Please Do Not SPAM!!

MFM community forum where you can find out the latest happenings and issues at MFM

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
Redstorm
Contributor

Please Do Not SPAM!!

Postby Redstorm » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:07 pm

A new MSM member going by the nick of AdilO started spamming the Sg and all the My state threads except E My and Brunei in the "Tracks, Waypoints & Feedbacks" sub-forum in MSM with his thread "You can post all track at Mal_free_map". Apparently, he is a member here with a different nick. I am really irked by such irresponsible behaviour. While I do not question his good intention of wanting to "advertise" this new forum and am not against any member spreading words about this new forum, but spamming is a different matter altogether and in any forum, it is obviously against the rules. "Advertising" in one thread is good enough and doing so with more than one thread is getting a bit too far and would made this forum looks bad. Already there existed some differences in MSM which resulted in this breakaway and the formation of this new forum, the spamming in MSM might be wrongly interpreted and cause bad blood. As a moderator on both sides, I certainly do not wish to see this thing happen and am sure the rest of the members here, who are also MSM members, don't want too. So, whoever you are, AdilO, please stop spamming in MSM or even here. Let this be a warning to you and anyone who flout the rules here on spamming. Thank you.
Last edited by Redstorm on Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Free beer tomorrow!ImageImage

email2me
Valued Contributor

Re: Please Do Not SPAM!!

Postby email2me » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:22 pm

Steady la bro Redstorm ....... Here we make the map better and let the users recommend via words of mouth. That's the best :thumbsup: No point go spam .... Since we are building our maps from scratch, later the newbies complain our map sucks/not complete or what so ever making the situation worse.

So we encourage doing the recommendation peaceful way .... Let the results prove Malfreemaps rocks ! :champ:
Malaysia and Singapore dedicated website for Food Point Of Interest or commonly known as Food POI. GPI and GDB available for download. All foods tested with photos.

cruiser
Location: NL - Nuvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T, 650, 4980 & TTom GO 910 + 950 Live, GO 6000

Postby cruiser » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:34 pm

I agree with Bro Redstorm. AdilO should not do that. It will only make the situation worse. OK. enough said. Life goes on. Thanks.
Image ~ Cruiser ~

Redstorm
Contributor

Postby Redstorm » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:51 pm

Now, another new MSM member, alt-keong8260, has spammed the "contributor discussion" thread there with 7 similar threads. Hmm...... looks fishy to me since that particular thread is only visible to Valuable Contributors and this guy is only a newbie. :-k Not a smart move, anyway. :-#
Free beer tomorrow!ImageImage

sabre23t

Postby sabre23t » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:36 pm

Redstorm wrote:Now, another new MSM member, alt-keong8260, has spammed the "contributor discussion" thread there with 7 similar threads.

I've just warned alt-keong8260 and deleted the spammed threads in the other forum. You can PM (or SMS me) in the future, if there are similar issues requiring immediate action in the other forum.
4SQ, Waze, GMM, MSM, MFM & OSM ;-}

antyong (retired)
Site Admin (retired)

Postby antyong (retired) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:14 am

Dear members, please do not spam MSM forum. We are fellow enthusiasts. Even if there is a fall-out, we can still move on with decency. So please concentrate on improving our maps and forum. Thanks for your cooperation.

CmyCruiser

Postby CmyCruiser » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:45 pm

cruiser wrote:I agree with Bro Redstorm. AdilO should not do that. It will only make the situation worse. OK. enough said. Life goes on. Thanks.

Aiyyyy... This is the real cruiser in MSM and now, I'm here as CmyCruiser coz registration an hour ago failed under this original Cruiser I use...

I will request brudder Antyong to check this out as I don't recall making this post...heck I just entered this den today... not any earlier.... :ko:

Next is my avatar upload... hmm, even that too was taken.. :frus: now who potong jalan here hahhh??? [-X

CmyCruiser

Postby CmyCruiser » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:49 pm

Redstorm wrote:Now, another new MSM member, alt-keong8260, has spammed the "contributor discussion" thread there with 7 similar threads.

sabre23t wrote: I've just warned alt-keong8260 and deleted the spammed threads in the other forum. You can PM (or SMS me) in the future, if there are similar issues requiring immediate action in the other forum.

WTG... spammers who does this simply are not even thinking the damage they cause... only keluar ahsap is all they think & do best... [-X

cruiser
Location: NL - Nuvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T, 650, 4980 & TTom GO 910 + 950 Live, GO 6000

Postby cruiser » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:50 pm

This is a confirmation that I'm also here and enjoying my cruise as always... \:D/
Last edited by cruiser on Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image ~ Cruiser ~

Kaizer

Postby Kaizer » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:50 pm

Hmm... And the plot thickens. :shock:

Return to “Community Hall”