Suggestion Box 2010 & 2011

MFM community forum where you can find out the latest happenings and issues at MFM

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
ad4rum

Re: Suggestion Box 2010

Postby ad4rum » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:11 pm

amamat wrote:Is it possible to add more option when generating gmapsupp.img file.. to exclude region... for example exclude east or west malaysia or thailand or singapore.

It just that GMXT lags a lot and to make the map lighter.

that's what Mapsource is for.

amamat
Champion Tracker
Champion Tracker

Postby amamat » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:16 pm

ad4rum wrote:
amamat wrote:Is it possible to add more option when generating gmapsupp.img file.. to exclude region... for example exclude east or west malaysia or thailand or singapore.

It just that GMXT lags a lot and to make the map lighter.

that's what Mapsource is for.

Agreeeed... only the icons produced by mapsource generated gmapsupp.img is too small for my wvga screen.
Anyway... found a 50% solution. I exclude polygons, and miscellaneous business POI and I deleted some gpi files. still lags but alot less.

dvpro

Postby dvpro » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:26 pm

amamat wrote:Agreeeed... only the icons produced by mapsource generated gmapsupp.img is too small for my wvga screen.

You can actually send MFM map via Mapsource using large icons, just rename C:\Garmin\Malfreemaps\MFMFC_L.typ (Full Customization) or ..\MFMPC_L.typ (Partial Customization) to ..\MFMFC.typ (Full Customization) or ..\MFMPC.typ (Partial Customization).
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

amamat
Champion Tracker
Champion Tracker

Postby amamat » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:00 am

dvpro wrote:
amamat wrote:Agreeeed... only the icons produced by mapsource generated gmapsupp.img is too small for my wvga screen.

You can actually send MFM map via Mapsource using large icons, just rename C:\Garmin\Malfreemaps\MFMFC_L.typ (Full Customization) or ..\MFMPC_L.typ (Partial Customization) to ..\MFMFC.typ (Full Customization) or ..\MFMPC.typ (Partial Customization).

Thank you saviour.... :prayer:
Last edited by dvpro on Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: You're welcome.

itman2000my

Postby itman2000my » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:44 am

Hi....

I hv been checking and found that for Android v2.1, there is limited maps available for MY and SG. Other that the troublesome Papago software, i would like to suggest if the members for MFM gurus be able to tailor made the maps for:-

http://www.mapdroyd.com/

They recompile the maps from OpenStreetMap (http://www.openstreetmap.org/)

Thus, was wondering if MFM maps can be translated to OpenStreetMap so that Android users can use MapDroyd which is FREE!! :) =D>

TIA

Inggo
Contributor
Location: N04'37.399"E103'12.484" MyGPS,Nuvi,PapagoX2/X3/X5 Mapking, I-GO, GarminXT GoSPEED

Postby Inggo » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:29 pm

itman2000my wrote:Hi....

I hv been checking and found that for Android v2.1, there is limited maps available for MY and SG. Other that the troublesome Papago software, i would like to suggest if the members for MFM gurus be able to tailor made the maps for:-

http://www.mapdroyd.com/

They recompile the maps from OpenStreetMap (http://www.openstreetmap.org/)

Thus, was wondering if MFM maps can be translated to OpenStreetMap so that Android users can use MapDroyd which is FREE!! :) =D>

TIA

yup, i quite agree with it will enrich our treasure map...
but the source of all collection map was at our mapper,
asked them..

or maybe someone here wanto compiled to mapdroyd format :nutz:
...maybe the -m'force'm- will be with you, always.. :peace:
:mrgreen: Skywalker

itman2000my

Postby itman2000my » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:51 pm

This is bcoz more n more people are starting to use smartphones with Android 2.x OS now. Especially with Samsung Galaxy S. And this phone only has Google Map as the GPS Navigation. Thus u need 3G to be ON all the time. So, yr data plan quota will be used up in no time.

Thus we need offline GPS Navigation apps, and MapDroyd provides u with the solution. \:D/

PS: I'm preparing myself to purchase Samsung Galaxy S, so am looking for all the applications that i need b4 i purchase the HP!! :$gone:

leoyew

Suggest MFM do innovation create map for Nokia Ovi

Postby leoyew » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:39 pm

Suggest MFM do innovation create map for Nokia Ovi. If MFM can do that, it will be a new record breaker !

moeyhc
Valued Contributor
Location: Penang - Nuvi 300, 205W, 2575RLM, M1200, M1000B/C, Papago N1

Re: Suggest MFM do innovation create map for Nokia Ovi

Postby moeyhc » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:59 pm

Will Nokia sue us for offering their map format?.. If yes, we certainly break record.... :mrgreen:
Common Sense Is Not Common.

Inggo
Contributor
Location: N04'37.399"E103'12.484" MyGPS,Nuvi,PapagoX2/X3/X5 Mapking, I-GO, GarminXT GoSPEED

Re: Suggest MFM do innovation create map for Nokia Ovi

Postby Inggo » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:54 pm

moeyhc wrote:Will Nokia sue us for offering their map format?.. If yes, we certainly break record.... :mrgreen:

No, it same case as create garmin map format using third party compiler (cgpsmap).
usually, in software EULA we able to create generic "DATA" format using by third party program..
this case similar with using another third party editor such as open source editor to create word or excel data format.

but it's not same case with using illegal copied of "crack" program such as using the crack of garminXT.. or using illegal copied of ms office.

and we break the rule if modified garmin officially map to be free maps.. or vice versa (reverse engineering free map format tobe "non-free" map such as SLA/NT map)
...maybe the -m'force'm- will be with you, always.. :peace:
:mrgreen: Skywalker

Return to “Community Hall”