Custom POI Download - Police Speed Traps (V5.2)(120406)

Feedback for our road information and food recommendation POIs

Moderators: wwloon, alharis299, Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. This forum is strictly for feedback to our custom POIs
3. NO posting of data copied from other source especially malsingmaps
4. NO abuse, profanity and insults
5. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
stratman2
Valued Contributor
Location: P. Jaya with Garmin Nuvi 310, eTrex Vista HCx and HTC Incredible S + PapaGo X5 :-)

Custom POI Download - Police Speed Traps (V5.2)(120406)

Postby stratman2 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:23 am

MFM Speedtrap cPOI version 3.8 (3-Feb-2009) is now available for download. :D

Features:

- 295 speed trap points.
- Corrected some errors in the previous version (thanks to the various MFM contributors responsible) :thumbsup:
- 1,000 meter proximity alert.
- Smaller custom icon (16x16 pixels).
- Separate audio alerts indicating the speed limit for that zone
- Voice-less format for GMXT users and Nuvi owners who prefer the default GPS tone.
- Voice announcement for all Garmin Nuvi/Streetpilot/Zumo and compatible models..

Installation Procedure:

1. Download the zipped file and extract its contents.

2. Choose one of the GPI files. Nuvi 2xx users must install only the WAV version. GMXT, eTrex Legend/Vista users and those who prefer the original Nuvi alert tone should use the GMXT file instead. MP3 playback capable Nuvi users (such as the 300, 600 and 700-series) can use the MP3 format for its much smaller size.

3. Copy the desired GPI file into either your unit or memory card. The folder must be named "\Garmin\POI". If it doesn't exist in your SD card, create the folder manually.

4. Ensure that your unit's alerts for Custom POIs are turned on and the audio settings set to "Continuous-All Alerts".

Caveats and disclaimers:

a. This POI is based on speed trap areas locations and speed limits as submitted by GPSr contributors. No guarantee is implied as to the accuracy or validity of the exact locations.

b. Speed trap waypoints that were originally placed in between dual carriage way highways and not indicated which way they face are assumed to be facing either way, so you will get alerts from both directions.

c. The police do not have fixed points of speed traps for long. They are smart enough to move their cameras to different positions and vary their operations from time to time.

e. Please drive responsibly. Do not misuse this POI for your public road racing exploits.

f. By downloading this POI and installing it in your device, you agree to indemnify the author of any consequences arising from the use of this POI.

Please feedback me any errors or omissions and I will correct them in the next release.

How to submit your contributions or corrections:

Please attach a Mapsource POI file in GDB or GPX format containing the location of the trap camera. Appreciate if you could also highlight the route or stretch of road. All coordinates compiled via Mapsource should be in the Grid format Lat/Lon hddd.dddd°. You can change the default format in Mapsource. Click Edit->Preferences->Position and change the Grid format accordingly.

Qualifications for contributions/corrections:

- All contributions must have the coordinates in the format Lat/Lon hddd.dddd°. You can change the default format in Mapsource. Click Edit->Preferences->Position and change the Grid format accordingly.

- Contributions without coordinates but vague descriptions of trap locations, e.g. "I think the stretch between Alor Gajah exit and Kulai should be 90km/h" will be rejected.

- Please indicate the correct speed limit for that particular stretch of road/expressway. If you can, state whether the trap is set both directions or for one direction (e.g. northbound, eastbound, southbound, towards town, etc).

- Only speed trap POIs for Peninsular Malaysia and Sabah/Sarawak are accepted.

:tq:

Download Latest Version v5.2 here viewtopic.php?p=173633#p173633
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by alharis299 on Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:19 pm, edited 21 times in total.
cheers,

Stratman II

chee_loong
Contributor

Re: Custom POI download - Police Speed Traps

Postby chee_loong » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:05 am

Thanks for starting this topic, I downloaded the file....
Will feedback if any.... :thumbsup:
Regards,
Chee Loong (Nuvi 1350)

seethoe

Postby seethoe » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:16 am

Thanks :) does this have voice alert like "Police Roadblock" etc?
My Photos: http://www.szetophotos.com

stratman2
Valued Contributor
Location: P. Jaya with Garmin Nuvi 310, eTrex Vista HCx and HTC Incredible S + PapaGo X5 :-)

Postby stratman2 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:32 am

seethoe wrote:Thanks :) does this have voice alert like "Police Roadblock" etc?

No. This is primarily for speed traps only. Road block POIs will be another POI which I have not done yet. :prayer:
cheers,

Stratman II

aceedburn

Postby aceedburn » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:21 pm

thanks bro stratman. =D>
nüvi® 205 & mfm - always takes you home!

seethoe

Postby seethoe » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:20 am

stratman2 wrote:

No. This is primarily for speed traps only. Road block POIs will be another POI which I have not done yet. :prayer:

thanks bro! appreciate the effort... :good:
My Photos: http://www.szetophotos.com

stratman2
Valued Contributor

Postby stratman2 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:30 am

seethoe wrote:
stratman2 wrote:

thanks bro! appreciate the effort... :good:

That reminds me, Seethoe. I used to have an old Speedtrap custom POI that contained police road block spots, but have never encountered any road blocks in the waypoints. Because of that, I decided to separate speed traps from road blocks/polish ambush points. Furthermore, road blocks are seasonally conducted and most of the time on ad hoc basis, e.g. following a man hunt for robbers, thieves, escaped convicts etc.

If someone can provide me with reliable data as to the exact road block points and other data pertaining their operational hours and days, it would be far more useful as a custom POI. [-o<
cheers,

Stratman II

smallville

Postby smallville » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:09 pm

i sey , wish this in future also work on GMXT

:rox:
practice make perfect

stratman2
Valued Contributor

Postby stratman2 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:42 pm

smallville wrote:i sey , wish this in future also work on GMXT

:rox:

As I understand it, POI Loader (that's used to make these GPI files) doesn't support GMXT devices. Let's hope that Garmin will fix this in the future. :prayer:
cheers,

Stratman II

chew85
Location: PJ, Selangor (nüvi® 205, nüvi® 1350, PAPAGO! X5 iPhone)

Postby chew85 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:12 pm

ty bro stratman2 for the sharring! and i want to know is gmxt does not suppot .gpi file?

Return to “MFM Custom POI Feedback”