A write up by The Star Online regarding about the mapping communities

MFM community forum where you can find out the latest happenings and issues at MFM

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
OngCC
Senior Mapper

A write up by The Star Online regarding about the mapping communities

Postby OngCC » Mon May 15, 2017 8:25 pm

When can we have those days back?
http://www.thestar.com.my/tech/tech-new ... tch-gears/

GPS Community 1.PNG

GPS Community 2.PNG

GPS Community 3.PNG

GPS Community 4.PNG

GPS Community 5.PNG

GPS Community 6.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Upload your contribution to MFM drop box if you don't want others to take your contributed tracklogs or POIs.
http://www.malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11630

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: A write up by The Star Online regarding about the mapping communities

Postby silverbeauty » Thu May 18, 2017 11:27 am

This is reality of technology progress. However we can still use GPS hobby as an excuse to meet. Talk anything under the sun and not necessarily GPS :mrgreen:

mfm88

Postby mfm88 » Fri May 19, 2017 11:28 am

I depend on GPS a lot as I have poor road sense. :cry:

I prefer the standalone GPS for its convenience of AUTO TURNING ON/OFF when driving starts or ends. :thumbsup:

Setting up the phone for every journey is too troublesome, more so as navigation is power hungry. :thumbsdown:

Having guidance disrupted by calls etc on the phone can be crucial when coming to junctions. :ko:

Greatly appreciative to all the efforts in making the maps up to date so speedily. :prayer: =D>
心远地自偏,心静自然凉

kb27
Valued Contributor

Postby kb27 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:34 am

I'm a uber driver and I use Waze extensively bcuz uber app can pass destination info over quickly and start navigating.
However, there are times that Waze get stuck in a loop, can't accessed network, looking for the routing server, I presume.

That's when I reached out to my nuvi with mfm, punch in search and quickly start navigating.
POI search is quick and fast and remains very important to me.

Waze and google maps (esp with traffic avoidance) have their place, but once data network is not available, gps rx still rules.

And what can you do when Waze/google map don't bring you to the exact location, but dropped you off somewhere that is close by but really inconvenient place to stop or park ? You can't feedback and it remains at that poor location/navigation.

With mfm, we can always feedback and tracked. And by the next update it's resolved.

Return to “Community Hall”