'day from an authorized dealer in S'pore (preloaded with Malsingmap & City Navigator that comes with Junction View) & went in to Garmin website to register the product.

I downloaded their maps & tried to update the Junction View & at the end, the City Navigation was wiped off & whenever I turned on the GPS, it says "Can't Unlock Maps". I went in to Garmin Communicator Plugin & they identified my device as illegal.

Question:
1) How do I restore it to the original settings with Malsingmaps & City Navigator that comes with Junction Guide?
Have you made a backup before updating ? If not then you are out of luck. Contact Garmin Distributor Navicom Technology for assistance

2) I dare not replace the pre-installed Malsingmaps with MFM (malfreemaps) cos I heard that will void the warranty, is it true?
Make a full backup. If you update from official site Garmin Singapore site, then it should not void warranty

3) In order not to void the warranty & at the same time use MFM maps on SD card (cos you have the latest updates), I downloaded the MFM-Garmin 100201 maps & copied the gmapsupp.img into
an SD card & slotted into the GPS but couldn't see it on Map Info. What's wrong?
Please confirm that the file gmapsupp.img is copied into the SD card /garmin subdirectory

eagles_j24

Postby eagles_j24 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:00 pm

silverbeauty wrote:
eagles_j24 wrote:Hi Guys, thanks for the effort for updating the maps consistently! :good:

Question:
Have you made a backup before updating ? If not then you are out of luck. Contact Garmin Distributor Navicom Technology for assistance

Make a full backup. If you update from official site Garmin Singapore site, then it should not void warranty

3) In order not to void the warranty & at the same time use MFM maps on SD card (cos you have the latest updates), I downloaded the MFM-Garmin 100201 maps & copied the gmapsupp.img into
an SD card & slotted into the GPS but couldn't see it on Map Info. What's wrong?
Please confirm that the file gmapsupp.img is copied into the SD card /garmin subdirectory

For 3), where is the garmin subdirectory found?

ahsee

Postby ahsee » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:53 pm

dvpro wrote:
joey180 wrote:Could it be one of it is for the new Business POI, which option i selected during setup?

thomashley wrote:i installed mfm 100201 as usual but this time i notice there's two selections of MFM CUstom POI 100201.

Yes, one is MFM POIs map, the other one is MFM Misc Business POIs map.

wat it for?

adrianyujs

Postby adrianyujs » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:24 pm

The race has started!!!!!!!!!!!! :tease: :tease:

tuah
Champion Tracker
Champion Tracker

Postby tuah » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:47 pm

adrianyujs wrote:The race has started!!!!!!!!!!!! :tease: :tease:

:tease: :mrgreen: