Malsingmaps copying MFM data: Evidence and discussions

MFM community forum where you can find out the latest happenings and issues at MFM

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
edchuang (retired)
Regional Mapper (retired)
Location: Shah Alam (GMXT+i-Blue747 Logger, Holux GPSmile62 Pro)

Re: So who is copying who?

Postby edchuang (retired) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:40 pm

I think the internal mXm league already started. People buying new Garmin Nuvi get the Garmin compiled mXm map. mXm community--->wait till end of April :-? :-? :-?

:zzz:

SOSweet

Postby SOSweet » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:08 pm

Bro edgarchen, yeah, only "contribute" to the pocket or hidden benefit of someone. :fire:

Afternote : bro's post had been deleted. :mrgreen: :tease:
HEALTHY LIVING :
Eat Less - Salt & Sugar
Do More - Exercise & Good Deeds

antyong (retired)
Site Admin (retired)

Postby antyong (retired) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:14 pm

edchuang wrote:I think the internal mXm league already started. People buying new Garmin Nuvi get the Garmin compiled mXm map. mXm community--->wait till end of April :-? :-? :-?

:zzz:

8 years later - here we are - agreement signed and sealed with Garmin. The day has come and it is a most humbling experience indeed.

I am jealous. I didn't get the chance to experience it. Must be a very humbling experience indeed to submit to big bro G, let them release our maps through Garmin dealers first and only get the scraps 2 months later :finga:

Garmin's ass must be something extraordinary. I want to kiss it!

kb27
Valued Contributor

Postby kb27 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:15 pm

We are now dealing with a publicly listed company called Garmin.
Copying may not be a simple accusation anymore.

antyong (retired)
Site Admin (retired)

Postby antyong (retired) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:18 pm

indrapr wrote:
antyong wrote:Once you get your hands on the Garmin-MSM map, you'll find it not much different from their 2.30. Still our old data from Perlis down to N Sembilan.

Does it mean that the old data (which was the initial data when MFM was formed) has been reverse engineered? If yes, then it's a different case altogether.

Bro Tokong's case might be just an isolated case of his noble intention to contribute to both communities, although his method might be wrong.

But if it's a case of reverse engineering, then it's indeed a serious issue. I hope the issues can be settled amicably between both parties. Especially since Garmin has been involved in this case.

Still want to believe words from the other side? FYI, masmap data is not in this Garmin-MSM map. All the data from Perlis down to KL is our old data (with references to our contributors deleted of course)

There is no need for reverse engineering. You see, we trusted "Mr Respect People's Copyright" Wsian. I personally passed him my map data when I announced my retirement at MSM. So naive and trusting :cry:

SOSweet

Postby SOSweet » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:23 pm

So who is copying who ? :mrgreen:
Who reverse engineering ? :mrgreen:
Who jump on the bangwangon of oppotunity of a life time ? :mrgreen:
:-? :-? :-?
HEALTHY LIVING :
Eat Less - Salt & Sugar
Do More - Exercise & Good Deeds

edchuang (retired)

Postby edchuang (retired) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:32 pm

antyong wrote:[ You see, we trusted "Mr Respect People's Copyright" Wsian. I personally passed him my map data when I announced my retirement at MSM. So naive and trusting :cry:

No need to :cry: lar Bro, I am sure now you won't even want to look at your outdated Sept 08 map right? :mrgreen:

antyong (retired)
Site Admin (retired)

Postby antyong (retired) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:36 pm

edchuang wrote:
antyong wrote:[ You see, we trusted "Mr Respect People's Copyright" Wsian. I personally passed him my map data when I announced my retirement at MSM. So naive and trusting :cry:

No need to :cry: lar Bro, I am sure now you won't even want to look at your outdated Sept 08 map right? :mrgreen:

49000 polylines + 14000 POIs + 4000 polygons leh. If each represents one strand of my hair, I can become botak many times over! :cry:

Of course, 35% belongs to bro Sunn :lol:

edchuang (retired)

Postby edchuang (retired) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:41 pm

Don't regret lar......now you have 30+ mappers and 100+ VCs and kept increasing MFM hardcore members to help you to re-grown you hair. :lol: :lol: :lol:

2uk3y

Postby 2uk3y » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:42 pm

antyong wrote:49000 polylines + 14000 POIs + 4000 polygons leh. If each represents one strand of my hair, I can become botak many times over! :cry:

thats such lot of works :frus: ...... past is past :-# ... now just make it better n better from the old one :peace:

Return to “Community Hall”