Custom POIs - AES Cameras for Garmin GPS

Feedback for our road information and food recommendation POIs

Moderators: wwloon, alharis299, Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. This forum is strictly for feedback to our custom POIs
3. NO posting of data copied from other source especially malsingmaps
4. NO abuse, profanity and insults
5. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
ajay

Re: Customs POIs - AES Cameras

Postby ajay » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:10 pm

sobamy wrote:
wwloon wrote:
flyingfox wrote:I m using Garmin, i think is either 1250 or 1350, sorry I can't remember here (it is in my car). last week I followed your instructions n copy gpi files into POI folder with success. Then next day i proceed to test while driving, used Jalan Universiti as well as passed by Motorola LDP. My garmin did not alert me, please help me to understand why?

Is it the AES locations in your file have not included the above locations which is suppose to be in phase 2 of AES and not phase 1 implementation?

Also, will the alerts take place even if I don't set my destination where I want to go and just use view map? or i hv to set the destination of my journey for the alert to takes place?

Thanks ya!

Please update your CPOI files to the latest version (posted here just yesterday evening) and try again.

There should be an audio alert once you drive near a camera location, even though you did not programme the device to bring you to a destination.

Some roads have different speed limits. If you are driving below the coded speed limit, no alert will sound especially for 2575. You can increase the speed in simulation mode to test. Check your Proximity Alert to Continuous Sound.
Hope this helps :)
u can increase the speed? can do on 205w?
from Garmin Que for Pocket PC to Garmin Mobile XT for Windows Mobile to Nuvi 205W to Papago M9 for Android & now Garmin Nuvi 2576.

sobamy
Polygon Mapper

Postby sobamy » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:39 pm

Don't know about 205w but with 2575, there are 2 blue up and down arrows. The up arrow is to increase speed for testing. :D
~~ freely receive ~ freely give ~~

tiensheng
Valued Contributor

Postby tiensheng » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:59 am

9w2zxz wrote:can u check this and make sync with the aes location

all aes location with lat long and etc.

tq

bro , if u r getting the list from JPJ portal , i have a complete printed set on my desk now and marking of changes based on feedbacks from everyone... and many people has share the same pdf files on the thread...

=D> :tq:
*Powered by Garmin nüvi 2465 + Garmin nüvi 2575R *

flyingfox

Postby flyingfox » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:02 am

Thanks all. Today, for the first time, my GPS alerted me, awesome! Two alerts while driving near SS2 intersection to Sprint and near section 17 along Sprint. The difference I noticed this time is I did set the destination. So I am not sure last time it did not alert me was due to I did not set the destination and only use the view map function instead. For info, nothing changed compared to last time as I have yet to update the GPI files per advised. I am using 1350. Will continue to try and share here. Cheers.

ahpeace

Postby ahpeace » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:54 pm

i am downloading & will test it later
will make a long journey this weekend

tiensheng
Valued Contributor

Postby tiensheng » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:06 pm

For speed traps , it's better slow down once it alerts you ...
cause the speed cameras are normally 1km earlier .... maybe ...
:)

but still the same old words , please drive safe
:)

:rox: