MFM-Garmin 091116 feedback

Archive for previous discussions and feedback which are not relevant currently due to MFM's progress

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

badrol
Polygon Mapper

Re: Free Malaysia & Singapore GPS Map: MFM-Garmin 091116

Postby badrol » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:47 pm

chaicka wrote:Haiz... More and more post in Malay. There are members who can't read Malayu leh...

don't think this should be a problem as they are also members who do not understand english. let them use language that they are comfortable with as long as the mesage is clear. don't want them to just post a question that no one can understand. if any one need the message to be translated, i'm sure others are more than willing to help.
ImageImageImage

keong8260
Regional Mapper
Location: Alor Setar (60CSx, Nuvi, Papago, Polnav, Galactio, Compass, Parang, Gun)

Postby keong8260 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:55 pm

badrol wrote:
chaicka wrote:Haiz... More and more post in Malay. There are members who can't read Malayu leh...

don't think this should be a problem as they are also members who do not understand english. let them use language that they are comfortable with as long as the mesage is clear. don't want them to just post a question that no one can understand. if any one need the message to be translated, i'm sure others are more than willing to help.

I think all languages are welcome... as long as the message or question is clear, there are people who can understand and answer in English, Malay and Chinese. :mrgreen:

English ===> Can
Bahasa Malayu ===> Boleh
华语 ===〉 能

TTsoon2008

Postby TTsoon2008 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:38 pm

Hi,

I downloaded and install the map. However, there appears to be something wrong with the POI search. For interest, I entered a search for "WONG MEE KEE" a popular roast pork restaurant in Jalan Nyonya, Pudu. However, the map was unable to return any results. The previous version of the map did not have this problem.

Perhaps you can check this and fix any indexing problem in the POI.

Thank you.

Regards,

TT Soon

eaglef18

Postby eaglef18 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:52 pm

Hi everyone...hoping to get some help and advise here. I downloaded the latest map on my Nuvi 205. installation was fine no problem, but well I restart the GPS, it hand at the updating map page with the green bar only at half mark. Let the unit startup for a while but no response.

Same even after the soft reset.... Can any bro advise on this....Thanks in advanced. :tq:

dvpro

Postby dvpro » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:59 pm

Bro Eaglef18, maybe the map installed is somehow corrupted which led to a non-bootable Nuvi. If you can connect it to PC and get it detected as USB mass storage, browse to \Garmin folder of Nuvi and delete GMAPSUPP.IMG and try to turn on Nuvi and see whether that helps. If it won't be detected at all as a drive, get a memory card, create a \Garmin folder within the root directory of the card, and place a valid GMAPSUPP.IMG (you can get this IMG file from C:\Garmin\Malfreemaps, if you have installed MFM at the default location) inside that folder and proceed with connecting it to PC as above (to delete corrupted GMAPSUPP.IMG inside internal drive). If all is fine after the procedure, and if you don't want to use the data card, copy and paste the working GMAPSUPP.IMG into \Garmin folder of Nuvi, and remove the card.
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

yet_twy88

Postby yet_twy88 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:35 pm

really a nice guide! trying now... my first time to use garmin, on omnia...
hope it works. haha. thanks here!

eaglef18

Postby eaglef18 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:24 pm

Hi DVPro, thanks for the advice. Will try again. What I have done is I used the default install in the HDD and copied the map file into the memory stick, but doesn't work then. but when I copied back to previous working map file, no problem.

But will try again. Thanks. :tq:

pauke99

Postby pauke99 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:34 am

my nuvi 1460 after update firmware to V2.20,with mfm091116,when press 'where am i', then 1460 will auto shutdown.
any solution??? ](*,)

jwkong

Postby jwkong » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:57 pm

Hi,

i am new here and new GPS owner.....

its been great looking around..

MFM definitely works out to be one of Malaysia greatest forum and provider.
Even my recommended me...

Thank you so much for all the maps....
Witout you all ...i'm lost..... in Malaysia...

hehehehe

zaimi_13

Postby zaimi_13 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:41 pm

Hi,

i am new here and new GPS owner,
after i download n send the maps in to my GPS, after that, my GPS got hanging.. the GPS is loading maps n i cnt turn of..

plz help me..

Return to “Archive (Garmin)”