Suggestion Box

MFM community forum where you can find out the latest happenings and issues at MFM

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
rajeh1313
Polygon Mapper

Re: Suggestion Box

Postby rajeh1313 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:48 am

Hi,

Just my 13 cents worth suggestion... can we have "full name" at the tittle instead of the "short form"... so easier for new comers like me to know...

thanks...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rajeh1313 (+65 93831441)
Born & grew up in Batu Pahat... presently in Singapore...

rajeh1313
Polygon Mapper

Postby rajeh1313 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:52 am

can we incorporate Thailand map in it..?? Maybe Hatyai alone for a start will be good.... :tq:
Rajeh1313 (+65 93831441)

antyong (retired)
Site Admin (retired)

Postby antyong (retired) » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:52 am

rajeh1313 wrote:can we incorporate Thailand map in it..?? Maybe Hatyai alone for a start will be good.... :tq:

We need tracks for that :D

jans_wkh
Valued Contributor

Postby jans_wkh » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:05 am

Can we have the map.exe generating a gmapsupp file after installing into mapsource? Some newbies might not have mapsource installed to enjoy the map. Lastly, can we bring back the road POI as an option or something? Missed the spell name search function. :mrgreen:

rajeh1313
Polygon Mapper

Postby rajeh1313 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:17 am

ITS CHANGED.... :peace: :tq:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rajeh1313 (+65 93831441)

FaZo
Location: Ipoh - NEED HOMESTAY NEAR LOST WORLD OF TAMBUN? PM ME FOR MORE INFO <Nüvi 200w & GMXT>

Postby FaZo » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:51 pm

POI name - the name of the poi should have a reference guidelines, so that the name of each poi contributed will be standardize. For example, the name of government office. In the new malsing map, "Jabatan Pelajaran Negeri" had become "Educ dept perak". The name, as translated in English will become so unfamiliar to the map user. And sometimes some POI's name had been short formed, thus creating problems for the user to search for a particular POI in Garmin GPSR's "Spell Name" function.
" By prevailing over all obstacles and distractions,one may unfailingly arrive at his chosen goal "

amrul
Valued Contributor

Postby amrul » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:45 pm

FaZo wrote:POI name - the name of the poi should have a reference guidelines, so that the name of each poi contributed will be standardize. For example, the name of government office. In the new malsing map, "Jabatan Pelajaran Negeri" had become "Educ dept perak". The name, as translated in English will become so unfamiliar to the map user. And sometimes some POI's name had been short formed, thus creating problems for the user to search for a particular POI in Garmin GPSR's "Spell Name" function.

i agreed :thumbsup: Especially government department or building, due to its nature in BM, thus i feel that name in the POI should be BM.

Thus my suggestion is remain the name as it is, e.g. if the name is BM, let remain it as BM......

my 2 cent

swisscobalt

Postby swisscobalt » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:10 pm

I would suggest that someday MFM could have a feature 'search by postcode' or things of that sort, as like our fella in Singapore already enjoyed that in MSM

keong8260
Regional Mapper
Location: Alor Setar (60CSx, Nuvi, Papago, Polnav, Galactio, Compass, Parang, Gun)

Postby keong8260 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:59 pm

I suggest that the link for upload by contributor should be a bit "direct".
For example : A title at board index - "CONTRIBUTOR, UPLOAD YOUR TRACKLOG HERE"
:tq:

keong8260
Regional Mapper
Location: Alor Setar (60CSx, Nuvi, Papago, Polnav, Galactio, Compass, Parang, Gun)

Postby keong8260 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:37 pm

More GG organise! Perhaps? :peace:

PS : I never got chance to joint any GG, hehe! :oops:

Return to “Community Hall”