MFM & Garmin Collaboration

MFM community forum where you can find out the latest happenings and issues at MFM

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: MFM & Garmin Collaboration

Postby silverbeauty » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:15 pm

[quote="gpsnerd"]

thanks for the breakdown :wink:

question:
1. garmin will know whether if its local set as we need the serial number to download garmin's version right? how about after we download for a localized unit, we transfer the data to a non localized unit, can it still work?
embedded firmware in set controls the function

2. whats CGS?
third party mapping software used by MfM

3. i tried to download from garmin website, but a check with garmin website, my serial number is an error?
does garmin give limited years of support for their localized sets?
Check with Garmin. We cannot commit on what, why, who, when on happenings in Garmin website

4. how can i manage 3 map sets from MFM, Garmin MFM, and Garmin SgMyMal map sets in a device?
Depending on model and firmware, maps can reside in main memory under Garmin defined terminology map file name (gmapprom.img, gmapprom1.img, gmapsupp.img etc... or in SD card /garmin ( gmapsupp.img ) or in SD card /map ( any user choice file name ) sub-folder. Use our search to locate threads that tells how this is done :-'

gpsnerd
Contributor

Postby gpsnerd » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:49 pm

silverbeauty wrote:
gpsnerd wrote:

thanks for the breakdown :wink:

question:
1. garmin will know whether if its local set as we need the serial number to download garmin's version right? how about after we download for a localized unit, we transfer the data to a non localized unit, can it still work?
embedded firmware in set controls the function

2. whats CGS?
third party mapping software used by MfM

3. i tried to download from garmin website, but a check with garmin website, my serial number is an error?
does garmin give limited years of support for their localized sets?
Check with Garmin. We cannot commit on what, why, who, when on happenings in Garmin website

4. how can i manage 3 map sets from MFM, Garmin MFM, and Garmin SgMyMal map sets in a device?
Depending on model and firmware, maps can reside in main memory under Garmin defined terminology map file name (gmapprom.img, gmapprom1.img, gmapsupp.img etc... or in SD card /garmin ( gmapsupp.img ) or in SD card /map ( any user choice file name ) sub-folder. Use our search to locate threads that tells how this is done :-'

Thanks for the reply :peace:
User of 205 / 205W
Currently using 255W and 205W, 4592 LM

gpsnerd
Contributor

Postby gpsnerd » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:02 pm

I tried MFM map sets and GARMIN MFM complied map sets

Both are ok, just that GARMIN MFM don't show CPOI and nearby POI.

BUT I realized that seeking road names, eg RIDLEY PARK, on the MFM data, we can search everything almost by name, typing most of the characters

BUT GARMIN MFM, some (or maybe all) road names must and can only search via address search only. Same goes with postal code, search via address search and it can help a little with matching word and postal code search
User of 205 / 205W
Currently using 255W and 205W, 4592 LM

ltma75

Postby ltma75 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:19 pm

I would like to know how to install a mal maps in non local garmin gps, I'm using nuvi 765T, and where to download the map?

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:07 pm

ltma75 wrote:I would like to know how to install a mal maps in non local garmin gps, I'm using nuvi 765T, and where to download the map?

Here viewtopic.php?p=123970#p123970

Download the installer
Go buy an SD card
Create a sub folder /garmin in the SD card
Run the installer to generate map file gmapsupp.img
Put the map file into the sub folder /garmin in the SD card

Enjoy our map and please contribute error reporting and new POI. :tq:

cleverdragon

Postby cleverdragon » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:17 pm

currently i am using M(

Map version is MFM PPG Version 3-5-12..

any latest map?

Where can i update the map (Malaysia & Singapore) for free??

Thanks..

silverbeauty

Postby silverbeauty » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:57 pm

cleverdragon wrote:currently i am using M(

Map version is MFM PPG Version 3-5-12..

any latest map?

Where can i update the map (Malaysia & Singapore) for free??

Thanks..

Latest can be found here viewtopic.php?p=123970#p123970

ajakblackgoat

Postby ajakblackgoat » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:17 am

I have just updated my mfm map from 2011.xx to CN SGMY NT 2012.40 from garmin.sg. I've read in this thread that these recent garmin maps support Lane Assist. Well, how do I enable that. I have tried doing simulation but both LA and JV are not displayed,,, unless I checked on City Navigator Sing/Malaysia NT 2011.10 as well along with CN SGMY NT above. Do I have to tick both maps for the LA & JV to work? :-?

Thanks in advance for your help.

tlchuan
Polygon Mapper
Location: Subang Jaya (x10 & Oregon 300)Garmin 255w sgmy, 2575RLM, Wayway 5035

Postby tlchuan » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:30 am

what garmin models have u use, only local model is compatible, no setting needed to use jvc, garmin cn maps u have download should more than 350mb and u need to place the jcv in the system in order it to work

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

ajakblackgoat

Postby ajakblackgoat » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:26 am

tlchuan wrote:what garmin models have u use, only local model is compatible, no setting needed to use jvc, garmin cn maps u have download should more than 350mb and u need to place the jcv in the system in order it to work

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

sorry... i am using nuvi 2465. i downloaded the installer from http://www.garmin.com.sg/mapupdate/ so i think that is the latest version. no problem with installing. Serial no. --> unlock key verification went well.

I think you are right about the JCV file which I need to put it inside different folder instead of where the installer puts it.

UPDATE: I have checked the installation files in my nuvi and everything seems in order:-

Filename: gmapsupp.img
Date Mod: 27/12/2012 10:23 AM
Size: 62,712 KB
Path: MAIN:\map

Filename: SgMyMfre.JCV
Date Mod: 20/12/2012 3:02 PM
Size: 288,047 KB
Path: MAIN:\.System\JCV

The selected map in settings is as follow:

7925.png

But still, no Junction View and Lane Assist shown!!

BTW, the update file downloaded is malfree_201240_2465.exe (320 MB/327,850 KB)
And my nuvi is local set.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Community Hall”