Suggestion Box 2010 & 2011

MFM community forum where you can find out the latest happenings and issues at MFM

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
alihms

Re: Suggestion Box 2010

Postby alihms » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:51 pm

Have we tried to get government agencies / relevant private entities data in building our map? I notice that many community based maps around the world managed to obtain their respective government data without any copyright and legalities constraint attached. With mfm cloud and non-profit nature, aren’t we in the position to do the same?

Examples of agencies/entities and data they may provide:-
- Telekom Malaysia for Yellow Pages directory (I believe IRIVER, another GPS brand has the complete Yellow Pages listing)
- Pos Malaysia for Postal code numbers and coverage areas
- Jabatan Pengairan / Saliran for details on river / canals names
- JKR / Transport ministry for official road names, classification
- Jabatan Pemetaan Malaysia for various general mapping data.
- Malaysian Centre for Remote Sensing (MACRES) – very useful for polygon mappers
- Various bus operators (including KTM and kommuter trains) for the bus stop locations, routes, timetables, fares etc
- Private entities such as PLUS, Metramax etc for accurate info on their roads and facilities, toll rates and so on.

mfm88

Postby mfm88 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:18 pm

A small suggestion,

It should be good to include the mass transit route into the map, at least for KL and SGP, especially for the elevated tracks where it is prominent on ground for pedestrains/motorists.
The color is preferably feint(pink?) and dotted etc, visible yet does not interfere with roads

Thanks you.
心远地自偏,心静自然凉

antyong (retired)
Site Admin (retired)

Postby antyong (retired) » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:31 pm

alihms wrote:Have we tried to get government agencies / relevant private entities data in building our map? I notice that many community based maps around the world managed to obtain their respective government data without any copyright and legalities constraint attached. With mfm cloud and non-profit nature, aren’t we in the position to do the same?

Examples of agencies/entities and data they may provide:-
- Telekom Malaysia for Yellow Pages directory (I believe IRIVER, another GPS brand has the complete Yellow Pages listing)
- Pos Malaysia for Postal code numbers and coverage areas
- Jabatan Pengairan / Saliran for details on river / canals names
- JKR / Transport ministry for official road names, classification
- Jabatan Pemetaan Malaysia for various general mapping data.
- Malaysian Centre for Remote Sensing (MACRES) – very useful for polygon mappers
- Various bus operators (including KTM and kommuter trains) for the bus stop locations, routes, timetables, fares etc
- Private entities such as PLUS, Metramax etc for accurate info on their roads and facilities, toll rates and so on.

Good suggestions but someone has to request from the govt on behalf of MFM. Can you volunteer? [-o<

james_lee

Postby james_lee » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:33 am

I always tembak the Y-Road. Due to my garmin nuvi with MFM map (No Lane assist/ No JCV, but much better than other telexxx map and MxM map), but there are no voice prompt when reach the Y-Road, I don't know where to go, so I always tembak to keep right . Got one times when travel to KL, tembak keep right, unfortunately it's wrong tembak, Garmin recalculation here and there, finally garmin guided me back to this Y-road, this times didn't tembak, just keep left and lead me to the destination.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cynide
Contributor

Postby cynide » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:20 pm

May I suggest dat d upcomming GG b created s not all will browse thru it in d community hall. In dis way we will know wen will it b held @ a glance. :tq:

sivanya51

Postby sivanya51 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:56 pm

I would like to propose adding a "thanks" button next to the "quote" button in the POSTBOX.
This would help when members who wish to express their gratitude for the contribution in a post they have to just click the "thanks" button.
I have seen this in another forum, whereby the names of all those who clicked the thanks button appears below the posts. :tq:

tlchuan
Polygon Mapper
Location: Subang Jaya (x10 & Oregon 300)Garmin 255w sgmy, 2575RLM, Wayway 5035

Postby tlchuan » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:09 pm

Please use original name like 19 Lebuh Presgrave, not 19 Presgrave St.

Thank you

kee020041

Postby kee020041 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:11 pm

Suggestion: create marine maps Malaysia.

cstanpj

Postby cstanpj » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:08 pm

Hi antyong,

I refer to your response "cstanpj: POI for Commissioners for Oaths - We need the data. Please contribute" to my earlier suggestion in Suggestion Box 2009, just wonder whether the following list is good enough to generate the POI for Commissioners for Oaths :

http://www.kehakiman.gov.my/application ... an2009.htm

http://www.kehakiman.gov.my/application ... am2009.htm

TQ

AvCd

Postby AvCd » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:43 pm

kee020041 wrote:Suggestion: create marine maps Malaysia.

I think my PND does not support the Marine navigation.. BUT maybe for the Lake and Stream is OK. Year 2010 can MFM create fishing spot POI? thought there was many Fishing friends out there too :-k
:rox:

Return to “Community Hall”