Do I copy all AES versions into the POI folder

Feedback for our road information and food recommendation POIs

Moderators: wwloon, alharis299, Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. This forum is strictly for feedback to our custom POIs
3. NO posting of data copied from other source especially malsingmaps
4. NO abuse, profanity and insults
5. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
k_d_lee

Do I copy all AES versions into the POI folder

Postby k_d_lee » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:10 pm

I would like to know there are now 3 versions in my computer namely 1.6, 2.0 and 2.1. Do I maintain all 3 versions or I just install the latest version of 2.1? thanks for your information.

tlchuan
Polygon Mapper
Location: Subang Jaya (x10 & Oregon 300)Garmin 255w sgmy, 2575RLM, Wayway 5035

Re: Do I copy all AES versions into the POI folder

Postby tlchuan » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:09 pm

k_d_lee wrote:I would like to know there are now 3 versions in my computer namely 1.6, 2.0 and 2.1. Do I maintain all 3 versions or I just install the latest version of 2.1? thanks for your information.

just use the higher number will do

mafiaprince

Postby mafiaprince » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:39 am

tlchuan wrote:
k_d_lee wrote:I would like to know there are now 3 versions in my computer namely 1.6, 2.0 and 2.1. Do I maintain all 3 versions or I just install the latest version of 2.1? thanks for your information.

just use the higher number will do

hey dude a bit confuse...Do i need to copy *.gpi files to \Garmin\POI or \Map\POI....coz at the moment all my map is in the \Map\......and i don't see any POI folder.....my question do i need to create manually but to where...is it \map\ or \Garmin\....pls advise...Million thanks...

tlchuan
Polygon Mapper
Location: Subang Jaya (x10 & Oregon 300)Garmin 255w sgmy, 2575RLM, Wayway 5035

Postby tlchuan » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:40 pm

when you install the poi the instructions is in the setup

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

XenomorpH

Postby XenomorpH » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:27 pm

After complete the installation,the CPoI will display at WhereTo/Extra/PoI on our gps? :-k

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:35 pm

XenomorpH wrote:After complete the installation,the CPoI will display at WhereTo/Extra/PoI on our gps? :-k

All AES location will be shown with distance relative to your current GPS location

XenomorpH

Postby XenomorpH » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:07 pm

silverbeauty wrote:
XenomorpH wrote:After complete the installation,the CPoI will display at WhereTo/Extra/PoI on our gps? :-k

All AES location will be shown with distance relative to your current GPS location

Ok thanks \:D/ ,and we can view the(CPoI) list from menu in gps at,WhereTo/Extra/PoI folder if the installation is complete?
I did as the instruction,and copy all the files and make new folder in :/Garmin/PoI .
Not have time to test yet,maybe tomorrow. \:D/

bestfriend

Postby bestfriend » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:00 pm

change to SJKC Pekan Getah
BESTFRIEND

sueheng

Postby sueheng » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:14 pm

Hey guys,

Sorry about this question. I'm a bit new to this installing custom POI things.

I have downloaded the latest one as stated in a compiled thread of custom POI. Does that mean that from now when Garmin GPS is running, it will notify me automatically of all the custom POIs that is in the folder as i'm driving past? Or do i still have to enable it manually somehow in the device?

Im using device Garmin nuvi 2565LM.

Many thanks

JasonLee
Regional Mapper
Location: Penang (Magellan Meridian Color & Garmin Nuvi 1460, 2465, 2575R, 3560 & Etrex 30)

Postby JasonLee » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:49 pm

sueheng wrote:Hey guys,

Sorry about this question. I'm a bit new to this installing custom POI things.

I have downloaded the latest one as stated in a compiled thread of custom POI. Does that mean that from now when Garmin GPS is running, it will notify me automatically of all the custom POIs that is in the folder as i'm driving past? Or do i still have to enable it manually somehow in the device?

Im using device Garmin nuvi 2565LM.

Many thanks

The latest version of custom POI downloaded from HERE will over-write all the older versions.

Your Garmin device will automatically activate the alerts based on your last configuration unless you have disabled alerts at your last configuration then you need to check. You can however disable the alerts, if you wish.
Lean not on your own understanding

Return to “MFM Custom POI Feedback”