Custom POI download- Expressway R&R Stop areas (Ver 5)

Feedback for our road information and food recommendation POIs

Moderators: wwloon, alharis299, Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. This forum is strictly for feedback to our custom POIs
3. NO posting of data copied from other source especially malsingmaps
4. NO abuse, profanity and insults
5. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
moeyhc
Valued Contributor
Location: Penang - Nuvi 300, 205W, 2575RLM, M1200, M1000B/C, Papago N1

Re: Expressway R&R Stop area Custom POI contribution

Postby moeyhc » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:32 pm

Unzip the file and place it inside the Garmin/POI folder. This procedure is the same as speed and camera alert.

Thanks for this useful POIs.... cheers!
Common Sense Is Not Common.

zamad
Valued Contributor

Postby zamad » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:50 pm

Stratman II,
:tq:
mfm : magnificent free maps
Garmin nüvi 2575RLM v2.80, Garmin 60CSx v4.00, Garmin nüvi 205W(patched), Papago R5800 X8.5, Qstarz Q1000P (Datalogger)
Retired: GMXT Palm T|X, nuvifone A10 v5.0.77, Garmin-Asus G60 v2.43, GPSlim236 (Datalogger)

stratman2
Valued Contributor
Location: P. Jaya with Garmin Nuvi 310, eTrex Vista HCx and HTC Incredible S + PapaGo X5 :-)

Postby stratman2 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:30 pm

abdulrahmanbius wrote:Hi Bro,
I have been dreaming to have tourguide along PLUS Highway with both visual and and voice alert of R&R and TnG. Now my dream has become true.. :prayer: :prayer: :prayer:

Here are some of my nuvi 760 screenshot =D>

Thanks for your kind comments, Rahman (and to everyone else). O:)

I don't have a Nuvi 760 and I wasn't sure how the Custom POI entries show up in wide screen models. Thanks for posting the screenshots.

Now that you've mentioned it, I'm taking this a step further to make a Tour Guide file for the R&R just for MFM. From there I plan to chart the whole highway and B-roads for points of interest. 8-)

:tq:
cheers,

Stratman II

norwadi

Postby norwadi » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:57 pm

moeyhc wrote:Unzip the file and place it inside the Garmin/POI folder. This procedure is the same as speed and camera alert.

Thanks for this useful POIs.... cheers!

Do we have to delete the old file RSA.gpi and replace it with rsa_v2.gpi?
Or we can have both files in Garmin/POI folder?

Thanks.

stratman2
Valued Contributor
Location: P. Jaya with Garmin Nuvi 310, eTrex Vista HCx and HTC Incredible S + PapaGo X5 :-)

Postby stratman2 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:12 pm

norwadi wrote:
Do we have to delete the old file RSA.gpi and replace it with rsa_v2.gpi?
Or we can have both files in Garmin/POI folder?

Thanks.

Hi Norwadi,

The second version replaces the old one, so delete the old GPI file from your unit. In the future when I release updated Custom POI files, do the same (replace the older version). Having new and old versions of the same custom POI may lead to unpredictable results.

Here's a tip to save space - place the rsa_v2.gpi in your external SD memory card instead (it must have the folder "\Garmin\POI"). You don't need to copy the GPI into the main memory when your Nuvi prompts you. (Check the "Don't Ask Me Again" checkbox and press "NO").

The Nuvi can still read custom POIs off the memory card, without having to copy to the internal RAM. When you start collecting many custom POIs and Tour Guide files, it's better to leave the GPI files on the SD to save memory space in your device.

Hope this helps. O:)
cheers,

Stratman II

norwadi

Postby norwadi » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:48 pm

Thanks for the explaination bro stratman2.

:good:

zamad
Valued Contributor

Postby zamad » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:25 pm

Went to home.comcast.net and read and experimented on my 205 the whole of last nite. Got the usual 'bong-bong' :( instead of playing the wav (via sox.exe). Will try again tonite...
mfm : magnificent free maps
Garmin nüvi 2575RLM v2.80, Garmin 60CSx v4.00, Garmin nüvi 205W(patched), Papago R5800 X8.5, Qstarz Q1000P (Datalogger)
Retired: GMXT Palm T|X, nuvifone A10 v5.0.77, Garmin-Asus G60 v2.43, GPSlim236 (Datalogger)

abdulrahmanbius
Valued Contributor
Location: Alor Setar & Jitra & Segamat and now in Penang (Nuvi 760 + eTrex Vista HCx + Papago R5800))

Postby abdulrahmanbius » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:55 pm

Hi Bro stratman2,
I drove from a/star to butterworth today passing R&R and laybys, surprisingly no voice alert heard :thumbsdown:
When i checked again using demo mode..it work only if i selected the R&R and layby POIs as my via point..
Could you check again what happen? :-k

stratman2
Valued Contributor

Postby stratman2 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:28 pm

abdulrahmanbius wrote:Hi Bro stratman2,
I drove from a/star to butterworth today passing R&R and laybys, surprisingly no voice alert heard :thumbsdown:
When i checked again using demo mode..it work only if i selected the R&R and layby POIs as my via point..
Could you check again what happen? :-k

Thanks for the feedback, Rahman. :wink:

I don't get to test my custom POIs in real life (they were all simulated) because I don't travel long distances anymore, so I depend on users' feedback.

Tell you what, I'll check my waypoint files and recompile them and send them to you first for your evaluation. You can be my beta tester (anyone else interested, PM me). Only when you guys give the green light, I'll post the updates in MFM. 8-)
cheers,

Stratman II

abdulrahmanbius
Valued Contributor
Location: Alor Setar & Jitra & Segamat and now in Penang (Nuvi 760 + eTrex Vista HCx + Papago R5800))

Postby abdulrahmanbius » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:14 am

Thanks bro stratman2, will do my best to help our mfm community.. :thumbsup:

Return to “MFM Custom POI Feedback”