MFM-Garmin 091207 feedback

Archive for previous discussions and feedback which are not relevant currently due to MFM's progress

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

User avatar
ad4rum
Posts: 85
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:07 am
Location: Singapore (GMXT Symbian v5.00.60)

Re: Free Malaysia & Singapore GPS Map: MFM-Garmin 091207

Postby ad4rum » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:52 pm

tks wrote:My explanation only applies if you are using GMXT. If you are using Nuvi, then look at the answers given in the posts above.

When I say more than one map, I mean for example MFM map as gmapsupp.img, and the rest (e.g. MSM, Garmin or Teleatlas) either as gmapsup2.img or gmapprom.img. I am referring to the situation where you may have selected the MFM map and the other maps are not selected, but the POIs in those maps will still show up in your searches. And if the same POI is found in all the maps, there will be duplicate or triplicate results. Ion Orchard appears only probably because it is found only in one of the maps.

A picture is worth more than a thousand words. So, if you still do not follow my explanation, I will post some screen shots later.

But if you are using GMXT and you only have one img file in your Garmin folder and absolutely no other img file, then I don't have the answer for you.

Yes i'm using GMXT Symbian and only have 1 img file in my Garmin folder.
perhaps you can do a search on your GMXT and see if you faced the same issue with the duplicate results.
try searching for "Maju Camp".

User avatar
fir3f0x
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 1:06 am
Location: KayEl & PeeJay
Contact:

Re: Free Malaysia & Singapore GPS Map: MFM-Garmin 091207

Postby fir3f0x » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:37 pm

silverbeauty wrote:
fir3f0x wrote:thanks. btw, i wanted to ask if is there anyone facing the 'duplicating pois' problem? i just found out this recently. e.g when i go into american under food or transits, it will gives me repeated pois like this.

p/s: found out the solution lies in the mfm poi under map option. when i untick it, everything goes back to normal. now i wondering what is the mfm poi option for since the pois were already merged into the map in the first place? sorry for asking this if its been answered before.
344.jpg



I check on my Nuvi 765, the POI does not duplicate as what you experienced.

What device are you using and can you do a print out of the /garmin directory and post here.


for my case, im using garmin 255w (taiwan set flashed to my/sg). and i only have one map - gmapsupp.img (mfm). hope it helps.

and here is my screenshot inside my $:/garmin.
garmin.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by fir3f0x on Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

pauke99
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:14 pm
Location: garmin nuvi 1460

Re: Free Malaysia & Singapore GPS Map: MFM-Garmin 091207

Postby pauke99 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:09 pm

there is no problem with MFM091123 version(only need to set country when search address),thats y now i use back MFM091123.no like version after that got double result everywhere... ](*,)

p/s: where can i download older version that only have one file(only MFM garmin, and dun have MFM poi)??
i think the problem is come from MFM poi file, coz when uncheck it, then no more double result,but its effect address search with no map data.... ](*,)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
tks
Posts: 181
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:09 am
Location: East Coast, Singapore

Re: Free Malaysia & Singapore GPS Map: MFM-Garmin 091207

Postby tks » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:13 pm

ad4rum wrote:Yes i'm using GMXT Symbian and only have 1 img file in my Garmin folder.
perhaps you can do a search on your GMXT and see if you faced the same issue with the duplicate results.
try searching for "Maju Camp".


Are you certain you only have 1 img file in your Garmin folder? Can you take a look again? It can be gmapsupp.img, gmapprom.img, gmapprom1.img or gmapsup2.img.

Anyway, when I have only MFM 091207 in my Garmin folder, my search for "Maju Camp" gives only 1 result. Just to prove to you, I have attached the image in Picture 1.

When I have both MFM 091207 and City Navigator Singapore in my Garmin folder, but with only the MFM map enabled, my search for "Maju Camp" gives 3 results. The first two are from the City Navigator map, the last one is from the MFM map.

Picture 2 - both maps in Garmin directory but only MFM map selected
Picture 3 - search results showing POIs from both maps

You will note that only the MFM map, and not the City Navigator map, has the ""Maju Camp" itself POI with tank. If for example, both maps have this same POI, then there will be duplicate results, which is what I was trying to explain.

So I think you actually have more than 2 maps in your Garmin folder (can you check the files in your Garmin folder or look at Tools > Manage My Data > Map Sets > MapSource?) both of which have "Maju Camp" POI. Or maybe your map somehow has two Maju Camp POI (what is your map file size?)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
tks
Posts: 181
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:09 am
Location: East Coast, Singapore

Re: Free Malaysia & Singapore GPS Map: MFM-Garmin 091207

Postby tks » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:16 pm

pauke99 wrote:there is no problem with MFM091123 version(only need to set country when search address),thats y now i use back MFM091123.no like version after that got double result everywhere... ](*,)

p/s: where can i download older version that only have one file(only MFM garmin, and dun have MFM poi)??
i think the problem is come from MFM poi file, coz when uncheck it, then no more double result,but its effect address search with no map data.... ](*,)


I see from your screenshot that you have more than one map in your Garmin folder. Do the following and see whether you still get double result:

1. Rename the MSM and City Navigator map to something unreadable by the device e.g. add XXX- infront of the filename, or copy out the files to another place or folder. Make sure the maps are not readable and do not appear in your list of maps, and that it shows only one map, the MFM map and the MFM POI.

