MFM-Garmin 091207 feedback

Archive for previous discussions and feedback which are not relevant currently due to MFM's progress

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

tks

Re: Free Malaysia & Singapore GPS Map: MFM-Garmin 091207

Postby tks » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:32 pm

ad4rum wrote:
pauke99 wrote:where to?-cities
the search result all become double.

Using where to? -> Points of Interest -> Spell Name ->
and finding "Maju Camp", "Singapore Zoo", "National Library Board", "Bukit Batok Swimming Complex" all results appeared twice. :-?

But "Ion Orchard" showed correctly with only 1 result.

That's because you have two maps in your Garmin folder. I find that when using GMXT, POIs from the other maps will also show up in your search, even though the other maps may not be selected. In the case of Ion Orchard, the reason is that the other map does not have this POI.

lanz
Contributor

Postby lanz » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:16 am

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Thank you guys! I can see all the previous icon and POIs.

cmhor

Postby cmhor » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:43 am

Downloaded. Thank you for the update. :thumbsup:

nazri14
Valued Contributor

Postby nazri14 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:45 am

:tq: :good:
Asus P320 (Garmin Mobile XT)
Nuvi 200 (patched)
Iphone 4 (Papago 8.2)

fir3f0x

Postby fir3f0x » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:40 pm

thanks. btw, i wanted to ask if is there anyone facing the 'duplicating pois' problem? i just found out this recently. e.g when i go into american under food or transits, it will gives me repeated pois like this.

p/s: found out the solution lies in the mfm poi under map option. when i untick it, everything goes back to normal. now i wondering what is the mfm poi option for since the pois were already merged into the map in the first place? sorry for asking this if its been answered before.
344.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:57 pm

fir3f0x wrote:thanks. btw, i wanted to ask if is there anyone facing the 'duplicating pois' problem? i just found out this recently. e.g when i go into american under food or transits, it will gives me repeated pois like this.

p/s: found out the solution lies in the mfm poi under map option. when i untick it, everything goes back to normal. now i wondering what is the mfm poi option for since the pois were already merged into the map in the first place? sorry for asking this if its been answered before.
344.jpg

I check on my Nuvi 765, the POI does not duplicate as what you experienced.

What device are you using and can you do a print out of the /garmin directory and post here.

pauke99

Postby pauke99 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:09 pm

fir3f0x wrote:thanks. btw, i wanted to ask if is there anyone facing the 'duplicating pois' problem? i just found out this recently. e.g when i go into american under food or transits, it will gives me repeated pois like this.

344.jpg

i facing same thing with u, double result for all the interested poi search and cites search.
p/s: if untick the mfm poi, then show no map data available in address search.
i'm using nuvi 1460.

pauke99

Postby pauke99 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:27 pm

in all transit,its become road name result
27943.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ad4rum

Postby ad4rum » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:34 pm

tks wrote:
ad4rum wrote:
pauke99 wrote:where to?-cities
the search result all become double.

Using where to? -> Points of Interest -> Spell Name ->
and finding "Maju Camp", "Singapore Zoo", "National Library Board", "Bukit Batok Swimming Complex" all results appeared twice. :-?

But "Ion Orchard" showed correctly with only 1 result.

That's because you have two maps in your Garmin folder. I find that when using GMXT, POIs from the other maps will also show up in your search, even though the other maps may not be selected. In the case of Ion Orchard, the reason is that the other map does not have this POI.

two maps as in?
there can only be 1 GMAPSUPP.IMG in Garmin folder, how to have 2 maps?
also GMAPSUPP.IMG is the only .IMG file i got in that folder.
pls clarify, thanks

tks

Postby tks » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:43 pm

My explanation only applies if you are using GMXT. If you are using Nuvi, then look at the answers given in the posts above.

When I say more than one map, I mean for example MFM map as gmapsupp.img, and the rest (e.g. MSM, Garmin or Teleatlas) either as gmapsup2.img or gmapprom.img. I am referring to the situation where you may have selected the MFM map and the other maps are not selected, but the POIs in those maps will still show up in your searches. And if the same POI is found in all the maps, there will be duplicate or triplicate results. Ion Orchard appears only probably because it is found only in one of the maps.

A picture is worth more than a thousand words. So, if you still do not follow my explanation, I will post some screen shots later.

But if you are using GMXT and you only have one img file in your Garmin folder and absolutely no other img file, then I don't have the answer for you.

Return to “Archive (Garmin)”