MFM Banners & Logos

MFM community forum where you can find out the latest happenings and issues at MFM

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
jaguar
Valued Contributor

Re: Banners & Logos

Postby jaguar » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:41 pm

Bravo all friends.. .great artwork... however... how to ask my hokiien frieends to pronouvent mysgfreemaps ? at least now.. they day 'eh jag.. u have malsing or not' .. :mrgreen: that day i tell them in hokkien singlish "beng ah.. wait hor. now new map will come soon" "what nam ah ?" "new site la.. mfm or malfreemaps" "huh, what say you? i catch no ball" "aiya, beng ah, MalFreemaps" "Simit, mulburrymaps huh. how come chocolate company also can give map?" I then explain slowly to him... mal-free-maps ... then slowly unnerstnad..... Now I see mysgfreemaps ... shiong ah.. .how to pronounce to him hor... :mrgreen: I better continue with my tigerling .. see ya... this one ah beng understand...

FaZo
Location: Ipoh - NEED HOMESTAY NEAR LOST WORLD OF TAMBUN? PM ME FOR MORE INFO <Nüvi 200w & GMXT>

Postby FaZo » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:36 pm

Halu all,

here's are my suggestion for the car sticker logo design....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
" By prevailing over all obstacles and distractions,one may unfailingly arrive at his chosen goal "

jaguar
Valued Contributor

Postby jaguar » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:26 pm

=D> =D> =D> can you add a wa wa looking up at the satellite ? [-o< [-o<

FaZo
Location: Ipoh - NEED HOMESTAY NEAR LOST WORLD OF TAMBUN? PM ME FOR MORE INFO <Nüvi 200w & GMXT>

Postby FaZo » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:29 pm

jaguar wrote:=D> =D> =D> can you add a wa wa looking up at the satellite ? [-o< [-o<

no problem bro jaguar, can be done

but, what is wa wa?
" By prevailing over all obstacles and distractions,one may unfailingly arrive at his chosen goal "

nyem
Valued Contributor

Postby nyem » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:24 pm

I like sulphur's skyline
sulphur wrote:Image

and after several copy/paste later I came up with this draft design for the car-sticker
mfm-logo.png
I prefer a cartoon car - to signify that we're a happy, fun bunch of people - instead of that Garmin taxi.
(There are copyrighted materials on this design - need to replace that if really want to use this for the final design)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
http://flavors.me/nyem

cruiser
Location: NL - Nuvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T, 650, 4980 & TTom GO 910 + 950 Live, GO 6000

Postby cruiser » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:38 pm

FaZo wrote:
jaguar wrote:=D> =D> =D> can you add a wa wa looking up at the satellite ? [-o< [-o<

no problem bro jaguar, can be done

but, what is wa wa?

Adoi.... wa wa ... is the greatest word representing the femali species.... Bro Jag probably hoping to put a tiny wawa with hands raise, looking at the satellite to welcome the signals.... :mrgreen:
Image ~ Cruiser ~

Kaizer

Postby Kaizer » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:55 pm

Looking good. But IMHO, better to start an official 'slogan' vote 1st? With the right slogan incorporated into the design, it will look more complete?

FaZo

Postby FaZo » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:07 pm

cruiser wrote:Adoi.... wa wa ... is the greatest word representing the femali species.... Bro Jag probably hoping to put a tiny wawa with hands raise, looking at the satellite to welcome the signals.... :mrgreen:

if thats the case, need to put bikini wawa holding gpsr. damn, the design will become sexy.. hehe

wawawawa

SOSweet

Postby SOSweet » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:46 pm

jaguar wrote:Bravo all friends.. .great artwork... however... how to ask my hokiien frieends to pronouvent mysgfreemaps ? at least now.. they day 'eh jag.. u have malsing or not' .. :mrgreen: that day i tell them in hokkien singlish "beng ah.. wait hor. now new map will come soon" "what nam ah ?" "new site la.. mfm or malfreemaps" "huh, what say you? i catch no ball" "aiya, beng ah, MalFreemaps" "Simit, mulburrymaps huh. how come chocolate company also can give map?" I then explain slowly to him... mal-free-maps ... then slowly unnerstnad..... Now I see mysgfreemaps ... shiong ah.. .how to pronounce to him hor... :mrgreen: I better continue with my tigerling .. see ya... this one ah beng understand...

Only ah beng can write and understand ah beng. :tease:
HEALTHY LIVING :
Eat Less - Salt & Sugar
Do More - Exercise & Good Deeds

cruiser
Location: NL - Nuvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T, 650, 4980 & TTom GO 910 + 950 Live, GO 6000

Postby cruiser » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:17 pm

In retrospect... and thinking rather deeply on the core goals coupled with the community devoted to this initial objective from way back, which most of us (I came later lah but feel family oredi... :mrgreen: ), if I may also suggest, the MFM is going to represent change and for good reasons supporting the breakaway.

Hence, it is more than understood that we are dealing with Malaysia and Singapore maps primarily right? And its meant to be provided, delivered as subject to the free commitment submitted by goodwill and well wishers surfing the same route....

MFM is better termed in short for My Free Maps giving a closer association and affinity to all who sees it, agrees with it and can relate its closer ties once joining the MFM Forum community... what do you all say to this?

Makes sense? I know & realize the domain name has been registered as MalysiaFreeMaps and that stays for the Website registration.

Making it MyFreeMaps does not show bias to one country and thats not what MFM is planning to do either hence, it can be confusing and questionable so long as this MalaysiaFree hovers above....

My FREE maps is more appropriate and can be a household name in a quicker time too...!!! Heyyy, we need that banner that jubilates excitement... can anyone design it quickly on that too??

Cheers to all... I finally got in after almost 22 failed cruisings since I stopped my other CmyCruiser handle created mistakenly this afternoon. :thumbsup: :peace:
Image ~ Cruiser ~

Return to “Community Hall”