That Deja Vu Feeling ...

MFM community forum where you can find out the latest happenings and issues at MFM

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
iazmin

Re: That Deja Vu Feeling ...

Postby iazmin » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:12 pm

Wow,
It really surprised me when I received an unexpected PM in malsingmaps from sunn on Sept 19.
But I just took for granted by reading the reasons behind the setting of MFM from antyong.

Only today, I got the chance to do some research from antyong blog and also google to learn that there is a serious clash in MSM that leads to the establishment of MFM.

Coupled months ago I just bought few serious hardware and software to help me build this GPS hobby but it really make me uncomfortable that the original intention of MSM was violated by the seniors.

I personally do not agree that we sell MSM maps simply because it is owned by the community. As simple as that. May be the seniors may say to juniors like me that I am not entitled for the royalty or cash, etc since I only contribute tracks and POIs while they are the one who compile the maps, but please remember, without the juniors like us, you will just compile blank, white maps!

Anyway, bravo to antyong and the others who still consistent with the original intention of MSM by setting up this MFM.

:good:

sunn
Senior Mapper
Location: Shah Alam (HP4150 & SIRF3 BT, HP6515, Etrex Legend HCX, Omnia i900 16GB, Samsung Note 2, Ipad 2

Postby sunn » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:37 pm

Welcome Bro iazmin.

Better late than never :)

Regards
It is a merit to forgive others:
The more we forgive the more merit we collect.

(Upload your contribution to MFM drop box if you don't want others to take your contributed tracklogs or POIs. )

redz

Postby redz » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:38 pm

geez.. didn't know there is so much prb over at MSM. so far, i only know as long as u contribute at least 2 POIs, u can ask the unlock codes from the mods. didn't know what's happening in the back scene till now....

well... hope MFM will just be as successful as MSM...if not more =D>

wahladino

Postby wahladino » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:23 pm

antyong wrote:The MSM Councilors (sabre23t, jaguar, trajet, pauchai) can confirm some of the below:
- We considered selling unlock codes for RM50 x 300 per month last year. I vetoed.
- The MNC car manufacturer deal is RM150 per map. 100 maps per month. No agreement todate.
- Selling data to Mapking competitor for RM30+k + small amount per licence + shares if IPO. Have to stop releasing Mapking. Didn't bother to discuss.
- I was told of a potential 6-figure deal earlier from Adil's co. Not sure of status.

So it was true when i visited one vendor was told they pay ' royalties" to MSM to have the lastest map install in their unit when they sell to customer. I was in doubt back then. on the contary without effrot of the contributor and mapper be it malfree or malsing don think Garmin can gain their marker share in such a short span of time.

SatelLite
Valued Contributor

Postby SatelLite » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:12 pm

sunn wrote:Aiyah....didn't know I so poor in explaining :)

Not your fault. My 'receiver' is slow. :mrgreen:
GPSMap 60CSx|Nuvi300 TTS|HTC TyTN II MapkingR12|
Celebrating What's Right With The World

:rox: I love this smiley!!!

Return to “Community Hall”