MFM & Garmin Collaboration

MFM community forum where you can find out the latest happenings and issues at MFM

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: MFM & Garmin Collaboration

Postby silverbeauty » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:45 am

pathfinder6s wrote:Malfreemaps 2012.30 is out!

http://www.garmin.com.sg/mapupdate/

From the link above I can only see nuv 205. My question is the update
compatible to my nuv 200W? This is my first question.
offer is only for localized unit purchased from official distributor / reseller in Malaysia-Singapore
2) I have enter the ID number from my unit to the column and it said the number is not valid. Why?
Unit ID is not serial number located on housing of Nuvi but the electronic ID as in system info menu
3) I have download this "POILoaderforWindows_272". I have follow all the steps till "Please select the file where the data files can be found" and I got this error message "There are no data files in that folder. PLease specify a folder that contain at least one file with a .csv or .gpx extension."
It tells you that it could not find a POI data file. You need to generate a file ie.. via mapsource in order for POI loader to work on.
Please help me with all my questions?

Thank you.

chinwy
Regional Mapper

Postby chinwy » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:05 pm

[quote="pathfinder6s"]Malfreemaps 2012.30 is out!

From the link above I can only see nuv 205. My question is the update
compatible to my nuv 200W? This is my first question.
------------------------------

A note of caution. You cannot load the map directory into GPS memory. You will not have enough memory space. You need to load it into SD card.

zorroremasked

Postby zorroremasked » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:15 am

:thumbsup:

:peace:

:rox:

:good:

:tq: :tq: :tq:

donally888

nuvi 205 Series - Download Maps For Singapore & Malaysia

Postby donally888 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:32 pm

Hi, Iam new here and would need advice and help to download the correct Garmin Maps
for Malaysia & Singapore. The Garmin model I am using is: nuvi 205 Series. Ps help advice. :rolleyes:

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: nuvi 205 Series - Download Maps For Singapore & Malaysia

Postby silverbeauty » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:19 am

donally888 wrote:Hi, Iam new here and would need advice and help to download the correct Garmin Maps
for Malaysia & Singapore. The Garmin model I am using is: nuvi 205 Series. Ps help advice. :rolleyes:

Your GPS is rather dated .. so may not have memory resources to handle the newer maps.

Download our MFM map installer from this link viewtopic.php?p=123970#p123970

Run the installer to generate the map file gmapsupp.img

During the course of running the installer, you will be asked to tick a dialog box. Suggest you click remove polygons to save resources.

Copy the map file gmapsupp.img into an SD card subfolder /garmin

Plug SD card into your Nuvi. That's it.

AW*
Valued Contributor

Postby AW* » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:23 pm

Hmm, i wonder if this is the correct thread to post my feedback on the garmin nt 2012.30. i find that the voice nagivation is "off" somehow. I wonder if this is my Nuvi 255W or the map. The TTS can't speak or pronounce some of the road names and when it did, the pronounciation was off! luckily I was driving a route with which I'm familiar, otherwise I'd be lost.

Is this due to the way the map was structured/compiled or is it a problem with my ol faithful 255W? Hopefully someone can help shed some light on this, I know it is a minor issue but it bugged me all the same.

But MFM still the best!! MFM :champ: :champ:
" The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." - Mahatma Ghandi
" In matters of conscience, the law of majority has no place." - Mahatma Ghandi

255W,1460, 2465 & 2465LM

AW*
Valued Contributor

Postby AW* » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:33 pm

DarkNite wrote:
tympg wrote:
DarkNite wrote:I'm using it but many routes are not correct.
Example in Penang, It doesn't know that you can't drive from Jln Cantonment across to Sepoy Lines.

That's not true at all. I think you must have misinterpreted the GPS.

