Tokyo map need in urgent, pls!!!

MFM community forum where you can find out the latest happenings and issues at MFM

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
nickychua

Tokyo map need in urgent, pls!!!

Postby nickychua » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:09 am

Hi all the seniors,

I really need tokyo english version map urgently for my old garmin device nuvi250w, i tried to download from garmin website, but end up not enough memory to calculate, since the map size 600MB. I tried to copy the gmapsupp zip (single file) to sd card, but it cant read, is that any missing step. Please help..... Thank you

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: Tokyo map need in urgent, pls!!!

Postby silverbeauty » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:59 pm

nickychua wrote:Hi all the seniors,

I really need tokyo english version map urgently for my old garmin device nuvi250w, i tried to download from garmin website, but end up not enough memory to calculate, since the map size 600MB. I tried to copy the gmapsupp zip (single file) to sd card, but it cant read, is that any missing step. Please help..... Thank you

Are you getting the map from Garmin Japan ? I do not recall Garmin selling Japan map. Usually it is a third party map

There is really a lack of Japanese maps in English. Japan is unique in that search is by telephone number thus navigating via POI there is challenging to difficult as not names in map or signboard is in Japanese. What you have to do is to build your own POI's before departure via Mapsource / Basecamp and transfer it to your GPS.

FYI I am using this map http://uud.info/en/map/
This is an English maps for Japan for Garmin GPS , The map is not that detail but good enough to get you around

wblee

Postby wblee » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:14 am

you can try this osm map for garmin
http://admincabal.com/osm/

or open street map for garmin
http://garmin.openstreetmap.nl/

moeyhc
Valued Contributor
Location: Penang - Nuvi 300, 205W, 2575RLM, M1200, M1000B/C, Papago N1

Postby moeyhc » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:30 pm

Please unzip your file... the Map file name should be gmapsupp.img and must be placed in SD card Garmin folder.
Common Sense Is Not Common.

Return to “Community Hall”