Custom POI Download - Redlight Traffic Cams (v1.8)(120223)

Feedback for our road information and food recommendation POIs

Moderators: wwloon, alharis299, Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. This forum is strictly for feedback to our custom POIs
3. NO posting of data copied from other source especially malsingmaps
4. NO abuse, profanity and insults
5. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
stratman2
Valued Contributor
Location: P. Jaya with Garmin Nuvi 310, eTrex Vista HCx and HTC Incredible S + PapaGo X5 :-)

Re: Custom POI download - Redlight Traffic Cams (v1.7) 22-Jul 09

Postby stratman2 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:31 am

fauzee wrote::tq: Bro stratman2..u r great.. :good: :good:

Thanks for the compliments bro Fauzee, but without support from you and the brothers out there such updates wouldn't be possible. :thumbsup:
cheers,

Stratman II

drsec
Location: Subang Jaya, (Nuvi255W, GMXT on HTC HD2 & Diamond, Nuvi360, Navman F20, PaPaGo X5 on WM6.5)

Postby drsec » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:39 am

Allow me to ask or maybe request you guys post in a new thread your technique of being able to do this and drive at the same time.

I can't seem to be able to do it with either endangering myself and my passengers or incurring the ire of other motorists.

Share with us your technique or special equipment. One of my friend I know has rigged up his camera on the dash with a wired remote. But more importantly, how do you record the POIs and have enough time to drive.

I am truly curious.

mohicans
Valued Contributor

Postby mohicans » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:29 am

drsec wrote:Allow me to ask or maybe request you guys post in a new thread your technique of being able to do this and drive at the same time.

I can't seem to be able to do it with either endangering myself and my passengers or incurring the ire of other motorists.

Share with us your technique or special equipment. One of my friend I know has rigged up his camera on the dash with a wired remote. But more importantly, how do you record the POIs and have enough time to drive.

I am truly curious.

Dr Sec what I 'd normally do is to have my handphone recorder on standby and the moment I marked the waypoints i will record it all and at later stage i would transfer it to mapsource and start listening to all recorded waypoints earlier on and edit it via mapsource or keyin slowly at my 60csx unit whih is slower lar!
Last time I used to jot down,but 'leceh lar'!!Somemore my car manual not auto!!...I would be plotting the nearest hospital pulak!!!...well that's just me when or during poi huntings! :peace:

Note : Pls record it clearly the informations and lower the background music if you are listening to radio or so...as I 'kena' before I can't hear what I say at all as the 'feng tau' music too loud at background then I have to 'burn' the Poi...wasted the breath and effort to plot and to record it!! :frus:
"When the grey hair is dead,Magua will eat his heart out"

fauzee
Polygon Mapper

Postby fauzee » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:47 am

stratman2 wrote:
fauzee wrote::tq: Bro stratman2..u r great.. :good: :good:

Thanks for the compliments bro Fauzee, but without support from you and the brothers out there such updates wouldn't be possible. :thumbsup:

Ya bro..i'll do the best i can to helping u..anyway.. :good: for making this Gorgeous Cpoi..
~Lost Is Nothing~
...PLEASE INSTALL THE LATEST MAPS BEFORE DOIN' SOMETHIN'...

twinki

Postby twinki » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:30 pm

Hi
red light camera at Jln Dato Suleiman Junction has been removed
N1.48738 E103.76638

BTW I think all the cameras in JB don't work anymore.. I never see the flash even though guys beat the light

gpsnerd
Contributor

Postby gpsnerd » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:55 pm

Red Light Camera at Woodlands Ave 12
Woodlands Ave 12.gdb
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User of 205 / 205W
Currently using 255W and 205W, 4592 LM

edgarchen
Valued Contributor

Postby edgarchen » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:08 pm

I notice there are traffic police officers standing by @ the traffic light junction right before the CIQ checkpoint while making my way back to SG on 5th Dec, Sat evening around 7pm. The traffic light flash green for a short time, and change over to red. Tentatively, if you may stand a chance of beating the redlight if you are unaware.. And the officer will ask you to stop over.. :$gone:

There is no redlight camera installed, basically some ambush tactic.. where you can't spot them before passing the junction. I will send the coordinates in mapsource tonight.

Hope to serve the alert to the rest members when I head for the Johor GG on 19th Dec.
Everyone contribute a bit, eventually we can enjoy and benefit more in our navigation. :thumbsup:

ace
Valued Contributor

Postby ace » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:43 pm

Have been reading postings in other forums about this ambush near the CIQ. Guess we all have to really watch it. Not sure if this is the same place but I understand it is the last set of lights. There could be mobile camera too.

edgarchen
Valued Contributor

Postby edgarchen » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:44 pm

Here are the coordinates N1 28.095 E103 46.143

whitecat has also confirmed this hot spot.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Everyone contribute a bit, eventually we can enjoy and benefit more in our navigation. :thumbsup:

twinki

Postby twinki » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:53 am

just slightly out of point but since we are talking about the CIQ, make sure you wear your seatbelts after immigration/custom check.

The TP used to haul you in at the traffic lights just before and after the CIQ but people soon caught on. So now they wait for you soon after you exit the CIQ on your way to Singapore and also coming to JB they wait near a small laybye just after you pass the old checkpoint on the way up the slope to the new CIQ

Return to “MFM Custom POI Feedback”