DarkNite wrote:One thing I hate is there are no indication of traffic light or familiar business icons like Garmin XT.
Many times when I got lost in KL, I need to call to the local agent who gave direction like pass 3 traffic light then turn left ...pass 7Eleven or Guardian pharma... which are not indicated at all in the 2465. :(

You should be keeping your eyes on the road most of the time when driving, occasionally glancing at the PND as need be. The GPS is there just to give you turning guidance. If you think it's wrong you can choose to ignore its advice. It was never meant to be used in conjunction with directions given by people because people assume you are looking out for the actual traffic light or 7-Eleven, not some icon on a screen.

Many thanks for the respond. Very much appreciated the explanation. It is a whole new sux experience for me using the Garmin 2465. After using Garmin Mobile XT for 5 yrs.
... but on my 2465 it still tells me to drive across to Sepoy lines. :(
Will try and take a picture to show you when I drive that route again.

And it doesn't tells me to take the Jln Tunku Kudin under pass to Greenlane but to use the round about.
Sometimes when I'm in Raja Uda in Prai it will tells me to take the ferry which is very much time consuming rather than the Pg Bridge.
And Jln Gangsa is label as Lintang Gangsa.

Unfortunately, I didn't choose to ignore its advice. From IOI Puchong it was not able to guide me via the highways which is lot faster and less jam on Sunday early morning, to Wangsa Maju.
My Map is City Navigator Singapore/Malaysia NY 2012.10 CN SGM NT 2012.10 ALL. << Is this the wrong map to use?

HI Bro,

hope you don't mind if I butt in. I was testing a 2465LM yesterday and it is exactly like your 2465 (except LM has a free lifetime navteq map update, i think). MY sis uses a 2465 which I had tested for her.

The part where you said your unit directed u to use ferries - it could be because you didn't send "route avoidance" properly. by default, under ävoidances, i noticed the traffic is selected where ferries and unpaved road not selected. pls make sure under "avoidances" you select "Ferries"and "unpaved roads". this way, no matter the navigation will not route you to the ferries or unpaved road (we have it in KL). unless you wanted to take the Ferry, then it's a different matter.

also if you set navigation to faster route, instead of shortest time, then it will take you across all known highways while using "Shortest" routing gives you a different result all together. By all means, explore to see which you like. If you don't like the suggested routing, you can always plot your own route and update it into your nuvi as your fav!

i once made the mistake of enabling routing for pedestrian and it really took me across all manners of routing - right across or against traffic flow and/or downside lanes that weren't meant for cars! i was perplexed and while I didn't curse a blue streak, i put the garmin aside and didn't use it for a time thinking it was "rosak"until someone pointed out my problem to me.

also, select garmin mfm map or garmin msm map, both have junction views, of course most users' preference are MFM!! the map you selected, i was told it is more accurate for use down south in our neighbour's country. (that's what i was told)

just sharing some of my experience with you, these may not answer your questions, then again your problem could be map related, therefore don't be discouraged to use the map, and if you do find that there are real discrepancies in the routing and map, by all means do provide the feedback here at the correct conversation / topic thread (so they pick it up real quick), this is what make MFM great and helps make MFM map what is is today!! THE BEST!!

have fun with your unit - i uses the255W and i think 255W is a faithful "workhorse" but i must admit the ASR in 2465 and 2465LM is attractive - I don't have to worry about fiddling with the unit (yeah I know I"m not supposed too) while driving.

have fun!
" The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." - Mahatma Ghandi
" In matters of conscience, the law of majority has no place." - Mahatma Ghandi

255W,1460, 2465 & 2465LM

matagas

Postby matagas » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:31 am

thanks for the good hardworking :champ: :champ: :champ:
nice jcv... try on my 255w...want to ask

1. why cimb bank logo like ambank logo....
2. can i combine this map with MFM-Garmin 121001

My gadjet Nuvi 255W and HTC HD,Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and NEC versa s3300

miezy_cayang

Postby miezy_cayang » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:13 pm

sobamy wrote:Well done mfm :good: :tq:

sp2007

Postby sp2007 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:19 pm

Hi,anybody know how to update garmin map i need help.thank you

Return to “Community Hall”