Masmap copying MFM data!

MFM community forum where you can find out the latest happenings and issues at MFM

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
alyem
Regional Mapper

Re: So who is copying who?

Postby alyem » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:45 pm

sharkteef wrote:my eyes are stained by babelfish's translation.
:ko: :ko: :ko:

i would like 2 minutes of my life back reading what u posted bro alyem. lol. jk jk.

I also have to read few times to understand what it is all about, Not 100% but 60 - 70 % hehehehe
73, 9w2yyl
You need the MAP, We need your TRACK

SOSweet

Postby SOSweet » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:16 pm

How about this ? :-'

Please forgive my use of Chinese published, is because my English is really Ltd.

"In face, I really wanted to know your intention of starting this post and the purpose of setting up this web site (MFM)
Is that really important to know who is copying ?
Late last year, I begin to involved in GPS and subsequently, learned to tracklog and used mapedit.
It is really convenience with the used of GPS, it served me well whereever I wanted to go. Truly convenience. I remembered the maps used was MSM V2.30.
Chinese preverb saying “You will know the quality of the horses when you ride it far”. After using the maps for a while, I found many errors; at the same time, MFM come up with its own maps, it was a pleasant to me. However, after using it, errors still can be found but luckily, updating of maps are speedy, we are pleased.
Understand that Masmap wanted to do a remapping to rectify the errors and since MSM seniors trusted me, plus I’m having the same ideal (to imporve the maps), that’s how I become masmap mapper.
I had no ideal why MFM seperated from MSM but I think everyone are trying to put up a better MY maps to benefit and convenience every users.
That was the main motivation and reason I become a mapper in masmap, I’m sure all those who provided tracklog share the same sentiment.
The mfm maps become more beautiful but still with same mistake as msm v230, since we are doing a remapping, why can’t we put all the improvement together ? In order to avoid the “copy right” problem, and as a respect to the originator, I kept the embeded details as it is (that’s what your people see it).
If you are really care, even you found the same label on the maps, I’m sure you still can find the different between the 2 maps. Friends, please be more farsighted.
Of course, if you or any originator not aggreable, I’m pleased to make changes."

Cheers.
HEALTHY LIVING :
Eat Less - Salt & Sugar
Do More - Exercise & Good Deeds

Chuah
Polygon Mapper
Location: SG Nuvi 200, 76CX, Holux GPSmile 62 + Papago X2, 3, 5 + Omnia 2 GMXT

Postby Chuah » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:26 pm

Bro SOSweet, your chinese is very very good, but some taste are gone between 2 :thumbsup: .

imantulen

Postby imantulen » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:27 pm

ahhhhhhhh !!!! :-'
now i see....
basically, his intentions were noble, in accordance to his perception of things.....
but reality strikes, in the muddled & clouded environment as it is, his intentions may seem naive & foolish to others....
point is - he's willing to rectify, if necessary, to avoid further confusions.......

:thumbsup:

alyem
Regional Mapper

Postby alyem » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:31 pm

That is much more better... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I must go and take up chinese class.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
73, 9w2yyl
You need the MAP, We need your TRACK

SOSweet

Postby SOSweet » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:33 pm

Chuah wrote:Bro SOSweet, your chinese is very very good, but some taste are gone between 2 :thumbsup: .

Well, if you watch a Hong Kong Cantonese drama or film translated into Mandarin, you got the same result, the "kick" is not there anymore. :wink:
HEALTHY LIVING :
Eat Less - Salt & Sugar
Do More - Exercise & Good Deeds

singawon
Valued Contributor

Postby singawon » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:45 pm

SOSweet wrote:
Chuah wrote:Bro SOSweet, your chinese is very very good, but some taste are gone between 2 :thumbsup: .

Well, if you watch a Hong Kong Cantonese drama or film translated into Mandarin, you got the same result, the "kick" is not there anymore. :wink:

If you watch those PRC translated movie...lagi kick ah.... :lol:

Anyway, to the person who copy, hope you do it smartly next time... :mrgreen:
诸恶莫作 众善奉行 自净其意 是诸佛教

jchoong

Postby jchoong » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:09 pm

SoSweet, thanks for the translation as I could not make any sense from the first attempt (with due respects to Alyem who tried to help guys like me who can't read a word of Chinese). I may be in the minority but I do empathize with Tokong for his noble intentions; naive but actually no harm done. Lets not kill his enthusiasm for the mapping work that he has volunteered, even though it is for another GPS community. Don't shoot me down; I'm just another enthusiastic GPS user and I do use (and appreciate) the maps from both communities.
Nuvi 2575; 40LM; Nexus 4

indrapr
Valued Contributor

Postby indrapr » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:52 pm

I second bro jchoong's opinion. And thanks to bro SOSweet for the nice translation. :)

waiwcw

Postby waiwcw » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:56 pm

Thanks Bro SOSweet for the nice translation.... juz now still guessing..... now understand already....
:tq:

Return to “Community Hall”