Custom POIs - AES Cameras for Garmin GPS

Feedback for our road information and food recommendation POIs

Moderators: wwloon, alharis299, Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. This forum is strictly for feedback to our custom POIs
3. NO posting of data copied from other source especially malsingmaps
4. NO abuse, profanity and insults
5. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
ajay

Re: Customs POIs - AES Cameras

Postby ajay » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:14 pm

i hv no problem which way i got. just want to know the flow u guys are doing :)
from Garmin Que for Pocket PC to Garmin Mobile XT for Windows Mobile to Nuvi 205W to Papago M9 for Android & now Garmin Nuvi 2576.

ronchan
Polygon Mapper
Location: IPOH mali (Ruvo Avox UMPC + 探险家Columbus V-700 + GMPC / nRoute, HTC touch dual + GMXT)

Postby ronchan » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:30 pm

JPJ location can't be trust.
Bro tiensheng pls amend MFM-AES Camera V2.1 for this location
AES Speed Camera 60km - KM18 Jalan Ipoh Kuala Lumpur
Check your PM. :tq:
AES Speed Camera 60km - KM18 Jalan Ipoh Kuala Lumpur.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
House Number Project - begin from your house.

wwloon
Valued Contributor

Postby wwloon » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:59 pm

The latest CPOI files have been made available on the first page viewtopic.php?p=179144#p179144.

:rox:

tiensheng
Valued Contributor

Postby tiensheng » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:45 pm

ronchan wrote:JPJ location can't be trust.
Bro tiensheng pls amend MFM-AES Camera V2.1 for this location
AES Speed Camera 60km - KM18 Jalan Ipoh Kuala Lumpur
Check your PM. :tq:
AES Speed Camera 60km - KM18 Jalan Ipoh Kuala Lumpur.jpg

ok bro ... updated :)
*Powered by Garmin nüvi 2465 + Garmin nüvi 2575R *

Immortal25

Postby Immortal25 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:04 pm

Thanks a lot! This will be truly helpful as I will be travelling to KL this weekend. :)

sobamy
Polygon Mapper

Postby sobamy » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:36 am

Immortal25 wrote:Thanks a lot! This will be truly helpful as I will be travelling to KL this weekend. :)

Thank you for your appreciation and encouragement.
Please drive carefully. :D
~~ freely receive ~ freely give ~~

flyingfox

Postby flyingfox » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:07 pm

I m using Garmin, i think is either 1250 or 1350, sorry I can't remember here (it is in my car). last week I followed your instructions n copy gpi files into POI folder with success. Then next day i proceed to test while driving, used Jalan Universiti as well as passed by Motorola LDP. My garmin did not alert me, please help me to understand why?

Is it the AES locations in your file have not included the above locations which is suppose to be in phase 2 of AES and not phase 1 implementation?

Also, will the alerts take place even if I don't set my destination where I want to go and just use view map? or i hv to set the destination of my journey for the alert to takes place?

Thanks ya!

wwloon
Valued Contributor

Postby wwloon » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:37 pm

flyingfox wrote:I m using Garmin, i think is either 1250 or 1350, sorry I can't remember here (it is in my car). last week I followed your instructions n copy gpi files into POI folder with success. Then next day i proceed to test while driving, used Jalan Universiti as well as passed by Motorola LDP. My garmin did not alert me, please help me to understand why?

Is it the AES locations in your file have not included the above locations which is suppose to be in phase 2 of AES and not phase 1 implementation?

Also, will the alerts take place even if I don't set my destination where I want to go and just use view map? or i hv to set the destination of my journey for the alert to takes place?

Thanks ya!

Please update your CPOI files to the latest version (posted here just yesterday evening) and try again.

There should be an audio alert once you drive near a camera location, even though you did not programme the device to bring you to a destination.

sobamy
Polygon Mapper

Postby sobamy » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:17 pm

wwloon wrote:
flyingfox wrote:I m using Garmin, i think is either 1250 or 1350, sorry I can't remember here (it is in my car). last week I followed your instructions n copy gpi files into POI folder with success. Then next day i proceed to test while driving, used Jalan Universiti as well as passed by Motorola LDP. My garmin did not alert me, please help me to understand why?

Thanks ya!

Please update your CPOI files to the latest version (posted here just yesterday evening) and try again.

There should be an audio alert once you drive near a camera location, even though you did not programme the device to bring you to a destination.

Some roads have different speed limits. If you are driving below the coded speed limit, no alert will sound especially for 2575. You can increase the speed in simulation mode to test. Check your Proximity Alert to Continuous Sound.
Hope this helps :)
~~ freely receive ~ freely give ~~

tlchuan
Polygon Mapper
Location: Subang Jaya (x10 & Oregon 300)Garmin 255w sgmy, 2575RLM, Wayway 5035

Postby tlchuan » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:43 pm

Return to “MFM Custom POI Feedback”