Malsingmaps copying MFM data: Evidence and discussions

MFM community forum where you can find out the latest happenings and issues at MFM

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
izani
Valued Contributor

Re: So who is copying who?

Postby izani » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:45 pm

antyong wrote:
...There have been conflicts - which perhaps is inevitable - and we cannot stop people from throwing accusations. But just think back for a moment - the how's and why's and what we do here at malsingmaps : the love for gps, the love to see the map get better and better and maybe .. just maybe .. recognition by Garmin. It never was about money. BTW, we made absolutely no money out of this deal so you can keep all the conspiracy theories on the backburner! :wink: ...

For love to see the map get better and better,.....it is too troublesome to map himself. So take it blatantly from the original authors, remove as many traps as possible, and claim as MSM's. BUT when you are lazy, you miss things...
MSM-NT2009.png

Btw, you split apologists don't expect to find your nicks in the map. No tympg, doraemon and even dear old bro Rickvon. Good boys like sabre23t and stimix still remains :mrgreen:

Can you try to find Izani, Lrg as well? Should be there also hehe

fauzee
Polygon Mapper

Postby fauzee » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:56 pm

antyong wrote:
aceedburn wrote:there we go, yet again. I'm really sad that this has to happen. Why can't we all live in harmony?

Sad? Have you spent hours creating maps before? You will never understand the sadness of people copying your hard work if you don't.

This is my comment to those who try to hard trying to act neutral. Neutrality is the continue support to both parties irregardless of any wrongdoings. Neutrality is not blind disregard of what's wrong. Portraying yourself too hard as "reasonable" and you'll only get a "fake" impression.

This is my challenge to you - you want to start mapping to experience sadness?

Bro antyong..don't worry..i'll support u to fight with Badly Pirates...:fire: :fire: :fire: :champ:..mr antyong..why u not put security lock for your maps and anybody can't hack your maps...
Last edited by fauzee on Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~Lost Is Nothing~
...PLEASE INSTALL THE LATEST MAPS BEFORE DOIN' SOMETHIN'...

edchuang (retired)
Regional Mapper (retired)
Location: Shah Alam (GMXT+i-Blue747 Logger, Holux GPSmile62 Pro)

Postby edchuang (retired) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:00 pm

Huh :-? Kill Doraemon? :-? Are you serious or you misunderstood Bro :shock:......

fauzee
Polygon Mapper

Postby fauzee » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:02 pm

edchuang wrote:Huh :-? Kill Doraemon? :-? Are you serious or you misunderstood Bro :shock:......

sorry... ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) :fire: :fire: :fire:
~Lost Is Nothing~
...PLEASE INSTALL THE LATEST MAPS BEFORE DOIN' SOMETHIN'...

eagletay

Postby eagletay » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:15 pm

From my stand-point-of-view as gps-user myself, after Garmin-MSM complied map is born, MSM still own the maps, its future release and rights etc. And all these is done without any $$$ involment.
And indeed this benefit all garmin GPS(mal/sin) users eventually in long term...

I do understand the mappers of MFM are angry as their maps are used/copied without prior permission.

And Antyong: since you have been retired from MSM and pass your hardwok to MSM, I am sure indirectly you have agreed the rights of use of your hardwork to the discretion of MSM.

And of course I do not know why MFM is born after antyong retired from MSM.

I think this is my current though so far....

OK...Target board ready...shoot ...

antyong (retired)
Site Admin (retired)

Postby antyong (retired) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:38 pm

eagletay wrote:From my stand-point-of-view as gps-user myself, after Garmin-MSM complied map is born, MSM still own the maps, its future release and rights etc. And all these is done without any $$$ involment.
And indeed this benefit all garmin GPS(mal/sin) users eventually in long term...

I do understand the mappers of MFM are angry as their maps are used/copied without prior permission.

And Antyong: since you have been retired from MSM and pass your hardwok to MSM, I am sure indirectly you have agreed the rights of use of your hardwork to the discretion of MSM.

And of course I do not know why MFM is born after antyong retired from MSM.

I think this is my current though so far....

OK...Target board ready...shoot ...

Your thoughts are wrong because you made so many assumptions.

You said "i am sure indirectly you have agreed the rights of use of your hardwork to the discretion of MSM". I wonder how can you be sure. I had announced then that Sunn will take over all my maps. I passed a copy my KL and EPM maps to Wsian as backup.

You didn't bother to find out that NPM and PRK belongs to Dynamix (OngCC). I am not sure if he had passed his mp to Wsian and told him "Take it and use as you like". But his mp had to be passed to Wsian for map compilation. Tell me how does the data end up in Garmin-MSM?

I don't want to tell old stories again about why MFM was borned. If you see nothing wrong with what MSM had done, it is unlikely that you will accept any reason here. So don't worry, be happy :)

sharkteef
Valued Contributor

Postby sharkteef » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:24 pm

It is an achievement to run a non-profit community based project transparently. This is indeed one of MFM's good traits as i've spoken directly to antyong & unker sunn before accompanied by good ol stimix who's now on holiday. in cambodia or sumwhere i forgot. stimix if u're reading this and u're there, dont forget my "sau soon" ! hehehe

where was i, oh yeah, transparency. its a hard method to deal by but MFM has this principle in mind. i like this principle. if only i can apply it to my workplace which is impossible. imantulen also works in the same line of work and we have tons of layers of hierarchy and everything gets gobbled up in translation. When things are run in perspective to transparency, doubts are cleared and conflicts of interests are resolved. If one is not transparent in nature and work, directives are lost. your partners will feel dissipated and when information is withheld, it creates confusion and assumptions which is unhealthy.

layman translation: What you say, u do. dont say one thing, and do another. i expect MFM to be totally free for the community as that is the direction it is undertaking. as for MSM....well...... lets just keep MFM transparent at all times. when a leader like antyong exposes his interest and directions of this to a newbie like me, that's transparency. i salute that. you are anon's friend now and u can drink my chinese tea as much as u like. same goes wid unker sunn.

p/s - i hate my workplace. i hope my boss retires soon so i can kick his old butt out and do my work. yes MR. Wong, u are old and its time for u to call in retirement and make me CFO instead.

eagletay

Postby eagletay » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:47 pm

Hi Antyong,

Sorry, looks like I have made assumptions too fast. I send my apologies.
And yes, I do not really know what has behind the screen....

Still I am appreciate of you have done so far and your commitment in MFM.
Will continue to contribute for the growth of MFM.

Your sincerely..

edchuang (retired)
Regional Mapper (retired)
Location: Shah Alam (GMXT+i-Blue747 Logger, Holux GPSmile62 Pro)

Postby edchuang (retired) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:12 pm

Just noticed......mxm start deleting post that challenge their integrity. :-$

76gpsguy
Polygon Mapper

Postby 76gpsguy » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:16 pm

edchuang wrote:Just noticed......mxm start deleting post that challenge their integrity. :-$

Really.

Return to “Community Hall”