2. Shutdown and startup your device, if you have not already done so.

3. Do your search again

pauke99
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:14 pm
Location: garmin nuvi 1460

Re: Free Malaysia & Singapore GPS Map: MFM-Garmin 091207

Postby pauke99 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:42 pm

tks wrote:
pauke99 wrote:there is no problem with MFM091123 version(only need to set country when search address),thats y now i use back MFM091123.no like version after that got double result everywhere... ](*,)

p/s: where can i download older version that only have one file(only MFM garmin, and dun have MFM poi)??
i think the problem is come from MFM poi file, coz when uncheck it, then no more double result,but its effect address search with no map data.... ](*,)


I see from your screenshot that you have more than one map in your Garmin folder. Do the following and see whether you still get double result:

1. Rename the MSM and City Navigator map to something unreadable by the device e.g. add XXX- infront of the filename, or copy out the files to another place or folder. Make sure the maps are not readable and do not appear in your list of maps, and that it shows only one map, the MFM map and the MFM POI.

2. Shutdown and startup your device, if you have not already done so.

3. Do your search again



MSM and City Navigator map is come with my original set.
all the while all search no problem before MFM091123 version.
that y the point not on have how many map.
somemore...i need all those map, coz each map have thier own funtion.

User avatar
tks
Posts: 181
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:09 am
Location: East Coast, Singapore

Re: Free Malaysia & Singapore GPS Map: MFM-Garmin 091207

Postby tks » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:49 pm

pauke99 wrote:MSM and City Navigator map is come with my original set.
all the while all search no problem before MFM091123 version.
that y the point not on have how many map.
somemore...i need all those map, coz each map have thier own funtion.


I am not asking you to delete your other maps permanently. I am suggesting that you temporarily disable them to isolate the problem. My suspicion is that it is caused by multiple maps of the same region. Yes, the problem does not affect all maps. So, it may not have affected the MFM091123 version that you used previously.

After that, you can rename your other maps back to their original names. Anyway, this is just a suggestion for your consideration.

User avatar
tks
Posts: 181
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:09 am
Location: East Coast, Singapore

Re: Free Malaysia & Singapore GPS Map: MFM-Garmin 091207

Postby tks » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:03 pm

ad4rum wrote:Yes i'm using GMXT Symbian and only have 1 img file in my Garmin folder.
perhaps you can do a search on your GMXT and see if you faced the same issue with the duplicate results.
try searching for "Maju Camp".


ad4rum,

What the heck! I just want to tell you that after playing around with GMXT, selecting/deselecting the MFM POI file, I now ended up with the exact same problem that you have mentioned. A search for "Maju Camp" now gives me two results, even though I have only one single map file in my Garmin folder.

I don't know why. Maybe memory corruption or something. Maybe you passed the "virus" to me. I am going to sleep now.. cannot think anymore.

User avatar
ad4rum
Posts: 85
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:07 am
Location: Singapore (GMXT Symbian v5.00.60)

Re: Free Malaysia & Singapore GPS Map: MFM-Garmin 091207

Postby ad4rum » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:11 pm

tks wrote:
ad4rum wrote:Yes i'm using GMXT Symbian and only have 1 img file in my Garmin folder.
perhaps you can do a search on your GMXT and see if you faced the same issue with the duplicate results.
try searching for "Maju Camp".


ad4rum,

What the heck! I just want to tell you that after playing around with GMXT, selecting/deselecting the MFM POI file, I now ended up with the exact same problem that you have mentioned. A search for "Maju Camp" now gives me two results, even though I have only one single map file in my Garmin folder.

I don't know why. Maybe memory corruption or something. Maybe you passed the "virus" to me. I am going to sleep now.. cannot think anymore.

Thanks for the info.
So confirmed the issue is with MFM-Garmin 091207.
Previous version no such problem.
then again, its not really a BIG problem, MFM-Garmin still rocks!

User avatar
tks
Posts: 181
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:09 am
Location: East Coast, Singapore

Re: Free Malaysia & Singapore GPS Map: MFM-Garmin 091207

Postby tks » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:27 pm

hi ad4rum,

Just to clarify. With this latest map, I did not have the problem at first, as can be seen from the screen shots above. It was only after toying around with the settings, that somehow I ended up with this problem. I don't know why and how. Maybe nothing wrong with the map. Something wrong with something we did.


Return to “Archive (Garmin)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests