Custom POI Download - Police Speed Traps (V5.2)(120406)

Feedback for our road information and food recommendation POIs

Moderators: wwloon, alharis299, Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. This forum is strictly for feedback to our custom POIs
3. NO posting of data copied from other source especially malsingmaps
4. NO abuse, profanity and insults
5. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
dvpro

Re: Custom POI download - Police Speed Traps

Postby dvpro » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:25 pm

chew85 wrote:ty bro stratman2 for the sharring! and i want to know is gmxt does not suppot .gpi file?

No problem using this GPI in GMXT, only the voice alert is not supported, come to think of that maybe Bro Stratman2 can also create GPI without voice alerts. Apart from the smaller size, it can also be useful for supported Nuvis who just need the default tones (not sure with other models, but my Nuvi710 can only enable/disable Proximity Points, no further settings to select type of alert).
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

stratman2
Valued Contributor
Location: P. Jaya with Garmin Nuvi 310, eTrex Vista HCx and HTC Incredible S + PapaGo X5 :-)

Postby stratman2 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:58 pm

dvpro wrote:
chew85 wrote:ty bro stratman2 for the sharring! and i want to know is gmxt does not suppot .gpi file?

No problem using this GPI in GMXT, only the voice alert is not supported, come to think of that maybe Bro Stratman2 can also create GPI without voice alerts. Apart from the smaller size, it can also be useful for supported Nuvis who just need the default tones (not sure with other models, but my Nuvi710 can only enable/disable Proximity Points, no further settings to select type of alert).

Bro Dvpro, can GMXT devices display embedded photos and BMP icons in GPI files? If they can, GMXT users can choose the MP3 version as the MP3 file itself doesn't present much of an overhead. All my MP3 clips are single-channel mono (not stereo) and sampled at 96kbps to optimize file space. :wink:
cheers,

Stratman II

dvpro

Postby dvpro » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:04 pm

stratman2 wrote:...
All my MP3 clips are single-channel mono (not stereo) and sampled at 96kbps to optimize file space. :wink:

How about Nuvi users who just need the default tones? I'm not sure with other models, but my Nuvi710 can only enable/disable Proximity Points, no further settings to select type of alert, which means I'm forced to listen to the voice alert instead of the default tone, or no audio alert at all. :frus:

stratman2
Valued Contributor
Location: P. Jaya with Garmin Nuvi 310, eTrex Vista HCx and HTC Incredible S + PapaGo X5 :-)

Postby stratman2 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:19 pm

dvpro wrote:How about Nuvi users who just need the default tones? I'm not sure with other models, but my Nuvi710 can only enable/disable Proximity Points, no further settings to select type of alert, which means I'm forced to listen to the voice alert instead of the default tone, or no audio alert at all. :frus:

Hi Dvpro,

My Nuvi 310 has a further option (in the Proximity Points menu) to select audio choices for Single Tones, Continuous - Speed Alerts and Continuous - All Alerts. I left the option to "All Alerts" and stick to it.

Just wondering, how did you cope with the speedtrap and traffic camera alerts POI files from MSM? :-? They all contain voice prompts because I installed those files and relied on them before I did my own custom POIs. Do you turn off the voice alerts?
cheers,

Stratman II

dvpro

Postby dvpro » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:26 pm

stratman2 wrote:My Nuvi 310 has a further option (in the Proximity Points menu) to select audio choices for Single Tones, Continuous - Speed Alerts and Continuous - All Alerts. I left the option to "All Alerts" and stick to it.

No such option in Nuvi710. The same option can be found in GMXT though.

stratman2 wrote:Just wondering, how did you cope with the speedtrap and traffic camera alerts POI files from MSM? :-? They all contain voice prompts because I installed those files and relied on them before I did my own custom POIs. Do you turn off the voice alerts?

I actually brew my own from the same source, but nowadays lazy to do that. :zzz:

afak

Postby afak » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:30 am

bro,

how about the file for the garmin que user.

cheers.

stratman2
Valued Contributor

Postby stratman2 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:06 am

afak wrote:bro,

how about the file for the garmin que user.

cheers.

Hi,

Try installing the GPI files into your Garmin iQue and see whether it works on your PDA. I only have access to the Nuvi 310 and 200W and I don't know if they will work 100% with iQues. If there's a limitation with iQues (working with custom POI files), there's not much I can do. :-k

If you search the Internet for TourGuide and Alert POIs, you'll see that the authors mention only Nuvi or compatible devices. I might be wrong, but I think that PDAs running the GMXT software were not intended for true in-vehicle navigation. That's why Garmin produced the Nuvis and the Zumo models for car/motorcycle use. #-o
cheers,

Stratman II

dvpro

Postby dvpro » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:08 am

Bro Stratman, how's my request? :mrgreen:
dvpro wrote:How about Nuvi users who just need the default tones? I'm not sure with other models, but my Nuvi710 can only enable/disable Proximity Points, no further settings to select type of alert, which means I'm forced to listen to the voice alert instead of the default tone, or no audio alert at all. :frus:

stratman2
Valued Contributor

Postby stratman2 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:12 am

dvpro wrote:Bro Stratman, how's my request? :mrgreen:

For which custom POI? :mrgreen:
cheers,

Stratman II

dvpro

Postby dvpro » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:14 am

stratman2 wrote:For which custom POI? :mrgreen:

Thanks brother. How about all that were made into the MFM-CPOI installer? :good: :tq:

Return to “MFM Custom POI Feedback”